Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 171 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by WINiner:
If all that's true then Jimmy G should still be an option for those teams. IF they wanted Jimmy then Mitch and Marcus and the contracts they got aren't going to be a deterrent. Matter of fact both those guys got good backup money not starter money, so we will see if there really was interest.

LOL you can't be serious. Teams filled those vacancies through FA, Trades and the draft and NOW the difference between Jimmy G and Mariota or Mitch might be not great enough to invest more salary cap. The Steelers have 14 mil and the Falcons have 12 million so good backup money has already taken up a lot of space and Jimmy G may require at least 10-15 million and leave those teams with nothing. If they hadn't signed those qbs they would certainly have enough money now. That doesn't prove anything if those teams are NO LONGER interested AFTER he had surgery and have filled that need. Horrible point

Like I said, I trust our Coach and GM who knew for a fact there was a trade happening then internet fans that form there own faulty opinions based on nothing

Agree, guap.

I thought it was kinda common sense and even more so after what Shanahan said in his press conference. Facts don't care about peoples opinions Now drop and give me 50!!!!!!

So glad the Jimmy drama is finally coming to an end. 25 million to roll over. I think we should use it to extend Bosa Moesley and Aiyuk next year. Or just get Trey JC Tretter right away, a center who is great in pass pro
[ Edited by elguapo on Jul 28, 2022 at 1:16 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by WINiner:
If all that's true then Jimmy G should still be an option for those teams. IF they wanted Jimmy then Mitch and Marcus and the contracts they got aren't going to be a deterrent. Matter of fact both those guys got good backup money not starter money, so we will see if there really was interest.

LOL you can't be serious. Teams filled those vacancies through FA, Trades and the draft and NOW the difference between Jimmy G and Mariota or Mitch might be not great enough to invest more salary cap. The Steelers have 14 mil and the Falcons have 12 million so good backup money has already taken up a lot of space and Jimmy G may require at least 10-15 million and leave those teams with nothing. If they hadn't signed those qbs they would certainly have enough money now. That doesn't prove anything if those teams are NO LONGER interested AFTER he had surgery and have filled that need. Horrible point

Like I said, I trust our Coach and GM who knew for a fact there was a trade happening then internet fans that form there own faulty opinions based on nothing

Agree, guap.

I thought it was kinda common sense and even more so after what Shanahan said in his press conference. Facts don't care about peoples opinions Now drop and give me 50!!!!!!

So glad the Jimmy drama is finally coming to an end. 25 million to roll over. I think we should use it to extend Bosa Moesley and Aiyuk next year. Or just get Trey JC Tretter right away, a center who is great in pass pro

Yes sir, good to see the drama finally coming to an end. Go, Niners!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Well it's just confirmed from Kyle Shanahan himself and I quote " There was gonna be a trade and then there was a surgery"

So for all of you, and you know who you are, that were trying to make it sound like other teams wanted other quarterbacks like Mitch T or Mariota or even Carson Wentz you were dead wrong. Sorry. Time to man up and admit you're wrong instead of arguing page after page how Jimmy isn't worth that much or his contract wasn't tradable or worth that much. Well guess what, you are wrong. It's just good to know after all this time that a lot of us were right and a lot of you trying to minimize Jimmy Garoppolo's value were wrong.

That big helmet Steve guy may not come back. He's been looking for validation for months. This flips it 180-degrees back.

Ridiculous post. From the very start, I have said there are a TON of things that prevented Jimmy from having a market.

As far as the current injury is concerned, I posted many times something along these lines: "if Jimmy was a better QB, a 3 month injury where he was expected to make a full recovery, wouldn't matter in the slightest bit...and teams would trade for him injury or not."

Go ahead and gravedig my posts. That's exactly what I was saying.

And I haven't been "looking for validation" for months. The NFL has already validated what I said. That injury history, salary, trade cost, franchise direction and other factors all play more of a role than "is Jimmy better than our current QB?"
Matt Maiocco on his pod says he believes Jimmy would like to play in Miami.
Elguapo is like Vecna right now coming for blood and holding people accountable.

I too believe he woulda went for a 2nd at most and 3rd at least.

It will all be over soon.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Silky:
Elguapo is like Vecna right now coming for blood and holding people accountable.

I too believe he woulda went for a 2nd at most and 3rd at least.

It will all be over soon.

when will when be then? soon
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Well it's just confirmed from Kyle Shanahan himself and I quote " There was gonna be a trade and then there was a surgery"

So for all of you, and you know who you are, that were trying to make it sound like other teams wanted other quarterbacks like Mitch T or Mariota or even Carson Wentz you were dead wrong. Sorry. Time to man up and admit you're wrong instead of arguing page after page how Jimmy isn't worth that much or his contract wasn't tradable or worth that much. Well guess what, you are wrong. It's just good to know after all this time that a lot of us were right and a lot of you trying to minimize Jimmy Garoppolo's value were wrong.

That big helmet Steve guy may not come back. He's been looking for validation for months. This flips it 180-degrees back.

Ridiculous post. From the very start, I have said there are a TON of things that prevented Jimmy from having a market.

As far as the current injury is concerned, I posted many times something along these lines: "if Jimmy was a better QB, a 3 month injury where he was expected to make a full recovery, wouldn't matter in the slightest bit...and teams would trade for him injury or not."

And I haven't been "looking for validation" for months. The NFL has already validated what I said. That injury history, salary, trade cost, franchise direction and other factors all play more of a role than "is Jimmy better than our current QB?"

All of this. Crazy how some people don't get it.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

All of this. Crazy how some people don't get it.

They don't "get it" because they want to gobble up any excuse that doesn't make them look bad for saying Jimmy was so great all year.
I don't think we will get anything except his cap figure back. I'm ok with it. Wish him the best.

I don't get how people can just dismiss Shanahan and Lynch like they're big fat liars. They said he would have been traded sans injury. I'd rather believe them than some forum posters.

If you are a Falcons fan, do you honestly think Marriott is better than Jimmy? Jimmy has proven grit in this league. Money wouldn't have been a factor. Same as Mitch. The injury f*cked up Kyle and Lynchs master plan which was coming to fruition. Then that shoulder sh*t happened and it even threw them for a loop which rarely happens.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
It's not so much is Mariota better than Jimmy, but Garoppolo is not $20+ million better. Alas, he'll be taking a pay cut with his new team for this year once he's released.
I don't get how people can just dismiss Shanahan and Lynch like they're big fat liars. They said he would have been traded sans injury. I'd rather believe them than some forum posters.

If you are a Falcons fan, do you honestly think Marriott is better than Jimmy? Jimmy has proven grit in this league. Money wouldn't have been a factor. Same as Mitch. The injury f*cked up Kyle and Lynchs master plan which was coming to fruition. Then that shoulder sh*t happened and it even threw them for a loop which rarely happens.

I dont get how people can just dismiss how there are a plethora of other things for GMs/Teams to consider other than "is this guy better than our guy?" Literally blows my mind that people still cannot understand this.

I dont get how people can just dismiss how there are a plethora of other things for GMs/Teams to consider other than "is this guy better than our guy?" Literally blows my mind that people still cannot understand this.

Talent is all coaches and GMs want end of the day.
Originally posted by FL9er:
It's not so much is Mariota better than Jimmy, but Garoppolo is not $20+ million better. Alas, he'll be taking a pay cut with his new team for this year once he's released.

Yea his contract getting renegotiated was always a thing. So was money really a factor anyway? Help me understand
[ Edited by Silky on Jul 28, 2022 at 9:23 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone