There are 140 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by JMC52:
We will get a 2nd with conditional first

Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'd say a 2nd and 3rd round picks should do it.

Originally posted by TyCore:
Plenty of people overpay/overreach for QBs.

I could see netting a 2nd.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
2nd, conditional 1st.

People need to only look at the market for QBs over the last 10 years. People pay a premium. Had Jimmy actually made it all 17 weeks healthy a playoff appearance we are talking a first.

He has won, a lot, and people can argue how much he influences the winning, but wins are wins. Add in the current rookie class of QBs coming and that should solidify the 2nd. The 2nd is high enough to be fair value including his injury history, but a team had draft capital to take a QB so they aren't burned when Jimmy likely goes down to injury.

I've mentioned before other teams that should be inquiring. The Giants, WFT, Carolina, maybe Dolphins, Broncos, Steelers, and maybe Texans should all be considering it. There aren't 5 first round quarterbacks available. If you are a team that needs a steady signal caller, Jimmy is the move. Particularly if the defense and run game in place.

Originally posted by okdkid:
They'll get a 2.

Some of y'all forget how desperate teams are for even mediocre QB play. Don't let your fan emotions cloud your reason. Even mediocre QBs can get a decent return. Yes, even with $25m owed.

Originally posted by alwayssecond:
A 2nd rounder

he is a 100 rating qb with good accuracy who cannot win games by himself and who makes terrible mistakes in the most important games

Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
I really don't think a late first is off the table.

Only 32 of these jobs on the planet, people!

More likely a conditional 2nd or 3rd (that can go up) along with a 4th or 5th.

People thinking only a 3rd or 4th are ABSURD.

Originally posted by 49Fever:
Looking at the panthers game vs saints : wow Darnold sucks (against a pretty good defense)
this team is going nowhere with him or Cam
they will try hard to have a QB
if they dont want to pay the king's ransom on watson i think we can at least have #1 from them for JG

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
This thread is fun to reread for so many reasons LOL

Sure in hindsight

Oh there are definitely posters who were pretty spot on since this thread's inception.

685 people voted in the thread that Jimmy would be worth a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick. LMAOOOOOOO
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Jul 21, 2022 at 2:08 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I'm hoping for a conditional 7th and the condition is in no way tied to his health.. none of this x amount of snaps or starts nonsense..

What a difference a few months make with you. My man.

Getting CMC, Burns and multiple ones out of this may have been a bit unrealistic

I blame Martellus Bennett
I'm hoping for a conditional 7th and the condition is in no way tied to his health.. none of this x amount of snaps or starts nonsense..

What a difference a few months make with you. My man.

Getting CMC, Burns and multiple ones out of this may have been a bit unrealistic

I blame Martellus Bennett

Blame it on the A-A-A-Alcohol
Are NY Giants in play? New coaching staff.. getting their first look at Daniel Jones.. who frankly sucks, right? He ain't it. They may start Tyrod week 1. Feel JG fits here.. just need to do something about the contract..

Only QB under contract for NYG in 2023 is Taylor.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by JMC52:
We will get a 2nd with conditional first

Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'd say a 2nd and 3rd round picks should do it.

Originally posted by TyCore:
Plenty of people overpay/overreach for QBs.

I could see netting a 2nd.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
2nd, conditional 1st.

People need to only look at the market for QBs over the last 10 years. People pay a premium. Had Jimmy actually made it all 17 weeks healthy a playoff appearance we are talking a first.

He has won, a lot, and people can argue how much he influences the winning, but wins are wins. Add in the current rookie class of QBs coming and that should solidify the 2nd. The 2nd is high enough to be fair value including his injury history, but a team had draft capital to take a QB so they aren't burned when Jimmy likely goes down to injury.

I've mentioned before other teams that should be inquiring. The Giants, WFT, Carolina, maybe Dolphins, Broncos, Steelers, and maybe Texans should all be considering it. There aren't 5 first round quarterbacks available. If you are a team that needs a steady signal caller, Jimmy is the move. Particularly if the defense and run game in place.

Originally posted by okdkid:
They'll get a 2.

Some of y'all forget how desperate teams are for even mediocre QB play. Don't let your fan emotions cloud your reason. Even mediocre QBs can get a decent return. Yes, even with $25m owed.

Originally posted by alwayssecond:
A 2nd rounder

he is a 100 rating qb with good accuracy who cannot win games by himself and who makes terrible mistakes in the most important games

Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
I really don't think a late first is off the table.

Only 32 of these jobs on the planet, people!

More likely a conditional 2nd or 3rd (that can go up) along with a 4th or 5th.

People thinking only a 3rd or 4th are ABSURD.

Originally posted by 49Fever:
Looking at the panthers game vs saints : wow Darnold sucks (against a pretty good defense)
this team is going nowhere with him or Cam
they will try hard to have a QB
if they dont want to pay the king's ransom on watson i think we can at least have #1 from them for JG

This thread was created, disappeared and then came back and we still don't know the answer
Originally posted by 49ers808:
This thread was created, disappeared and then came back and we still don't know the answer

I knew the answer a long time ago.
How many threads does this guy actually have?
Originally posted by Sickaa:

It's easy to remember the ones that did cause we were few brother 😂

It's easy to remember the ones that did cause we were few brother 😂

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/195678-what-jimmys-trade-value-offseason/page18/

As many as he has rings.

Not enough
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
This thread is fun to reread for so many reasons LOL

Sure in hindsight

Oh there are definitely posters who were pretty spot on since this thread's inception.

685 people voted in the thread that Jimmy would be worth a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick. LMAOOOOOOO

I for sure thought he'd net them a 3rd, possibly a 2nd prior to the surgery. Whether that would have actually come to fruition, who knows lol
Fans often place more trtade value on their own players than other teams. The exception is when players leave as free agents. Then teams tends to overpay.
Share 49ersWebzone