Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 196 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Did Kyle really say he was being traded, would like to hear that if you have the link

If he did then that contradicts what Lynch has said. How can you trade someone when nobody ever offered anything for him? This article was back in March https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-yet-receive-jimmy-garoppolo-trade-offer-gm-john-lynch-reveals?amp
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Did Kyle really say he was being traded, would like to hear that if you have the link

If he did then that contradicts what Lynch has said. How can you trade someone when nobody ever offered anything for him? This article was back in March https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-yet-receive-jimmy-garoppolo-trade-offer-gm-john-lynch-reveals?amp

We are referring to his pre injury status. Not after. Jimmy was going to get traded and people act like he wasn't. Shanahan said the surgery derailed everything which seemed like common sense
[ Edited by elguapo on Jul 28, 2022 at 5:21 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:

We are referring to his pre injury status. Not after.

Pre injury status? So during the regular season is when you are saying that we were on the verge of trading him?

We are referring to his pre injury status. Not after.

Pre injury status? So during the regular season is when you are saying that we were on the verge of trading him?

Sorry I meant pre surgery announcement. Anyways he was certainly tradable before surgery as confirmed by Shanahan and now that teams have filled needs through the draft FA and trade he is a lot less valuable obviously.
[ Edited by elguapo on Jul 28, 2022 at 5:24 PM ]
Sorry I meant pre surgery announcement

That article says Lynch believed there was building momentum for a Jimmy G trade, but no offers, prior to Jimmy's decision to get surgery. Those potentially interested teams then backed off.

Kyle Shanahan has echoed these statements in his own interviews and PCs.

We are referring to his pre injury status. Not after. Jimmy was going to get traded and people act like he wasn't. Shanahan said the surgery derailed everything which seemed like common sense

Bro you keep editing lol. I think people are interpreting what you are saying is that Kyle is essentially saying a trade was in process; meaning something was offered and on the verge of being completed and then the surgery stopped it. I could be wrong; but I think the surgery threw a wrench in the talks and nothing was ever offered. There's a difference
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think the best we can get for Jimmy, barring an injury to a Qb and a team becoming desperate, is a 4th or a 5th.
I think the surgery threw a wrench in the talks and nothing was ever offered. There's a difference

The difference is not really any different.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think the best we can get for Jimmy, barring an injury to a Qb and a team becoming desperate, is a 4th or a 5th.

Mayfield just went for a conditional 5th. I guess you can make an argument about who's the better player (I'd take Baker). Ryan went for a 4th and he's definitely better than Jimmy.

Teams understand we're likely to just cut him anyway. I think a 4th would be a 'miracle'.

EDIT: Matt Ryan was traded for a 3rd round pick, not 4th. My mistake. I don't think it alters my conclusion much however based on Mayfield's value.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Jul 28, 2022 at 7:02 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
I think the surgery threw a wrench in the talks and nothing was ever offered. There's a difference

Care to explain? But include everything that I said when you do please
[ Edited by 49ers808 on Jul 28, 2022 at 5:46 PM ]

This
Bro you keep editing lol. I think people are interpreting what you are saying is that Kyle is essentially saying a trade was in process; meaning something was offered and on the verge of being completed and then the surgery stopped it. I could be wrong; but I think the surgery threw a wrench in the talks and nothing was ever offered. There's a difference

This

I added what dj left out. If you guys can't see or comprehend the difference in trade talks with something being offered and trade talks without something being offered then I don't know what to tell you.

This

I added what dj left out. If you guys can't see or comprehend the difference in trade talks with something being offered and trade talks without something being offered then I don't know what to tell you.

You're arguing over whether an actual offer was made, but you're not arguing over whether there was interest in trading for Garoppolo. Is that correct?

Who cares?
It's not that at all, it's just hilarious looking at peoples revisionist history when we all know he was tradable before having surgery with Kyle confirming it. Now people want to act like he never was that tradable because of what we were asking or his salary when that was not true. Just because he is less desired now after many teams have filled their needs more or less does not support what they are trying to imply now. Many of us were assuming that Jimmy pre-surgery could get a second, third or at worst a fourth for him which seemed easily reasonable.
[ Edited by elguapo on Jul 28, 2022 at 7:20 PM ]
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:

This

You're arguing over whether an actual offer was made, but you're not arguing over whether there was interest in trading for Garoppolo. Is that correct?

Who cares?

Is there a difference in what you just said? That's all I'm arguing and I care when someone cuts out half of what I posted. If you followed all of it you might understand why the argument (which isn't mine) even began.
Share 49ersWebzone