There are 229 users in the forums

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

As the week progresses it is really shocking me that we are playing for a SB birth. Unreal.
I think we got this but KC is a tough customer and I hate to see us embarrassed on the big stage.

Not sure if I'm more concerned with the Rams or most likely a KC matchup in the SB.
Originally posted by Youngone:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/27/pfts-2022-afc-and-nfc-championship-game-picks/

49ers (+3.5) at Rams

MDS's take: The 49ers had the Rams' number this season, blowing them out in Week 10 and punching their ticket to the playoffs with an overtime thriller in Week 18. But I expect the Rams' defense to play well against a 49ers offense that escaped Green Bay with a win despite playing poorly. And I expect Matthew Stafford to spread the ball around well, and for Cooper Kupp and Odell Beckham both to top 100 yards. This Rams team looks destined for the Super Bowl.

MDS's pick: Rams 28, 49ers 24.

Florio's take: Great teams are made up of great players who are playing great. The Rams have great players who, until recently, hadn't been playing great. They currently are. It will be more than the 49ers can handle, but not by much.

Florio's pick: Rams 24, 49ers 21.

these MFers never learn. Next their both gonna pick the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

f**k the Rams!!! Let's f**kkkkkin go!

More fuel for the fire!
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Hands down the UGLIEST uniforms in the business.

the old rams unis were perfect, no clue why they went away from them.

then they went to gold (wtf?) and now these new modern ones.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Man, if we make the SB against KC, KC probably be 14 point favorites because everyone will forget that their offense has been struggling, for the most part of the year but nobody will forget that our defense sucks because we were weak against pass earlier in the year.

Exactly

Originally posted by 9erson3:
As the week progresses it is really shocking me that we are playing for a SB birth. Unreal.
I think we got this but KC is a tough customer and I hate to see us embarrassed on the big stage.

Not sure if I'm more concerned with the Rams or most likely a KC matchup in the SB.

I'm partially worried about that as well, but you have to imagine coaching wise we'll be ready for them.......including JG and co opening it up if necessary.

I believe Demeco and our D will make it tough AF for Mahomes to score a lot of points.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by thl408:

OMFG never noticed that!

edit: I guess I never noticed it because it's Photoshop. Still funny.

"Someone said it looks like a penis; it did," Dickerson said.

haha Eric DICKerson

Hahahahaha, can't make this s**t up

That one photoshopped a bit. The real one still has a penis, but not as obvious.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Holy cow is Kyle's BFF Simms annoying to listen to. Never heard someone trash this team as much as he does only to always pick them to win (or say the 49ers are more talented than the media lets on).
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by Youngone:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/27/pfts-2022-afc-and-nfc-championship-game-picks/

49ers (+3.5) at Rams

MDS's take: The 49ers had the Rams' number this season, blowing them out in Week 10 and punching their ticket to the playoffs with an overtime thriller in Week 18. But I expect the Rams' defense to play well against a 49ers offense that escaped Green Bay with a win despite playing poorly. And I expect Matthew Stafford to spread the ball around well, and for Cooper Kupp and Odell Beckham both to top 100 yards. This Rams team looks destined for the Super Bowl.

MDS's pick: Rams 28, 49ers 24.

Florio's take: Great teams are made up of great players who are playing great. The Rams have great players who, until recently, hadn't been playing great. They currently are. It will be more than the 49ers can handle, but not by much.

Florio's pick: Rams 24, 49ers 21.

these MFers never learn. Next their both gonna pick the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

f**k the Rams!!! Let's f**kkkkkin go!

One game at a time.

Let them pick the Rams. Nothing is guaranteed to this 49ers team. If we're being honest this is a QB driven league so of course they're going to pick the team with the better QB.

BUT Dak was the better QB. Rodgers was certainly a better QB. They're at home watching this game.

This is still about matchups. Rams have looked great these last two playoff games while we haven't played a consistent game in our matchups.

Personally...I'd rather be the team that won vs tougher matchups without playing their best football vs the team who faced two hurting opponents that matched up perfectly with the things they do well.

Now whether the 49ers actually make the plays on Sunday remains to be seen. Wouldn't be the first time this year a better team lost. But I like our chances with our matchups. I like our chances with the talent we have to go up against theirs.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
If our guys are healthy, we'll be fine.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Holy cow is Kyle's BFF Simms annoying to listen to. Never heard someone trash this team as much as he does only to always pick them to win (or say the 49ers are more talented than the media lets on).

him and florio constantly troll niner fans, once you understand this you can just stop watching them

• kray28
  • Veteran
I had the most absurd conversation with a Lambs fan on another forum today. I grew up in SoCal and this guy calls me a traitor for being a Niners fan. He's the fan of the franchise that ditched LA for St. Louis for the better part of two decades.
Really? Or are you just trying to start an argument? Please tell me how they are more qualified for their job than she is for her job. Especially since she isn't hot LOL.
I guess you got me, then. I guess she really isn't that qualified.
Originally posted by kray28:
I had the most absurd conversation with a Lambs fan on another forum today. I grew up in SoCal and this guy calls me a traitor for being a Niners fan. He's the fan of the franchise that ditched LA for St. Louis for the better part of two decades.
I'd have a tough time cheering on the Rams over the years. We used to go to 49er/Rams games in St. Louis as that is the closest place to me to get to a 49er game. At the end of their tenure in St. Louis, the large group of Rams fans we'd tailgate with all dropped their season tickets and many stopped going the last year. Their douchebag owner is all about the $$$ and could care less about the fans. Probably should have never come to St. Louis, but I digress.
Was thinking about why we've had 6 wins in a row against the Rams. They have that amazing d-line led by Aaron Donald, who should have a field day against our interior linemen. They have Jalen Ramsey, who on paper, could beat our receivers in pure 1 on 1 match-ups. It boggles my mind that they can have these stars on their defense, yet we still find ways to win on them.

But in thinking about it on a macro-level... The onus on us is to (1) get the ball out quick, and (2) try to attack the weakest defensive unit on the Rams--- the linebackers. If there's strengths of our team's offense, it's that Jimmy has one of the fastest releases in the NFL, and all the pre-snap motion & play action puts tremendous stress on linebackers.

Our biggest strengths on offense allow us to attack their defense in a way that a lot of the league can't.

The New Wrinkle in Game 3:
With these teams so familiar with eachother, I was wondering if we'd see anything new... It's not rocket science, but I think if there's a new wrinkle to be had in Game 3, it's to line up Deebo at RB and THROW the ball to him. We've lined him up at RB a lot in the second half of the season, but haven't used him AS much in a receiving capacity.

Against the Packers, we ran a Texas concept where one of the receivers cleared the middle of the field and Deebo ran an angled route out of the backfield. He picked up a key first down. I can definitely see Deebo doing more of that if the Rams play Zone. The Rams don't have a linebacker who can contest Deebo running routes like that. The best they can do is just make the sure tackle. They're going to give up a lot of 6, 7 yard passes to Deebo that way, and potentially more if he can break a linebacker tackle.
Originally posted by kray28:

Depends on how old you guys are. There are a lot of people who grew up in California that have always known the Rams to be a St. Louis team. So if they were to like a California team, it'd be a choice between the 49ers, Raiders, and Chargers.
Share 49ersWebzone