There are 300 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
So if Trey goes down we're going to bet our entire season on a career practice squad guy that has thrown 14 passes @45% since 2017?

I'd prefer Jimmy. Just as I've made the case the FO does as well.

The staff paid Nate as if he was the backup….no s**t any FO would rather have Jimmy as a backup. Paying him $27M is not financially smart regardless of what anyone wants to make up.

if Jimmy wants to come back at $5M knowing he's not the starter fine. I'll bet money that's not an option for him and would rather be cut.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So if Trey goes down we're going to bet our entire season on a career practice squad guy that has thrown 14 passes @45% since 2017?

The staff paid Nate as if he was the backup….no s**t any FO would rather have Jimmy as a backup. Paying him $27M is not financially smart regardless of what anyone wants to make up.

if Jimmy wants to come back at $5M knowing he's not the starter fine. I'll bet money that's not an option for him and would rather be cut.

So, what I'm saying is common sense IE "the basics" yet you guys mocked me? I understand Gore, he never adds anything of substance besides snide or talking points that he parrots off the guys he wants so hard to be like but you're better than this NY.

What I was saying is not rocket science.
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on Apr 4, 2022 at 6:58 AM ]
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by Second2Nunley:
It's pretty apparent they are waiting until he clears his physical to either cut him or trade him for a Darnold type backup.

The signing of Griese, and the 2 million guaranteed they gave Sudfeld, almost suggests they wanted him for the backup.

Welcome to literally the whole rest of the NFL. Nobody has a second starter on the bench unless it is a drafted kid they are hoping turns into one, like we were last year. It is the old Hockey Goal Tender adage. If you have two starters, you don't have one.

What other QB room has a total of 2 starts, 108 total pass attempts?

It's a helluva lot better than going into a season with a QB you KNOW is fragile and likely to be hurt with CJ Beathard as your backup.
So, what I'm saying is common sense IE "the basics" yet you guys mocked me? I understand Gore, he never adds anything of substance besides snide or talking points that he parrots off the guys he wants so hard to be like but you're better than this NY.

What is wrong with what I posted? Name me a team paying a backup QB $27M this yr? Financially it makes zero sense and you know it. They paid Nate backup money as well. His cash is GTD, you're not doing that if your plan all along was to have Jimmy as the backup or on the final roster at his current cap hit.

like I said if Jimmy comes back on a backup level contract knowing he's the backup then that might be a feasible thing….clearly that wasn't their prerogative heading into the off season. We will see how it plays out, there's a long time to go from now until WK1

What is wrong with what I posted? Name me a team paying a backup QB $27M this yr? Financially it makes zero sense and you know it. They paid Nate backup money as well. His cash is GTD, you're not doing that if your plan all along was to have Jimmy as the backup or on the final roster at his current cap hit.

like I said if Jimmy comes back on a backup level contract knowing he's the backup then that might be a feasible thing….clearly that wasn't their prerogative heading into the off season. We will see how it plays out, there's a long time to go from now until WK1

I'm not really into Jimmy being the backup regardless of the money. Luckily, he won't. Just get him off the team already and let's turn the page.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:

I'm not really into Jimmy being the backup regardless of the money. Luckily, he won't. Just get him off the team already and let's turn the page.

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by Second2Nunley:
It's pretty apparent they are waiting until he clears his physical to either cut him or trade him for a Darnold type backup.

The signing of Griese, and the 2 million guaranteed they gave Sudfeld, almost suggests they wanted him for the backup.

Welcome to literally the whole rest of the NFL. Nobody has a second starter on the bench unless it is a drafted kid they are hoping turns into one, like we were last year. It is the old Hockey Goal Tender adage. If you have two starters, you don't have one.

Good post. Nothing wrong with teaching people about basic football stuff. We all had to learn at one point.

A lot of people never learned the basics lol

https://www.amazon.com/Football-Dummies-Howie-Long/dp/1119022630
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i fully agree,,, however in the alternate universe... if he does stay.. you can not pay him 27 million... you can not... people want to tell us how smart kyle and lynch are.. but no one.. no smart organization does that..
Originally posted by cciowa:
i fully agree,,, however in the alternate universe... if he does stay.. you can not pay him 27 million... you can not... people want to tell us how smart kyle and lynch are.. but no one.. no smart organization does that..

Agree, distraction and sucks. What's the point?
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Comp pick and insurance for TL injury

is he.....still here?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stefano89:
is he.....still here?

Yep.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Comp pick and insurance for TL injury

Comp pick isn't guaranteed. Especially for a back up. Cost to much for insurance.
Trade him for 2 2's in the 2030s we'll get there eventually and will reap the benefit
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Trade him for 2 2's in the 2030s we'll get there eventually and will reap the benefit

The real tutus on the table
Share 49ersWebzone