There are 264 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
If that's you're apology for not paying attention to your own team and how they also called out fans than I'll accept it.

What are you even doing, man? You really that daft? I asked you why you insulted the Fanbase. What in the hell do I have to apologize for? You are the one that comes into a FAN forum and insults the entire fan base, calling us "bottom of the barrel". GTFO!

Because as I've said. Our fans have turned on Alex, Kaep, Jimmy and he'll "get this monkey off my back" Steve Young . Soon enough without a doubt in my mind it will be Trey. It's not even a question.

They draft up conspiracies like he's not hurt because he opened a water bottle, they blatantly say they don't care if it hurts the team and just release him, they lie saying he can't throw 15 yards, they spent literally 2 weeks blaming him for a throw that hit Deebo in both hands

It sucks that we treat every QB so terribly and it sucks that Trey will be next. Again, no question.
we have a championship team.. QB is the weakest link

if Trey can't get us over the hump, then he is not exempt from criticism

Hypothetical but say Trey is a little behind right now as he 21 years old, that's not hate, that's reality. What if Jimmy, a 9 year accomplished vet gives us a better chance?

Be honest... What do you do? From what I gather people would rather lose because they hate Jimmy. Again this is hypothetical.
Jimmy has had the best all around team he's had since being here... he's still struggling with a lot of things. that is not a better chance... it just makes the playoffs even harder
If that's you're apology for not paying attention to your own team and how they also called out fans than I'll accept it.

What are you even doing, man? You really that daft? I asked you why you insulted the Fanbase. What in the hell do I have to apologize for? You are the one that comes into a FAN forum and insults the entire fan base, calling us "bottom of the barrel". GTFO!

Because as I've said. Our fans have turned on Alex, Kaep, Jimmy and he'll "get this monkey off my back" Steve Young . Soon enough without a doubt in my mind it will be Trey. It's not even a question.

They draft up conspiracies like he's not hurt because he opened a water bottle, they blatantly say they don't care if it hurts the team and just release him, they lie saying he can't throw 15 yards, they spent literally 2 weeks blaming him for a throw that hit Deebo in both hands

It sucks that we treat every QB so terribly and it sucks that Trey will be next. Again, no question.

Hypothetical but say Trey is a little behind right now as he 21 years old, that's not hate, that's reality. What if Jimmy, a 9 year accomplished vet gives us a better chance?

Be honest... What do you do? From what I gather people would rather lose because they hate Jimmy. Again this is hypothetical.
Jimmy has had the best all around team he's had since being here... he's still struggling with a lot of things. that is not a better chance... it just makes the playoffs even harder

Amazes me some people here Prefer Jimmy to Deebo. We cant keep both this year.
[ Edited by Strwy2Hevn on Apr 4, 2022 at 12:33 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
People KNOW Jimmy can't perform in the playoffs

Better than Kyler Murray x2

Great standards you have there.

People KNOW Jimmy can't perform in the playoffs. If Trey isn't given a chance, he'll never be able to. If you're asking me if it is worth missing the playoffs this year in order to dominate them for the next 10, then I'm all in on that. Same thing happened with Young. I was disappointed we missed the playoffs his 1st year, but he dominated the league for the next 8. In hindsight, it was absolutely worth it.

So... Why not just make the playoffs this year with Jimmy then let the then 23 year old dominate afterwards?

Again I'm speaking hypothetically but I think from all the evidence I have presented and that includes quotes from the GM, coach, and owner that this could be a plan. Not the ideal plan but again, throwing a 22 year old out there just to do it could really stunt his growth. He's got 10+ more years to prove himself.

Kyler is a #1 overall and MVP caliber player if he puts it all together. Point is hard to judge based on one or two postseasons. Small sample size. People would have said S. Young isn't a playoff performer after losing at home as favorite in 92 and getting crushed on road 93. Then he set NFL records in 94. Is the point JG is Young. No, so don't go there. Point is a handful of games as a sample size is not something to say well we KNOW (all caps) what will happen. No you don't.

Oh 0 doubt. Some very prominent and regular posters will poo pooo his every mistake as if it is some monumental failure, proof of the ineptness of our FO and Kyle himself for being enamored with the kid. Anything short of a Mahomes like performance in year two will be proof that Kyle and John overpaid and were fleeced for the #3 pick. Mac Jones is superior blah blah blah and all this after week 1. Oh its coming, this IS the Webzone after all.

People KNOW Jimmy can't perform in the playoffs. If Trey isn't given a chance, he'll never be able to. If you're asking me if it is worth missing the playoffs this year in order to dominate them for the next 10, then I'm all in on that. Same thing happened with Young. I was disappointed we missed the playoffs his 1st year, but he dominated the league for the next 8. In hindsight, it was absolutely worth it.

So... Why not just make the playoffs this year with Jimmy then let the then 23 year old dominate afterwards?

Again I'm speaking hypothetically but I think from all the evidence I have presented and that includes quotes from the GM, coach, and owner that this could be a plan. Not the ideal plan but again, throwing a 22 year old out there just to do it could really stunt his growth. He's got 10+ more years to prove himself.
Don't fall for the business talk..

jimmy has had his chance already and he's shown he's not the guy, time to move on with Trey
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Apr 4, 2022 at 12:48 PM ]

Because Trey needs reps. He needs to play. You aren't going to skip pass his growing pains just because he is another year older. Can't keep wasting his rookie contract. If you sit him again you are wasting 3 years of his rookie contract. Because his 3rd year would be him going through the growing pains, the ups and downs. You would rather him do that in his 2nd year and have him be fully ready in year 3. Trading 3 1st RD picks to draft a QB at 3 and have him sit 2 straight years, Just so you could start an average QB would be malpractice. Jimmy G a QB nobody around the league wants and yet he is suppose to our best option in 2022?

Kyler is a #1 overall and MVP caliber player if he puts it all together. Point is hard to judge based on one or two postseasons. Small sample size. People would have said S. Young isn't a playoff performer after losing at home as favorite in 92 and getting crushed on road 93. Then he set NFL records in 94. Is the point JG is Young. No, so don't go there. Point is a handful of games as a sample size is not something to say well we KNOW (all caps) what will happen. No you don't.

We signed Jimmy to a $125 million contract with less of a sample size.

Ok, we'll see how Jimmy does in the playoffs the rest of his career.

Don't fall for the business talk..

jimmy has had his chance already and he's shown he's not the guy, time to move on with Trey

I agree that Jimmy has had his chance(s) but still what if Trey is still a little behind? That's not hate, it's perfectly logical that a 22 year old with 10 quarters of experience, and only about 1 season of college might need time.

Again this is why they are so hesitant to get behind Trey and give him the reigns for this season. Obviously if we can get a little more help with picks from Jimmy it'll relieve some stress on Trey but if not just cutting Jimmy just to cut him seems dumb. There's still plenty that can happen as far as getting Deebo and rookies signed. Why not go in with the best team possible this year? The window will not always be this open

Because another reason we drafted Trey was to take advantage of his playing on a rookie deal. You're talking about wasting 2 years of that 5 year deal, then he would finally get his first real experience with only 3 years left on it? That makes even less sense than keeping a $27 million backup.
[ Edited by NotAFinga42 on Apr 4, 2022 at 1:01 PM ]

I'm betting with enough sample size it would be like his regular season career only worse. Most everyone, TB12 included, plays better in regular season as the D you face and the coaching you face is tougher in postseason. JG career rating is 99 and I would expect postseason around 85-89. He was at 87 his last postseason game (LAR). Regular season vs LAR he was 141, 87, then 87 postseason. The 141 rating was pre injury.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Apr 4, 2022 at 12:59 PM ]

I'm betting with enough sample size it would be like his regular season career only worse. Most everyone, TB12 included, plays better in regular season as the D you face and the coaching you face is tougher in postseason. JG career rating is 99 and I would expect postseason around 85-89. He was at 87 his last postseason game (LAR). Regular season vs LAR he was 141, 87, then 87 postseason. The 141 rating was pre injury.

I will bet with you any day. My bet is he never sniffs the playoffs again for the rest of his career.
Share 49ersWebzone