Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 206 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by Silky:
I don't get how people can just dismiss Shanahan and Lynch like they're big fat liars. They said he would have been traded sans injury. I'd rather believe them than some forum posters.

If you are a Falcons fan, do you honestly think Marriott is better than Jimmy? Jimmy has proven grit in this league. Money wouldn't have been a factor. Same as Mitch. The injury f*cked up Kyle and Lynchs master plan which was coming to fruition. Then that shoulder sh*t happened and it even threw them for a loop which rarely happens.

The injury really screwed us big time. He would have been traded with a reworked deal otherwise. He was trending well until the Titans game and the injury.. then more injuries.. then surgery..

Is what it is I guess
Nothing I like more than a good dose of ANGRY GUAP!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Matt Maiocco on his pod says he believes Jimmy would like to play in Miami.

That makes perfect sense Tbh
Originally posted by Sickaa:

Not sure why they went out and got Teddy B.. could have had JG.. what's the point of getting our guys hired around the league if they won't bail us out..
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Sickaa:

Not sure why they went out and got Teddy B.. could have had JG.. what's the point of getting our guys hired around the league if they won't bail us out..

Probably waiting on his release so they could get him for free, kinda like how they pounced on Mostert once he was released.
I don't get how people can just dismiss Shanahan and Lynch like they're big fat liars. They said he would have been traded sans injury. I'd rather believe them than some forum posters.

If you are a Falcons fan, do you honestly think Marriott is better than Jimmy? Jimmy has proven grit in this league. Money wouldn't have been a factor. Same as Mitch. The injury f*cked up Kyle and Lynchs master plan which was coming to fruition. Then that shoulder sh*t happened and it even threw them for a loop which rarely happens.

I live in DC, so I get to talk to people from all over the country. I also travel a bit, so I get to listen to other media markets and speak to even more people outside of the Faithful Bubble. Frankly, Jimmy isn't valued all that much outside of our fanbase. A frequent remark that I'll hear is, "Why would anyone want to trade for him? He doesn't come with Shanahan, that defense, or Deebo?"

The cap number seldom comes up. Truth is, most people think that Jimmy has been the beneficiary of his team, rather than a driver of its success.

Returning to your first point, Shanahan and Lynch courted multiple free agent QBs during Jimmy's tenure and ultimately traded a king's ransom for Lance. He's a decent fellow, but he's not as valuable as you think. Ultimately, the argument that our FO has been trying to make is this: "He wasn't good enough for us, but he'll be great for your scrub team."

Nobody is buying that, but you can't fault our FO for trying.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

I live in DC, so I get to talk to people from all over the country. I also travel a bit, so I get to listen to other media markets and speak to even more people outside of the Faithful Bubble. Frankly, Jimmy isn't valued all that much outside of our fanbase. A frequent remark that I'll hear is, "Why would anyone want to trade for him? He doesn't come with Shanahan, that defense, or Deebo?"

The cap number seldom comes up. Truth is, most people think that Jimmy has been the beneficiary of his team, rather than a driver of its success.

Returning to your first point, Shanahan and Lynch courted multiple free agent QBs during Jimmy's tenure and ultimately traded a king's ransom for Lance. He's a decent fellow, but he's not as valuable as you think. Ultimately, the argument that our FO has been trying to make is this: "He wasn't good enough for us, but he'll be great for your scrub team."

Nobody is buying that, but you can't fault our FO for trying.

The bolded is basically a super power around here.

The webzone bubble is real real
Originally posted by Waterbear:

It is real and a big reason why I seldom read this forum anymore. The way that it's designed to push all topics into a single mega-thread, rather than smaller individual discussions, just encourages years-long irrational grudge matches between people. While that's a shrewd business decision (ethics aside--getting people wound up for money? really? That's what you want to do with your life?), it makes the site largely useless as a place to efficiently find Niner's information.

Great place for soap operas, though.
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Jul 28, 2022 at 4:46 PM ]
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

It is real and a big reason why I seldom read this forum anymore. The way that it's designed to push all topics into a single mega-thread, rather than smaller individual discussions, just encourages years-long irrational grudge matches between people. While that's a shrewd business decision, it makes the site largely useless as a place to efficiently find Niner's information.

Great place for soap operas, though.
The jimmy wagon has left the zone awhile ago. Only a couple of posters missed their departure and were left behind

Definitely. It's like that on other team boards as well though.

General boards >>

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Well it's just confirmed from Kyle Shanahan himself and I quote " There was gonna be a trade and then there was a surgery"

So for all of you, and you know who you are, that were trying to make it sound like other teams wanted other quarterbacks like Mitch T or Mariota or even Carson Wentz you were dead wrong. Sorry. Time to man up and admit you're wrong instead of arguing page after page how Jimmy isn't worth that much or his contract wasn't tradable or worth that much. Well guess what, you are wrong. It's just good to know after all this time that a lot of us were right and a lot of you trying to minimize Jimmy Garoppolo's value were wrong.

That big helmet Steve guy may not come back. He's been looking for validation for months. This flips it 180-degrees back.

Ridiculous post. From the very start, I have said there are a TON of things that prevented Jimmy from having a market.

As far as the current injury is concerned, I posted many times something along these lines: "if Jimmy was a better QB, a 3 month injury where he was expected to make a full recovery, wouldn't matter in the slightest bit...and teams would trade for him injury or not."

Go ahead and gravedig my posts. That's exactly what I was saying.

And I haven't been "looking for validation" for months. The NFL has already validated what I said. That injury history, salary, trade cost, franchise direction and other factors all play more of a role than "is Jimmy better than our current QB?"

All of this. Crazy how some people don't get it.

They don't "get it" because they want to gobble up any excuse that doesn't make them look bad for saying Jimmy was so great all year.
Wrong on all counts, with all the things general managers "had to consider" he was getting traded so that blows up all of your precious theories. You guys simply don't get it and again I would rather side with reality than people in denial that they were wrong the whole time. He was getting traded, deal with it.

LOL. They just don't want to be wrong about Jimmy and they were.

The injury really screwed us big time. He would have been traded with a reworked deal otherwise. He was trending well until the Titans game and the injury.. then more injuries.. then surgery..

Is what it is I guess

Yup. Too hard for some people to grasp.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Well it's just confirmed from Kyle Shanahan himself and I quote " There was gonna be a trade and then there was a surgery"

So for all of you, and you know who you are, that were trying to make it sound like other teams wanted other quarterbacks like Mitch T or Mariota or even Carson Wentz you were dead wrong. Sorry. Time to man up and admit you're wrong instead of arguing page after page how Jimmy isn't worth that much or his contract wasn't tradable or worth that much. Well guess what, you are wrong. It's just good to know after all this time that a lot of us were right and a lot of you trying to minimize Jimmy Garoppolo's value were wrong.

That big helmet Steve guy may not come back. He's been looking for validation for months. This flips it 180-degrees back.

Ridiculous post. From the very start, I have said there are a TON of things that prevented Jimmy from having a market.

As far as the current injury is concerned, I posted many times something along these lines: "if Jimmy was a better QB, a 3 month injury where he was expected to make a full recovery, wouldn't matter in the slightest bit...and teams would trade for him injury or not."

Go ahead and gravedig my posts. That's exactly what I was saying.

And I haven't been "looking for validation" for months. The NFL has already validated what I said. That injury history, salary, trade cost, franchise direction and other factors all play more of a role than "is Jimmy better than our current QB?"

All of this. Crazy how some people don't get it.

They don't "get it" because they want to gobble up any excuse that doesn't make them look bad for saying Jimmy was so great all year.
Wrong on all counts, with all the things general managers "had to consider" he was getting traded so that blows up all of your precious theories. You guys simply don't get it and again I would rather side with reality than people in denial that they were wrong the whole time. He was getting traded, deal with it.

LOL. They just don't want to be wrong about Jimmy and they were.

Is what it is I guess

Yup. Too hard for some people to grasp.

Bro what? "He was getting traded" that's your best argument?

WTF are you talking about.

Bro what did you say? WTF are you smoking? Pass me some of that 😂🤣It is the best argument you know why, because Kyle Shanahan said it was happening. How dense does anyone have to be to believe they would lie about something like that before his injury. Bottom line, you guys are wrong it's cool. Admit it

Well then I guess since we're not dealing with reality and what the front office says, I guess Deebo Samuel isn't holding out, Mike McGlinchey Jason Verrett and Kinlaw aren't coming back from injury either
[ Edited by elguapo on Jul 28, 2022 at 5:06 PM ]

Bro what did you say? WTF are you smoking? Pass me some of that 😂🤣It is the best argument you know why, because Kyle Shanahan said it was happening. How dense does anyone have to be to believe they would lie about something like that before his injury. Bottom line, you guys are wrong it's cool. Admit it
Did Kyle really say he was being traded, would like to hear that if you have the link
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Did Kyle really say he was being traded, would like to hear that if you have the link

He certainly did say that it's in the press conference yesterday, I believe you can also listen to it on the 49ers Rush Podcast with John Chapman it's close to three minutes in. Maybe these people don't want to believe it. Like I said…..denial.
Share 49ersWebzone