There are 186 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

• NDSU
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for NDSU.
Use real parmesan, not that junk in a green can or plastic container. Get a wedge.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I mean honestly the best pizza is the pizza you make.

Make some poolish. Let it sit overnight. Mix in some water, a little salt, then flour. Mix/knead, then make a big ball. Let it rise an hour. Then cut into smaller pieces and make balls. Let sit two hours (oven preheat to full blast after one hour). Stretch and cook. Mmmmmmmm so good.

Sauce: just some peeled tomatoes (hand crushed), maybe some olive oil, a pinch of salt. If you're from New York, maybe some oregano and sugar.

If your oven only gets to 550 F, put the sauce on the dough on your peel (a necessary tool), then slip it into the oven for three minutes or so. Pull it out, then put some shredded parmesan, Then some fresh mozzarella if you got it. If not, cut a block of it into little squares (so it cooks evenly). Cook it for a couple more minutes, making sure the cheese doesn't burn. Then, slap on some fresh basil (this is non-negotiable), and Ecco! Pizza deliziosa!
aint nobody got time for that

True, it takes a day this way. But it's so good... And the truth is, it's only about 25 minutes of actual labor. 10 if you have a mixer. Most of the effort is in the long wait.
HOWEVER, there IS a short cut: use fast rise yeast for your poolish (which is just a 1:1 mixture of flour and water, with some yeast and a pinch of salt). Let the poolish sit for about an hour and half or two hours, then do the rest. You'll get delicious pizza in about three hours. That's only about two or three times as long as a delivery service, to be honest.
just go to Trader joes or an intalian supermarket and get the dough from the deli, boom !

Make some poolish. Let it sit overnight. Mix in some water, a little salt, then flour. Mix/knead, then make a big ball. Let it rise an hour. Then cut into smaller pieces and make balls. Let sit two hours (oven preheat to full blast after one hour). Stretch and cook. Mmmmmmmm so good.

Sauce: just some peeled tomatoes (hand crushed), maybe some olive oil, a pinch of salt. If you're from New York, maybe some oregano and sugar.

If your oven only gets to 550 F, put the sauce on the dough on your peel (a necessary tool), then slip it into the oven for three minutes or so. Pull it out, then put some shredded parmesan, Then some fresh mozzarella if you got it. If not, cut a block of it into little squares (so it cooks evenly). Cook it for a couple more minutes, making sure the cheese doesn't burn. Then, slap on some fresh basil (this is non-negotiable), and Ecco! Pizza deliziosa!

True, it takes a day this way. But it's so good... And the truth is, it's only about 25 minutes of actual labor. 10 if you have a mixer. Most of the effort is in the long wait.
HOWEVER, there IS a short cut: use fast rise yeast for your poolish (which is just a 1:1 mixture of flour and water, with some yeast and a pinch of salt). Let the poolish sit for about an hour and half or two hours, then do the rest. You'll get delicious pizza in about three hours. That's only about two or three times as long as a delivery service, to be honest.
just go to Trader joes or an intalian supermarket and get the dough from the deli, boom !

Oh my, they make pre-made, uncooked dough? Nice.
Originally posted by NDSU:
Use real parmesan, not that junk in a green can or plastic container. Get a wedge.

The direction this thread has taken warms the heart of JGs Italian granny

TJ has some premade dough in bags. The Italian place makes it from scratch

if i know i'm going to make it over the weekend we like to make it from scratch.. but we do Chicago style if we make the dough from scratch

TJ has some premade dough in bags. The Italian place makes it from scratch

if i know i'm going to make it over the weekend we like to make it from scratch.. but we do Chicago style if we make the dough from scratch

Getting hungrier...

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/729faaa8-a8c6-4f9b-a03e-d9aa73b1bf7b
No way- the pre-dough is cool and what I would do, hell I wouldn't do that either as I can barely boil water but I tell you what, I love pizza and my dad when alive made the best I have ever tasted NY or otherwise. But the dough of course was his dough. In the bowl and you could see it rising throughout the day. His sauce. I don't how he did it and it was always and only sausage and mushroom.

A ton of mozz he would grate from the ball. And by the way CHEESE on top not under the toppings. Get a slight golden brown to the cheese. Seeing the toppings on top is for Round Table so you can see all that stuff you paid for. It goes UNDER the cheese.

I am really not saying this because he was my dad but my god is was the best pizza I have ever had. I live in CA and then he was east coast but he knew when I was flying out for a visit, the first night no go out to eat. No nothing. I expected pizza.

I sure wish I had of recorded start to finish. I just have no idea of all steps ingredients.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Apr 7, 2022 at 11:24 AM ]
Just want to say how much I love this fan base sometimes. This conversation was started by talking about trading hot pockets for Jimmy G and here we are.

It's hilarious how Jimmy bashers don't even realize Jimmy has played his last down in the NFL. No team will even sign him as a backup. The combination of the stigma against him and the attitude of NFL scouts, front offices, and coaches that arm strength is the most important part of playing the QB position, means teams actually view C.J. Beathard, Nick Mullens, and Brian Hoyer as more valuable than Jimmy.

If Nate Sudfield were cut at the same time as Jimmy, he would receive more interest from other teams than Jimmy. I'm not exaggerating. That's just the nature of things when a media and certain fans with an agenda create the narrative that Jimmy single-handedly prevented the 49ers from going undefeated the last 5 years and is the worst QB who ever lived, and in reality, while Jimmy is actually a good QB, he does have one of the weakest arms in pro football and is the worst deep passer since Steve Young.

So it makes no sense for Jimmy bashers to use the NFL's opinion of Jimmy as an argument for Jimmy's ability. Unless you agree that Jimmy is worse than Beathard, Mullens, Hoyer, and Sudfield, which I'm pretty sure you don't, you're being hypocritical in using them as some kind of objective analysis of his performance.
[ Edited by DeepBallDoesntMatter on Apr 7, 2022 at 11:31 AM ]

With that name you figure he'd be a JG backer
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Didn't waste my time reading it.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I blame you. You printed a good WZ appreciation post and look what happened

I blame you. You printed a good WZ appreciation post and look what happened

It was ironic

It's the Steve young guy again with another alt lol. This time saying Jimmy isn't popular league because of fan narrative.
Share 49ersWebzone