There are 93 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

What are you guys going to say when nobody signs Jimmy? Are you just going to ignore that QBs we KNOW Jimmy is better than are on rosters?
Originally posted by DeepBallDoesntMatter:
What are you guys going to say when nobody signs Jimmy? Are you just going to ignore that QBs we KNOW Jimmy is better than are on rosters?

I don't care
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
I mean honestly the best pizza is the pizza you make.

Make some poolish. Let it sit overnight. Mix in some water, a little salt, then flour. Mix/knead, then make a big ball. Let it rise an hour. Then cut into smaller pieces and make balls. Let sit two hours (oven preheat to full blast after one hour). Stretch and cook. Mmmmmmmm so good.

Sauce: just some peeled tomatoes (hand crushed), maybe some olive oil, a pinch of salt. If you're from New York, maybe some oregano and sugar.

If your oven only gets to 550 F, put the sauce on the dough on your peel (a necessary tool), then slip it into the oven for three minutes or so. Pull it out, then put some shredded parmesan, Then some fresh mozzarella if you got it. If not, cut a block of it into little squares (so it cooks evenly). Cook it for a couple more minutes, making sure the cheese doesn't burn. Then, slap on some fresh basil (this is non-negotiable), and Ecco! Pizza deliziosa!
aint nobody got time for that

100%. My kids would rather have my homemade pizza than any pizza available to order.

As for time. The most time consuming part is making the dough balls. You can make a large batch of dough, divide it into dough balls and freeze for future use.
Originally posted by DeepBallDoesntMatter:
It's hilarious how Jimmy bashers don't even realize Jimmy has played his last down in the NFL.
I find that extremely hard to believe. He's better than half the starters in the league.
No team will even sign him as a backup. The combination of the stigma against him and the attitude of NFL scouts, front offices, and coaches that arm strength is the most important part of pl

playing the QB position, means teams actually view C.J. Beathard, Nick Mullens, and Brian Hoyer as more valuable than Jimmy.

If Nate Sudfield were cut at the same time as Jimmy, he would receive more interest from other teams than Jimmy. I'm not exaggerating. That's just the nature of things when a media and certain fans with an agenda create the narrative that Jimmy single-handedly prevented the 49ers from going undefeated the last 5 years and is the worst QB who ever lived, and in reality, while Jimmy is actually a good QB, he does have one of the weakest arms in pro football and is the worst deep passer since Steve Young.
Steve Young was an excellent deep passer. Very accurate at all levels of the field.

So it makes no sense for Jimmy bashers to use the NFL's opinion of Jimmy as an argument for Jimmy's ability. Unless you agree that Jimmy is worse than Beathard, Mullens, Hoyer, and Sudfield, which I'm pretty sure you don't, you're being hypocritical in using them as some kind of objective analysis of his performance.

Jimmy's physical ability is better than at least Mullens and Hoyer. Andhis accuracy is better than all of them by a mile. So yeah, this is nuts. Jimmy will get a job, and if he's not still on the 49ers, he'll get one THIS season most likely. And if he doesn't, it's mainly the injury and bad luck. He's a decent QB and will have many more years left as a starter.

EDIT -- sumbich I've been had again. Le sigh.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Apr 7, 2022 at 12:37 PM ]
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
I mean honestly the best pizza is the pizza you make.

Make some poolish. Let it sit overnight. Mix in some water, a little salt, then flour. Mix/knead, then make a big ball. Let it rise an hour. Then cut into smaller pieces and make balls. Let sit two hours (oven preheat to full blast after one hour). Stretch and cook. Mmmmmmmm so good.

Sauce: just some peeled tomatoes (hand crushed), maybe some olive oil, a pinch of salt. If you're from New York, maybe some oregano and sugar.

If your oven only gets to 550 F, put the sauce on the dough on your peel (a necessary tool), then slip it into the oven for three minutes or so. Pull it out, then put some shredded parmesan, Then some fresh mozzarella if you got it. If not, cut a block of it into little squares (so it cooks evenly). Cook it for a couple more minutes, making sure the cheese doesn't burn. Then, slap on some fresh basil (this is non-negotiable), and Ecco! Pizza deliziosa!
aint nobody got time for that

100%. My kids would rather have my homemade pizza than any pizza available to order.

As for time. The most time consuming part is making the dough balls. You can make a large batch of dough, divide it into dough balls and freeze for future use.

That is among the best strategies. I tend to make a few at a time and just let them cold ferment in the fridge. As long as it gets eaten by day four or five, it's still good. More flavor by a day or two, usually. Gets kind of sourdough by the end. Still great though.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Apr 7, 2022 at 12:36 PM ]
00 flour. Must use. And for stretching the dough, I use a little semolina so that it's workable. I prefer cornmeal for the peel, but I use the semolina sometimes too. I used to put some garlic butter on the crust, but since I usually make pizza napoletana, I like the crust to remain sauft and craunchy, so I've started just using garlic butter for dipping, rather than directly to the crust. Sometimes I'll put some parmesan on the crust too. Mmmmmmm
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Apr 7, 2022 at 12:39 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
With that name you figure he'd be a JG backer

I would think most fans would back their QB and root for them.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Just want to say how much I love this fan base sometimes. This conversation was started by talking about trading hot pockets for Jimmy G and here we are.

Oh god Deebo gonna get traded before Jimmy huh.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Just want to say how much I love this fan base sometimes. This conversation was started by talking about trading hot pockets for Jimmy G and here we are.

I said sometimes.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

and also...

Derp
Originally posted by nobody49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by nobody49:
forgive if this has already been suggested (been out of pocket lately) but it seems clear to me the only way to get rid of Jimmy is to package him with another player. Someone who would earn at least a first rounder plus. Someone at their peak, just like Buckner. Obviously, I would prefer to keep him, just like I did with Buckner, but hey it's a business. Say goodbye to Deebo.

Or just cut him and not trade a franchise player...what are we even talking about?
Here was my thinking:
1. Precedent has been established and that was with a more valuable player (in my opinion, I value d-line over wr).
2. This year's draft is loaded with receivers.
3. I keep hearing on tv that the trend of rookie receivers who start and star is not a passing fad. It makes sense with college ball throwing more (not fact checked, just opinion).
4. This year's draft seems very deep on second day, all we have is a glorified third (61 does not impress as a second).
5. I don't believe the FO will fork over the money for both Deebo and Brandon A. That decision looms next year.
6. Cap issues go away and we can take advantage of value FAs.
7. There is a market for top end receivers to be traded. I believe there are teams who lost out on Adams and Hill who would pay a lot.
8. Getting a qb and wr combo that know each other and have thrived (at least as much as Jimmy can lol) is intriguing.
Doubling down, bring the hate! Deebo is gone!!! lol

Cap space is more important than winning.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

finally that is the domino. if we dump deebo. then that opens up things for us to trade jimmy
Share 49ersWebzone