There are 317 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
If that's you're apology for not paying attention to your own team and how they also called out fans than I'll accept it.

What are you even doing, man? You really that daft? I asked you why you insulted the Fanbase. What in the hell do I have to apologize for? You are the one that comes into a FAN forum and insults the entire fan base, calling us "bottom of the barrel". GTFO!

Because as I've said. Our fans have turned on Alex, Kaep, Jimmy and he'll "get this monkey off my back" Steve Young . Soon enough without a doubt in my mind it will be Trey. It's not even a question.

They draft up conspiracies like he's not hurt because he opened a water bottle, they blatantly say they don't care if it hurts the team and just release him, they lie saying he can't throw 15 yards, they spent literally 2 weeks blaming him for a throw that hit Deebo in both hands

It sucks that we treat every QB so terribly and it sucks that Trey will be next. Again, no question.
we have a championship team.. QB is the weakest link

if Trey can't get us over the hump, then he is not exempt from criticism

Hypothetical but say Trey is a little behind right now as he 21 years old, that's not hate, that's reality. What if Jimmy, a 9 year accomplished vet gives us a better chance?

Be honest... What do you do? From what I gather people would rather lose because they hate Jimmy. Again this is hypothetical.

People KNOW Jimmy can't perform in the playoffs. If Trey isn't given a chance, he'll never be able to. If you're asking me if it is worth missing the playoffs this year in order to dominate them for the next 10, then I'm all in on that. Same thing happened with Young. I was disappointed we missed the playoffs his 1st year, but he dominated the league for the next 8. In hindsight, it was absolutely worth it.

So... Why not just make the playoffs this year with Jimmy then let the then 23 year old dominate afterwards?

Again I'm speaking hypothetically but I think from all the evidence I have presented and that includes quotes from the GM, coach, and owner that this could be a plan. Not the ideal plan but again, throwing a 22 year old out there just to do it could really stunt his growth. He's got 10+ more years to prove himself.
Don't fall for the business talk..

jimmy has had his chance already and he's shown he's not the guy, time to move on with Trey

I agree that Jimmy has had his chance(s) but still what if Trey is still a little behind? That's not hate, it's perfectly logical that a 22 year old with 10 quarters of experience, and only about 1 season of college might need time.

Again this is why they are so hesitant to get behind Trey and give him the reigns for this season. Obviously if we can get a little more help with picks from Jimmy it'll relieve some stress on Trey but if not just cutting Jimmy just to cut him seems dumb. There's still plenty that can happen as far as getting Deebo and rookies signed. Why not go in with the best team possible this year? The window will not always be this open
no one is hesitant. it's already known that it's Trey season

We already tried the jimmy experiment last year, why try it again and expect different results ? plus, The games that Trey played in was on par with Jimmy's 8 year experience.
If that's you're apology for not paying attention to your own team and how they also called out fans than I'll accept it.

What are you even doing, man? You really that daft? I asked you why you insulted the Fanbase. What in the hell do I have to apologize for? You are the one that comes into a FAN forum and insults the entire fan base, calling us "bottom of the barrel". GTFO!

Because as I've said. Our fans have turned on Alex, Kaep, Jimmy and he'll "get this monkey off my back" Steve Young . Soon enough without a doubt in my mind it will be Trey. It's not even a question.

They draft up conspiracies like he's not hurt because he opened a water bottle, they blatantly say they don't care if it hurts the team and just release him, they lie saying he can't throw 15 yards, they spent literally 2 weeks blaming him for a throw that hit Deebo in both hands

It sucks that we treat every QB so terribly and it sucks that Trey will be next. Again, no question.

Hypothetical but say Trey is a little behind right now as he 21 years old, that's not hate, that's reality. What if Jimmy, a 9 year accomplished vet gives us a better chance?

Be honest... What do you do? From what I gather people would rather lose because they hate Jimmy. Again this is hypothetical.

People KNOW Jimmy can't perform in the playoffs. If Trey isn't given a chance, he'll never be able to. If you're asking me if it is worth missing the playoffs this year in order to dominate them for the next 10, then I'm all in on that. Same thing happened with Young. I was disappointed we missed the playoffs his 1st year, but he dominated the league for the next 8. In hindsight, it was absolutely worth it.

So... Why not just make the playoffs this year with Jimmy then let the then 23 year old dominate afterwards?

Again I'm speaking hypothetically but I think from all the evidence I have presented and that includes quotes from the GM, coach, and owner that this could be a plan. Not the ideal plan but again, throwing a 22 year old out there just to do it could really stunt his growth. He's got 10+ more years to prove himself.

jimmy has had his chance already and he's shown he's not the guy, time to move on with Trey

I agree that Jimmy has had his chance(s) but still what if Trey is still a little behind? That's not hate, it's perfectly logical that a 22 year old with 10 quarters of experience, and only about 1 season of college might need time.

Again this is why they are so hesitant to get behind Trey and give him the reigns for this season. Obviously if we can get a little more help with picks from Jimmy it'll relieve some stress on Trey but if not just cutting Jimmy just to cut him seems dumb. There's still plenty that can happen as far as getting Deebo and rookies signed. Why not go in with the best team possible this year? The window will not always be this open

Yes. Because publicly stating that you are actively shopping Jimmy screams that you are insecure about Trey's readiness to take the reigns.

We already tried the jimmy experiment last year, why try it again and expect different results ? plus, The games that Trey played in was on par with Jimmy's 8 year experience.

Can you point out where they have said Trey is the starter? Why haven't they? I hear "because he has to earn it"... against Sudfield?! "Because they are trying to trade Jimmy"... then why openly admit he has zero trade value? If they really are going to lie, lying about his worth would be the main thing to lie about. Jimmy coming back next year does nothing as far as moving his trade value.
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on Apr 4, 2022 at 1:18 PM ]
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Yes. Because publicly stating that you are actively shopping Jimmy screams that you are insecure about Trey's readiness to take the reigns.

So... You take their word when it suits your agenda but it's coaches talk when it doesn't?

Hm...

Trading Jimmy has been the main plan if we get solid compensation, but the GM, Owner and coach has always said that Jimmy returning is a possibility if they don't get what they want. This has been left open since exit interviews. Thus never getting fully behind Trey this season.

Can you point out where they have said Trey is the starter? Why haven't they? I hear "because he has to earn it"... against Sudfield?! "Because they are trying to trade Jimmy"... then why openly admit he has zero trade value? If they really are going to lie, lying about his worth would be the main thing to lie about. Jimmy coming back next year does nothing as far as moving his trade value.

numerous articles from Lynch and Kyle already, even Lance himself has said it

no one has said he's coming back. You are just hearing answers to loaded questions on him being on the team still. He's only on the team still is due to his injury Gtd

100%

Who in the front office said Trey needs to earn it? Obviously everyone has to earn their starting role in the NFL. But again. Who in the front office said Trey needs to earn it?

Why do they need to name a starter in the beginning of April? They didn't name a starter last season. It was quite obvious to everyone that Jimmy was taking all of the 1st team reps therefor he was the starter.

Who in the FO has stated that Jimmy has zero trade value? If you are only taking Lynch's statements into consideration and dismissing Kyle's statements is blatantly being disengenuous.

Your arguments have been weak at best up to this point.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
People KNOW Jimmy can't perform in the playoffs

Better than Kyler Murray x2

Great standards you have there.

Kyler is a #1 overall and MVP caliber player if he puts it all together. Point is hard to judge based on one or two postseasons. Small sample size. People would have said S. Young isn't a playoff performer after losing at home as favorite in 92 and getting crushed on road 93. Then he set NFL records in 94. Is the point JG is Young. No, so don't go there. Point is a handful of games as a sample size is not something to say well we KNOW (all caps) what will happen. No you don't.

Ok, we'll see how Jimmy does in the playoffs the rest of his career.

I'm betting with enough sample size it would be like his regular season career only worse. Most everyone, TB12 included, plays better in regular season as the D you face and the coaching you face is tougher in postseason. JG career rating is 99 and I would expect postseason around 85-89. He was at 87 his last postseason game (LAR). Regular season vs LAR he was 141, 87, then 87 postseason. The 141 rating was pre injury.

I will bet with you any day. My bet is he never sniffs the playoffs again for the rest of his career.

Sir you are speaking about a man with 2 SB rings, $137m in the bank and his own Eat Fresh sammy.

no one has said he's coming back. You are just hearing answers to loaded questions on him being on the team still. He's only on the team still is due to his injury Gtd

"We're not just going to get rid of a good quarterback because we have other quarterbacks on the roster," Shanahan said Tuesday at the NFL's owners' meetings. "Quarterbacks are really hard to come by. Some teams don't have any at all. The fact that we have three we're happy with, that is a good thing. You always want to upgrade your team. Usually, only one guy can play. We know all our guys are capable of starting. Jimmy has done a great job for us. We brought Trey here to be that eventually, and I think that will be sooner than later."

Sooner than later... That's really a ringing endorsement (sarcasm)

He's too good of a player. I don't foresee that, and I think Jimmy will be playing for us or he'll be playing for somebody else.

-Lynch

"We have two really good quarterbacks on our roster," York said. "One guy has gotten to the final four and beyond two of the last three seasons. If he's our guy, that's OK. If Trey is our guy that we traded up for, that's OK.

"I want to win football games. It's not about 'We traded up for Trey,"

-Jed york

Im hearing EXACTLY, EX..ACT...LY.... What they are saying. 100%... It's their words. It's you guys playing naive, not me. For the 30th time, it's not me putting words in their mouths, I'm literally quoting them. It's you guys who are making up s**t out of thin air. Literally.
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on Apr 4, 2022 at 1:38 PM ]

"We're not just going to get rid of a good quarterback because we have other quarterbacks on the roster," Shanahan said Tuesday at the NFL's owners' meetings. "Quarterbacks are really hard to come by. Some teams don't have any at all. The fact that we have three we're happy with, that is a good thing. You always want to upgrade your team. Usually, only one guy can play. We know all our guys are capable of starting. Jimmy has done a great job for us. We brought Trey here to be that eventually, and I think that will be sooner than later."

He's too good of a player. I don't foresee that, and I think Jimmy will be playing for us or he'll be playing for somebody else.

-Lynch

"We have two really good quarterbacks on our roster," York said. "One guy has gotten to the final four and beyond two of the last three seasons. If he's our guy, that's OK. If Trey is our guy that we traded up for, that's OK.

-Jed york

Im hearing EXACTLY, EX..ACT...LY.... What they are saying. 100%... It's their words. It's you guys playing naive, not me. For the 30th time, it's not me putting words in their mouths, I'm literally quoting them. It's you guys who are making up s**t out of thin air. Literally.

-Lynch

-Jed york

can you find anything about him playing for us before that.. ?. like i said you are hearing answers to why he's still on the team since we can't find a trade partner
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Apr 4, 2022 at 1:50 PM ]

-Lynch

-Jed york

can you find anything about him playing for us before that.. ?. like i said you are hearing answers to why he's till on the team since we can't find a trade partner

Let me find the exit interview... The day after the nfcc.

-Lynch

-Jed york

can you find anything about him playing for us before that.. ?. like i said you are hearing answers to why he's till on the team since we can't find a trade partner

Let me find the exit interview... The day after the nfcc.
remember Lynch wanted to leave jimmy in Tenn
They wouldn't just be getting rid of him because we have other QB's on the roster. There are other circumstances that were not considered in the statement that Shanahan made. Such as whether or not Jimmy even wants to be here and if cutting him makes the 49ers better because they can use some of that 25.5 million to make a late off season or in season trade.

RackofRibs49, to use your same argumemt for why you think that the FO isn't fully confident in Trey taking over because they didn't name him the starter in April. They also never said that they were 100% not going to cut Jimmy either. They stated that they were going to do whatever they thought would make the team better. Cutting Jimmy could make the team better just by freeing up cap space that could be used to bolster the roster in July or August.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Apr 4, 2022 at 2:00 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone