Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 176 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

I'd be elated if we could get a 5th or even more so if we could get a quality Oline guy in a trade.
What happened to the OG 8,000+ pages Jimmy thread
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

Moved to the NFL board.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

Moved to the NFL board.

Noice! Turned the page, have we
Interesting that the Giants now have the best odds to land Jimmy.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Interesting that the Giants now have the best odds to land Jimmy.

Jones, Taylor, and Jimmy G?

Wouldn't mind having Taylor as a #2 behind Trey...
Well it's just confirmed from Kyle Shanahan himself and I quote " There was gonna be a trade and then there was a surgery"

So for all of you, and you know who you are, that were trying to make it sound like other teams wanted other quarterbacks like Mitch T or Mariota or even Carson Wentz you were dead wrong. Sorry. Time to man up and admit you're wrong instead of arguing page after page how Jimmy isn't worth that much or his contract wasn't tradable or worth that much. Well guess what, you are wrong. It's just good to know after all this time that a lot of us were right and a lot of you trying to minimize Jimmy Garoppolo's value were wrong.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Well it's just confirmed from Kyle Shanahan himself and I quote " There was gonna be a trade and then there was a surgery"

So for all of you, and you know who you are, that were trying to make it sound like other teams wanted other quarterbacks like Mitch T or Mariota or even Carson Wentz you were dead wrong. Sorry. Time to man up and admit you're wrong instead of arguing page after page how Jimmy isn't worth that much or his contract wasn't tradable or worth that much. Well guess what, you are wrong. It's just good to know after all this time that a lot of us were right and a lot of you trying to minimize Jimmy Garoppolo's value were wrong.

This isn't a new revelation, man. He said the same thing before. Also don't think many people would argue Mariota, or Trubisky are more valuable QBs than Jimmy... maybe Wentz.

Matt Ryan went for what a 4th? To expect more than that for Jimmy G would be a bit crazy.

That big helmet Steve guy may not come back. He's been looking for validation for months. This flips it 180-degrees back.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
Looks like it was that fake account!

Why would the Giants give up two 2nds when one 4th would easily get the job done? Forget that it was a fake account, logically that trade makes zero sense.

"You gonna learn today!"

Edit: NSFW
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 27, 2022 at 6:15 PM ]

This isn't a new revelation, man. He said the same thing before. Also don't think many people would argue Mariota, or Trubisky are more valuable QBs than Jimmy... maybe Wentz.

Matt Ryan went for what a 4th? To expect more than that for Jimmy G would be a bit crazy.
It is kind of a revelation because you would not believe how many people stuck to their guns saying….. see he's not worth anything, nobody wants him, they'd rather have those quarterbacks over him etc. etc. when that wasn't true at all. To this day if you looked in the Jimmy Garopp thread people will still argue that.

I just find it hilarious that's all. I'd rather take Shanahan's word for it and a lot of common sense instead of some of these people that think they know better. You could tell Shanahan was a little pissed that's why he said there's no ill will or hard feelings it's just what it is about the surgery. It definitely tanked the trade. No other reason, not other players, not his value, not his contract, nothing except the surgery.

At this point I don't care what compensation we get just as long as we don't have to pay part of his salary. I'm sure he will take a reduction or pay cut to start with another team. I don't want to give any money when we can roll it over to next year to extend somebody like Moseley or Brandon Aiyuk or even sign a player like JC Tretter
[ Edited by elguapo on Jul 27, 2022 at 6:59 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Too soon to move the Jimmy thread.

It is kind of a revelation because you would not believe how many people stuck to their guns saying….. see he's not worth anything, nobody wants him, they'd rather have those quarterbacks over him etc. etc. when that wasn't true at all. To this day if you looked in the Jimmy Garopp thread people will still argue that.

I just find it hilarious that's all. I'd rather take Shanahan's word for it and a lot of common sense instead of some of these people that think they know better. You could tell Shanahan was a little pissed that's why he said there's no ill will or hard feelings it's just what it is about the surgery. It definitely tanked the trade. No other reason, not other players, not his value, not his contract, nothing except the surgery.

At this point I don't care what compensation we get just as long as we don't have to pay part of his salary. I'm sure he will take a reduction or pay cut to start with another team. I don't want to give any money when we can roll it over to next year to extend somebody like Moseley or Brandon Aiyuk or even sign a player like JC Tretter

If all that's true then Jimmy G should still be an option for those teams. IF they wanted Jimmy then Mitch and Marcus and the contracts they got aren't going to be a deterrent. Matter of fact both those guys got good backup money not starter money, so we will see if there really was interest.
[ Edited by WINiner on Jul 27, 2022 at 9:34 PM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
If all that's true then Jimmy G should still be an option for those teams. IF they wanted Jimmy then Mitch and Marcus and the contracts they got aren't going to be a deterrent. Matter of fact both those guys got good backup money not starter money, so we will see if there really was interest.

LOL you can't be serious. Teams filled those vacancies through FA, Trades and the draft and NOW the difference between Jimmy G and Mariota or Mitch might be not great enough to invest more salary cap. The Steelers have 14 mil and the Falcons have 12 million so good backup money has already taken up a lot of space and Jimmy G may require at least 10-15 million and leave those teams with nothing. If they hadn't signed those qbs they would certainly have enough money now. That doesn't prove anything if those teams are NO LONGER interested AFTER he had surgery and have filled that need. Horrible point

Like I said, I trust our Coach and GM who knew for a fact there was a trade happening then internet fans that form there own faulty opinions based on nothing
[ Edited by elguapo on Jul 28, 2022 at 1:03 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:

LOL you can't be serious. Teams filled those vacancies through FA, Trades and the draft and NOW the difference between Jimmy G and Mariota or Mitch might be not great enough to invest more salary cap. The Steelers have 14 mil and the Falcons have 12 million so good backup money has already taken up a lot of space and Jimmy G may require at least 10-15 million and leave those teams with nothing. If they hadn't signed those qbs they would certainly have enough money now. That doesn't prove anything if those teams are NO LONGER interested AFTER he had surgery and have filled that need. Horrible point

Like I said, I trust our Coach and GM who knew for a fact there was a trade happening then internet fans that form there own faulty opinions based on nothing

Agree, guap.
Share 49ersWebzone