Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 163 users in the forums

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Jimmy's trade value be in the offseason?

Originally posted by NCommand:
LOL.

960 pages and the answer is, "None of the above."
succinctly said.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Here's a thot :

NFL team , likely to go deep in playoffs, loses their QB and it is still before the last day before trades. If that team came to us and offered us a 2nd…or let's say a1st…would we go for it.zzzz

We would have accepted that for months now. Why would that change now?

Because, now at an affordable price, we have an already made starter as backup, which is insurance if Trey gets nicked…eg, high ankle, sprained ligament, or any other injury that needs 2-4 weeks to heal…not to mention a season ender like ACL, MCL, cartilage tear, etc. I like Purdy, but as the guy to get us by as long as Trey could be out? No thx…I'll go with the guy who has led us to NFCCG once and SB once.

It would be nice to see Trey skate thru season UN-dinged…but frankly, odds are against it. Have any of our QBs made it thru a season since kyle arrived.? Seems like all got dinged somewhere along the line. This yr we are set except at RT, and a Trey injury could set us back if Purdy had to be QB1
With Jimmy, we just insured Qb , and i don't think KS or JL would want to let JG go, this being a yr we are set virtually everywhere. JG is just perfect for this yr. How much would it take to change their minds? A first…2 firsts…I just don't see them trading JG for anything this yr unless we are out of playoffs.
and that would be before trading deadline.

i guess you never say never…but on this one…they want QB insurance over a first…over 2 of them? IDK
I don't know either. But I bet it takes more now than it would have a month ago.

That's for sure. With Trey , our offensive ball handlers, our stacked D, most of our OL…I just don't see KS/JL wanting to play different cards than these. Would we really want 2 firsts when we got Trey plus starter insurance w/ jimmy? I just don't think so.

There have been some posts saying JG will get traded before midseason…but when actual QB insurance is really 7 mil? This is just too good a situation to pass up.

There's no way Lynch wouldn't take 2 firsts for Jimmy, especially since they kept Purdy on the active.
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
There's no way Lynch wouldn't take 2 firsts for Jimmy, especially since they kept Purdy on the active.

agreed but no one will ever trade 2 first for a QB mid season

also im kind of on the boat for keeping him this season if we beleive we can compete for a SB it would be dumb not to

i still think with a healthy Jimmy G and we play in the SB last year.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Here's a thot :

NFL team , likely to go deep in playoffs, loses their QB and it is still before the last day before trades. If that team came to us and offered us a 2nd…or let's say a1st…would we go for it.zzzz

We would have accepted that for months now. Why would that change now?

Because, now at an affordable price, we have an already made starter as backup, which is insurance if Trey gets nicked…eg, high ankle, sprained ligament, or any other injury that needs 2-4 weeks to heal…not to mention a season ender like ACL, MCL, cartilage tear, etc. I like Purdy, but as the guy to get us by as long as Trey could be out? No thx…I'll go with the guy who has led us to NFCCG once and SB once.

It would be nice to see Trey skate thru season UN-dinged…but frankly, odds are against it. Have any of our QBs made it thru a season since kyle arrived.? Seems like all got dinged somewhere along the line. This yr we are set except at RT, and a Trey injury could set us back if Purdy had to be QB1
With Jimmy, we just insured Qb , and i don't think KS or JL would want to let JG go, this being a yr we are set virtually everywhere. JG is just perfect for this yr. How much would it take to change their minds? A first…2 firsts…I just don't see them trading JG for anything this yr unless we are out of playoffs.
and that would be before trading deadline.

i guess you never say never…but on this one…they want QB insurance over a first…over 2 of them? IDK
I don't know either. But I bet it takes more now than it would have a month ago.

That's for sure. With Trey , our offensive ball handlers, our stacked D, most of our OL…I just don't see KS/JL wanting to play different cards than these. Would we really want 2 firsts when we got Trey plus starter insurance w/ jimmy? I just don't think so.

There have been some posts saying JG will get traded before midseason…but when actual QB insurance is really 7 mil? This is just too good a situation to pass up.

If someone comes knocking , and that's still an if, we dint throw away that kind of insurance cheap, but how do you turn firm a first for next year, or a 2 and a 3, given our lack if first round picks ? Unless JG has already had to step in because of injury, I just don't see us turning down decent compensation. My guess though, is that he is our guy until next year.
We aren't getting a first or 2nd for Jimmy.

Wth...
Originally posted by NCommand:
LOL.

960 pages and the answer is, "None of the above."
succinctly said.

More of trying to save face,...lol. His trade value = he was being cut.

@ $27M with that contract he had no trade value. Let's stop trying to hide from the truth.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 4, 2022 at 5:43 PM ]
His value is a six million dollar contract. Lol
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
We aren't getting a first or 2nd for Jimmy.

Wth...

You never know, stranger things have happened
Wrong his trade value is based on how desperate another team is to win.

I think it's quite well possible that teams will come in for Jimmy as the season develops, either due to injury or just bad QB play.

wentz
Ryan
Goff
Cousins
Prescott
Trubisky
Winston

And the Bucs are gonna need a replacement for Brady next year if he retires which is likely.

Gonna be interesting to see who will come calling, but there are quite a few possibilities. I would say River boat Ron and Mike McCarthy are the two head coaches that need a good season to keep their job.
Originally posted by Ninerlakerdodger:
Wrong his trade value is based on how desperate another team is to win.

I think it's quite well possible that teams will come in for Jimmy as the season develops, either due to injury or just bad QB play.

wentz
Ryan
Goff
Cousins
Prescott
Trubisky
Winston

And the Bucs are gonna need a replacement for Brady next year if he retires which is likely.

Gonna be interesting to see who will come calling, but there are quite a few possibilities. I would say River boat Ron and Mike McCarthy are the two head coaches that need a good season to keep their job.

And if anything happens to the top 10 teams as Jimmy would definitely do better than majority if not all of their backups.

Share 49ersWebzone