There are 188 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Literally

Trey is 21. That's the reality. We've got 5 all pros on the roster. That's also a reality. Everybody agrees if trey can win he will be the starter. Really, everybody's in agreement. Why do these threads go on so long.

Lots here don't understand football.

Yeah it could be that only one person gets it and it's the guy you see in the mirror. That's probably it. Not possible to have two different perspectives and who would want to hear a perspective different than their own anyway? What would the point of that be?

Plausible perspectives are fine. We get very few of those.

Thinking that a 22 year old that has never really played a lot of football, and when he did it was against scrubs in college may not be ready is extremely plausible to me. That's not hate, I'm excited for Trey, but he's still a baby

No arguments here. Even if true 0% chance Jimmy is here in September.

Its plausible. You disagree but I most certainly think it is. If I had to bet? I wouldn't but it's still more plausible than you guys care to admit.
Literally

Trey is 21. That's the reality. We've got 5 all pros on the roster. That's also a reality. Everybody agrees if trey can win he will be the starter. Really, everybody's in agreement. Why do these threads go on so long.

Yeah it could be that only one person gets it and it's the guy you see in the mirror. That's probably it. Not possible to have two different perspectives and who would want to hear a perspective different than their own anyway? What would the point of that be?

Thinking that a 22 year old that has never really played a lot of football, and when he did it was against scrubs in college may not be ready is extremely plausible to me. That's not hate, I'm excited for Trey, but he's still a baby

Its plausible. You disagree but I most certainly think it is. If I had to bet? I wouldn't but it's still more plausible than you guys care to admit.
if it's more plausible, then it's worth betting

Since you don't even believe in what you are posting, it makes you sound more and more of a trolling others than actually being sincere
I feel like this video applies to anything Jimmy related in here 😆

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 4, 2022 at 5:35 PM ]
i just started doing mock draft research and so much round 1 talent keeps falling to mid 2nd just outside the reach of our pick

gdamn if we could have moved JG for a second in this draft it would have been amazing

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Literally

Since you don't even believe in what you are posting, it makes you sound more and more of a trolling others than actually being sincere

It's also plausible that we trade him. That is and was the main plan. That doesn't change the fact that keeping Jimmy was always a plan as well if we don't get the offer we want and I've pointed out since even exit interviews the door has been open. It always has been. I remember Kyle even not ruling Jimmy out as late as mid to late last season

I'm "literally" using their quotes. I don't think it's some master plan to lie about it just to get picks. They are serious. They are also serious about trade. They're not sitting here lying about anything and have been pretty upfront about their intentions. Jimmy is still on the table, trades are still on the table, hell he could be cut but I doubt it and think that would be more at Jimmy's blessing.

For the 18th time, I want Trey. I wouldn't cry if Jimmy gives him competition, even if he wins. I wouldn't cry if Jimmy was gone tomorrow though I'm thankful for the great seasons. I have no ulterior motives here like the ones who spent a lot of energy trashing everything the guy did.
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on Apr 4, 2022 at 5:52 PM ]
Literally plausible prudent aggressive attacks going on in here
Literally

It's also plausible that we trade him. That is and was the main plan. That doesn't change the fact that keeping Jimmy was always a plan as well if we don't get the offer we want and I've pointed out since even exit interviews the door has been open. It always has been. I remember Kyle even not ruling Jimmy out as late as mid to late last season

I'm "literally" using their quotes. I don't think it's some master plan to lie about it just to get picks. They are serious. They are also serious about trade. They're not sitting here lying about anything and have been pretty upfront about their intentions. Jimmy is still on the table, trades are still on the table, hell he could be cut but I doubt it and think that would be more at Jimmy's blessing.

For the 18th time, I want Trey. I wouldn't cry if Jimmy gives him competition, even if he wins. I wouldn't cry if Jimmy was gone tomorrow though I'm thankful for the great seasons. I have no ulterior motives here like the ones who spent a lot of energy trashing everything the guy did.
you are spending a lot of energy on this Org speak..

Since he's still under contract.. they will not speak as if he's off the team in any interview(s), until he's off the team
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
i just started doing mock draft research and so much round 1 talent keeps falling to mid 2nd just outside the reach of our pick

gdamn if we could have moved JG for a second in this draft it would have been amazing

leave jimmy alone
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
If that's you're apology for not paying attention to your own team and how they also called out fans than I'll accept it.

What are you even doing, man? You really that daft? I asked you why you insulted the Fanbase. What in the hell do I have to apologize for? You are the one that comes into a FAN forum and insults the entire fan base, calling us "bottom of the barrel". GTFO!

Because as I've said. Our fans have turned on Alex, Kaep, Jimmy and he'll "get this monkey off my back" Steve Young . Soon enough without a doubt in my mind it will be Trey. It's not even a question.

They draft up conspiracies like he's not hurt because he opened a water bottle, they blatantly say they don't care if it hurts the team and just release him, they lie saying he can't throw 15 yards, they spent literally 2 weeks blaming him for a throw that hit Deebo in both hands

It sucks that we treat every QB so terribly and it sucks that Trey will be next. Again, no question.
we have a championship team.. QB is the weakest link

if Trey can't get us over the hump, then he is not exempt from criticism

Hypothetical but say Trey is a little behind right now as he 21 years old, that's not hate, that's reality. What if Jimmy, a 9 year accomplished vet gives us a better chance?

Be honest... What do you do? From what I gather people would rather lose because they hate Jimmy. Again this is hypothetical.

People KNOW Jimmy can't perform in the playoffs. If Trey isn't given a chance, he'll never be able to. If you're asking me if it is worth missing the playoffs this year in order to dominate them for the next 10, then I'm all in on that. Same thing happened with Young. I was disappointed we missed the playoffs his 1st year, but he dominated the league for the next 8. In hindsight, it was absolutely worth it.

So... Why not just make the playoffs this year with Jimmy then let the then 23 year old dominate afterwards?

Again I'm speaking hypothetically but I think from all the evidence I have presented and that includes quotes from the GM, coach, and owner that this could be a plan. Not the ideal plan but again, throwing a 22 year old out there just to do it could really stunt his growth. He's got 10+ more years to prove himself.
Don't fall for the business talk..

jimmy has had his chance already and he's shown he's not the guy, time to move on with Trey

I agree that Jimmy has had his chance(s) but still what if Trey is still a little behind? That's not hate, it's perfectly logical that a 22 year old with 10 quarters of experience, and only about 1 season of college might need time.

Again this is why they are so hesitant to get behind Trey and give him the reigns for this season. Obviously if we can get a little more help with picks from Jimmy it'll relieve some stress on Trey but if not just cutting Jimmy just to cut him seems dumb. There's still plenty that can happen as far as getting Deebo and rookies signed. Why not go in with the best team possible this year? The window will not always be this open
no one is hesitant. it's already known that it's Trey season

We already tried the jimmy experiment last year, why try it again and expect different results ? plus, The games that Trey played in was on par with Jimmy's 8 year experience.

Can you point out where they have said Trey is the starter? Why haven't they? I hear "because he has to earn it"... against Sudfield?! "Because they are trying to trade Jimmy"... then why openly admit he has zero trade value? If they really are going to lie, lying about his worth would be the main thing to lie about. Jimmy coming back next year does nothing as far as moving his trade value.
numerous articles from Lynch and Kyle already, even Lance himself has said it

no one has said he's coming back. You are just hearing answers to loaded questions on him being on the team still. He's only on the team still is due to his injury Gtd

"We're not just going to get rid of a good quarterback because we have other quarterbacks on the roster," Shanahan said Tuesday at the NFL's owners' meetings. "Quarterbacks are really hard to come by. Some teams don't have any at all. The fact that we have three we're happy with, that is a good thing. You always want to upgrade your team. Usually, only one guy can play. We know all our guys are capable of starting. Jimmy has done a great job for us. We brought Trey here to be that eventually, and I think that will be sooner than later."

Sooner than later... That's really a ringing endorsement (sarcasm)

He's too good of a player. I don't foresee that, and I think Jimmy will be playing for us or he'll be playing for somebody else.

-Lynch

"We have two really good quarterbacks on our roster," York said. "One guy has gotten to the final four and beyond two of the last three seasons. If he's our guy, that's OK. If Trey is our guy that we traded up for, that's OK.

"I want to win football games. It's not about 'We traded up for Trey,"

-Jed york

Im hearing EXACTLY, EX..ACT...LY.... What they are saying. 100%... It's their words. It's you guys playing naive, not me. For the 30th time, it's not me putting words in their mouths, I'm literally quoting them. It's you guys who are making up s**t out of thin air. Literally.
can you find anything about him playing for us before that.. ?. like i said you are hearing answers to why he's still on the team since we can't find a trade partner
Literally... Literally... I mean literally (people overuse that word) they have kept the door open since right after the season to keeping Jimmy. It's pretty obvious and I'm not trying to be an ass but I am one of the very few who actually pays attention and listens. The rest literally make up s**t. Jimmy triggers posters so bad they stoop to making s**t up and call everyone liars. This is a very very basic thing here.

"I have the ultimate respect for Jimmy," Shanahan said. "I'm very excited about Trey. And that's where we're at right now. Jimmy's made it a lot harder. He stayed healthy and he played like he is capable playing, which to me is one of the better quarterbacks in this league.

"So we're in a tough situation — not a tough situation. You're in a situation where you got to make some tough decisions. It won't be easy, but I'm happy about that."

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-pledge-keep-jimmy-garoppolo-informed-about-future-plans

What decisions does he mean? I know as it's blatant common sense is Jimmy or Trey but I'm wondering what conspiracy you guys will push.

Geez, dude. You are completely full of yourself.

There are also quotes that I have posted multiple times that I have used to successfully debate you. You, like everyone else, see what we want to see.

The bottom line is you do not actively shop a guy if you are not confident in his replacement. The only way you can get around that argument is to say they were lying about shopping him and that the surpirise surgery was used as an excuse not to trade him. Do you believe everything the FO says? Do you believe none of what the FO says? Or do you believe only what you pick and choose to believe?
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Apr 4, 2022 at 6:22 PM ]
Originally posted by YACBros85:

There are also quotes that I have posted multiple times that I have used to successfully debate you. You, like everyone else, see what we want to see.

The bottom line is you do not actively shop a guy if you are not confident in his replacement. The only way you can get around that argument is to say they were lying about shopping him and that the surpirise surgery was used an excuse not to trade him. Do you believe everything the FO says? Do you believe none of what the FO says? Or do you believe only what you pick and choose to believe?

This really isn't accurate no matter how many times you want to keep leaning on it.

Is it possible they are completely confident in Trey right now? Absolutely. Is there a trade offer out there they would take for Jimmy G, even in the event they weren't completely confident in Trey Lance? Absolutely. Especially while there are other, significantly cheaper, veteran options available in FA or in the trade market to potentially acquire after you ship Jimmy G out.

The coaches can doubt Trey Lance, and they'd still be absolute fools for not taking an offer of 2 2nd round picks for example. Take those picks and go pick up another established vet backup for insurance.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Apr 4, 2022 at 6:28 PM ]

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

The bottom line is you do not actively shop a guy if you are not confident in his replacement. The only way you can get around that argument is to say they were lying about shopping him and that the surpirise surgery was used an excuse not to trade him. Do you believe everything the FO says? Do you believe none of what the FO says? Or do you believe only what you pick and choose to believe?

This really isn't accurate no matter how many times you want to keep leaning on it.

Is it possible they are completely confident in Trey right now? Absolutely. Is there a trade offer out there they would take for Jimmy G, even in the event they weren't completely confident in Trey Lance? Absolutely. Especially while there are other, significantly cheaper, veteran options available in FA or in the trade market to potentially acquire after you ship Jimmy G out.

The coaches can doubt Trey Lance, and they'd still be absolute fools for not taking an offer of 2 2nd round picks for example. Take those picks and go pick up another established vet backup for insurance.

So you would take draft picks over a guy that you think gives you the best chance to win a super bowl? Hmmm. Interesting. I thought the goal of the NFL was to win super bowls. Had no idea the end goal was to accumulate more draft picks.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

But it is accurate. No NFL team would get rid of a player at the most important position in the game without being confident they have a player who can at least produce as much. Are you kidding?
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

So we can draft another bust guard? Yea jimmy ruined everything.

Im pretty sure you mean 100%. Oops.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Because Trey needs reps. He needs to play. You aren't going to skip pass his growing pains just because he is another year older. Can't keep wasting his rookie contract. If you sit him again you are wasting 3 years of his rookie contract. Because his 3rd year would be him going through the growing pains, the ups and downs. You would rather him do that in his 2nd year and have him be fully ready in year 3. Trading 3 1st RD picks to draft a QB at 3 and have him sit 2 straight years, Just so you could start an average QB would be malpractice. Jimmy G a QB nobody around the league wants and yet he is suppose to our best option in 2022?

I think we can all agree that Trey needs reps to get better. That he needs to play for his individual growth.

What this analysis fails to account for is the teams position now (just like last year). If the team was not set up to go on a deep run and contend for a possible Super Bowl appearance and win, this is a no brainer. You move on from Jimmy and you hand it over to Trey and let him take his lumps. The issue is the team is set up to compete for the ultimate prize, and you have to weigh how much of Trey's individual growth is going to cost the team in pursuit of that goal.

Most 49ers homers respond to this in this way: They say Jimmy's play is easily replaceable and it won't be hard for Trey Lance to at least play at Jimmy's level next season. The problem with is this is we just don't know what Trey is going to look like with a full offseason and people are going to look at last year differently. My argument is that Jimmy Garoppolo, and I really can't stand the guy as a player, was significantly better than the Trey Lance we saw last season. He's much better at playing the position and managing the game even with his obvious physical and mental limitations he brings to the table. This shouldn't be a surprise. Trey Lance has no experience, played for a small school that dominated its competition, and was universally looked at as a player that needed to be developed potentially over multiple years. Now can Trey Lance come back in after a full offseason and put this discussion to bed? Definitely. Is there anything we've seen as fans to really provide evidence that it is a surety? No. In fact the best evidence we have is the last time the team played meaningful games, and they were very high stakes games obviously, the coaches didn't just play Jimmy, they played him through serious injuries for a QB.

So if you shopped Jimmy and didn't get the offer you were looking for, it would be prudent to hang onto him and get a look at Lance after the offseason, before you make a final decision on Jimmy's status. If Trey comes back and hasn't taken the steps and is a player the coaches can't comfortably trust guiding a potential Super Bowl team, you can play a guy you obviously don't love but can count on to be functional. Would this be good for Trey's development? Maybe not. But his development is secondary to winning games and I promise you the coaches and players feel this way.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Apr 4, 2022 at 7:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone