There are 91 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Just want to say how much I love this fan base sometimes. This conversation was started by talking about trading hot pockets for Jimmy G and here we are.

If we can't get the Hot Pockets for him then maybe ShannaLynch would settle for...

...not even a whole box, but just one pack
Originally posted by nobody49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
forgive if this has already been suggested (been out of pocket lately) but it seems clear to me the only way to get rid of Jimmy is to package him with another player. Someone who would earn at least a first rounder plus. Someone at their peak, just like Buckner. Obviously, I would prefer to keep him, just like I did with Buckner, but hey it's a business. Say goodbye to Deebo.

Or just cut him and not trade a franchise player...what are we even talking about?
Here was my thinking:
1. Precedent has been established and that was with a more valuable player (in my opinion, I value d-line over wr).
2. This year's draft is loaded with receivers.
3. I keep hearing on tv that the trend of rookie receivers who start and star is not a passing fad. It makes sense with college ball throwing more (not fact checked, just opinion).
4. This year's draft seems very deep on second day, all we have is a glorified third (61 does not impress as a second).
5. I don't believe the FO will fork over the money for both Deebo and Brandon A. That decision looms next year.
6. Cap issues go away and we can take advantage of value FAs.
7. There is a market for top end receivers to be traded. I believe there are teams who lost out on Adams and Hill who would pay a lot.
8. Getting a qb and wr combo that know each other and have thrived (at least as much as Jimmy can lol) is intriguing.
Doubling down, bring the hate! Deebo is gone!!! lol

WR is definitely more valuable than DT. If that was a DE, then yeah.

Now, Watson with Lance would be good, sure. But Watson can't step into the role that Deebo did, which allowed Shanahan to get closer to that "no position offense" he's spoken of before.
  • NDSU
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
WR is definitely more valuable than DT. If that was a DE, then yeah.

Now, Watson with Lance would be good, sure. But Watson can't step into the role that Deebo did, which allowed Shanahan to get closer to that "no position offense" he's spoken of before.
Watson is decent, but not all that and a bag of chips.
I dont want him on the team. Lance being young, I think he would develop a tendency to always look for Watson instead of his best read.
Watson did have some issues with dropping balls, but he "seems" to have gotten better about that.
Hard to say, just a best guess.

We would have to use our best pick (#61) to even have a shot at Watson. Some mocks have him gone by then.
If he is around after pick 61, he will surely by gone by our next pick (93).
No sense in really discussing Watson.
Very sad about Haskins.

Now, back to regularly scheduled programming, What does that do to JG trade possibility?

Before the trolls descend, don't tell me you didn't think about it!😂
Originally posted by mojave45:
Very sad about Haskins.

Now, back to regularly scheduled programming, What does that do to JG trade possibility?

Nothing, Haskins was a Steeler. Not on the market.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Wasn't he in the running for Steelers QB1?
Very sad about Haskins.

Is Jimmy a candidate for an arm transplant from him?
[ Edited by NotAFinga42 on Apr 9, 2022 at 9:13 AM ]

Wasn't he in the running for Steelers QB1?

No clue but I doubt it.
No clue but I doubt it.

You are right, I was thinking he was competing against Rudolph, but forgot they signed Trubisky
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Oh god Deebo gonna get traded before Jimmy huh.

and also...

No way they trade Deebo, how does that help Trey Lance in anyway??

Originally posted by Kolohe:

and also...

He's under contract this year. We could tag him next year, but this current coach GM team signs long term deals to our foundational players. Kittle, Trent.
Deebo and Bosa will be next. I don't think Jimmys contract matters now, unless Deebos agent thinks purging Jimmy this year allows for a contract extension this year with a signing bonus going this year.

i just looked up his agent (s) and both Deebo and Bosa are part of CAA.
Would the Niners be willing to trade Jimmy for a 2022 pick swap into the top of the 2nd, and maybe a conditional pick next year?

Would you do that trade if they had to cover part of his salary?
One slice of salami
There is always the possibility that some team looking for a QB might make a move on draft day if one of the players they targeted in the draft isn't there when they pick. In that case I could see a team trading for Jimmy and our 2nd rounder so the Niners could move up to the first round. Maybe the Niners get a 5th rounder as well. It's not likely but it could happen.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

and also...

He's under contract this year. We could tag him next year, but this current coach GM team signs long term deals to our foundational players. Kittle, Trent.
Deebo and Bosa will be next. I don't think Jimmys contract matters now, unless Deebos agent thinks purging Jimmy this year allows for a contract extension this year with a signing bonus going this year.

i just looked up his agent (s) and both Deebo and Bosa are part of CAA.

Yah I have no doubt a deal will be done before this season is up or before next March. But if anyone could get back the 9ers two 1st round picks it would be Deebo. lol
Share 49ersWebzone