There are 208 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
You're 100% certain but you just fabricated some fantasy out if thin air. Why?!(paranoid)It's happened before too it's...so...weird... Lol

I'm like a coping mechanism or something. I don't get it. It's creepy.

Just for fun I went into your post history and ran into that politics thread. LOL. Not the same person, confirmed.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
You're 100% certain but you just fabricated some fantasy out if thin air. Why?!(paranoid)It's happened before too it's...so...weird... Lol

I'm like a coping mechanism or something. I don't get it. It's creepy.

Just for fun I went into your post history and ran into that politics thread. LOL. Not the same person, confirmed.
Sounds like something my alt would say...
One Hot Pocket or a slice of pizza from 7-11
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

What kind?
Anyone concerned about all these wide receiver monster extensions that keep rising in cost? Price for deebo keeps rising. Let me guess though, having Jimmy on the team isn't stopping us from extending deebo or bosa.
Originally posted by ltrain:
Anyone concerned about all these wide receiver monster extensions that keep rising in cost? Price for deebo keeps rising. Let me guess though, having Jimmy on the team isn't stopping us from extending deebo or bosa.

Concerned no. Knew all contracts were gonna blow up once cap was announced and is guaranteed to raise big again next year. Jimmy is stopping us for signing extensions today. Long run he is not. He's as good as cut.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

What kind?

Pepperoni.
Originally posted by mayo49:

What kind?

Pepperoni.

The full slice pepps or the cubed ones?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

What kind?

Pepperoni.

Full slice.
Originally posted by ltrain:

Not at all. There's still a lot of time. If it was a huge deal, they would do it.

Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by Second2Nunley:
It's pretty apparent they are waiting until he clears his physical to either cut him or trade him for a Darnold type backup.

The signing of Griese, and the 2 million guaranteed they gave Sudfeld, almost suggests they wanted him for the backup.

So if Trey goes down we're going to bet our entire season on a career practice squad guy that has thrown 14 passes @45% since 2017?

I'd prefer Jimmy. Just as I've made the case the FO does as well.

Jimmy would be a better option on the field. But the price tag is way too much, not to mention there's the risk of a locker room rift if Trey is starting.

Now, if they decide to do a legit competition, and he loses but takes a pay cut, perhaps that may be a viable situation. But it comes with the risk of dividing the team.
It's like the 50th player to come out and say this but don't worry Cohn Wannabes say otherwise.

"I love Jimmy G," Sanders said on NFL Network's Good Morning Football. "This is a guy that I remember, going into games, I used to play with so much confidence because I knew that this guy is a winner. You go back and look at his win percentage, his win percentage is ridiculous. He's a natural-born winner. The moment he got to San Francisco, he started winning"

Dude just wins and garbage fans literally hate everything about Jimmy, just like they did Steve, just like they did Alex, just like they did Kap, just like Jimmy just like they 100% will Trey in a year or two. Find me another fanbase that hates winning QBs like our fans do and id be surprised. Every good QB basically this fanbase turns on.

You're completely misunderstanding most of the posts you are seeing.

There isn't much hate for Jimmy. What is there is this: an understanding that he's somewhere near the middle of the pack in NFL starters—which is a great thing to have for the teams that don't have an elite QB—but the 49ers also have a very talented QB on the roster right now who may develop into that top tier. Then, you have the fact that he'd cost 27 million to remain on the team. In addition, several superstars are nearing extension time. At that point, it becomes a cost-benefit analysis, and getting rid of Jimmy clearly outweighs keeping him.

Now, the other issue is that many people are simply annoyed at the cult-like overpraise Jimmy gets here, and overcompensate in their posts for that. But that's not a mark against Jimmy, it's just a reaction to overpraise of him.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Apr 6, 2022 at 9:10 AM ]

What kind?

Pepperoni.

Full slice.

Chicago deep dish with a Heineken Zero that's the JG order
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
"But I still think Jimmy G is better than a lot of guys out here in the league, though. I can't say what he's going to do, but he's a winner. He's been to the NFC Championship twice. He's been to the Super Bowl. You look at his record when he was with the 49ers—he's a winner. Every time he's on the field, they have success."

Gore

Everyone around him says it about Jimmy except for our bottom of the barrell spoiled fanbase.

So now it's down to insulting the fan base because the ENTIRE LEAGUE agrees Jimmy's value is 💩? Classy.

It's not that simple. This is about leverage. The 49ers have very little because they drafted Trey Lance. Jimmy's trade value peaked just before the draft. At that point, while everyone knew the 49ers were drafting a QB, those that needed one (like the Patriots), didn't know for sure they'd get one of the top guys. The 49ers front office clearly has a bunch of yes-men, otherwise this might have been pointed out to them, as it was obvious.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
"But I still think Jimmy G is better than a lot of guys out here in the league, though. I can't say what he's going to do, but he's a winner. He's been to the NFC Championship twice. He's been to the Super Bowl. You look at his record when he was with the 49ers—he's a winner. Every time he's on the field, they have success."

Gore

Everyone around him says it about Jimmy except for our bottom of the barrell spoiled fanbase.

So now it's down to insulting the fan base because the ENTIRE LEAGUE agrees Jimmy's value is 💩? Classy.

It's not that simple. This is about leverage. The 49ers have very little because they drafted Trey Lance. Jimmy's trade value peaked just before the draft. At that point, while everyone knew the 49ers were drafting a QB, those that needed one (like the Patriots), didn't know for sure they'd get one of the top guys. The 49ers front office clearly has a bunch of yes-men, otherwise this might have been pointed out to them, as it was obvious.

I think keeping Jimmy was alway the plan for '21 (I totally disagree). Shanahan wanted Lance, but they needed a stop-gap and Jimmy was that, plus gives you (++) for winning games and general professionalism.

They were planning on trading him this offseason. But the surgery rocked the boat. I wonder if the FO is trying to get back at Jimmy or if they're waiting til just before his salary is guaranteed to cut him. And it the meantime, try and trade him, but there doesn't appear to be any teams interested. Maybe someone gets injured and Lynch/Shanahan will breathe a sigh of relief when they can trade him for value. More likely he'll get cut. He might re-sign with us, but I doubt it.
Share 49ersWebzone