There are 231 users in the forums

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Originally posted by swaccmac1:
just watched the rams vs bucs and Stafford got loads of time to throw against the bucs. no way in hell he gets that much time against this 49ers front seven. We will be in his jock strap all day. Go Niners

And we don't get all blitz-happy like the Bucs do. They live and die by that philosophy, and it killed them in the end. We can send 4 and get good enough pressure, and we all know Stafford hates that and becomes more mistake-prone then.
I hope this is not a close game like the other two playoff games. I want them to win with a decent lead. My testicles still hasn't descended from the last game.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by kray28:
I had the most absurd conversation with a Lambs fan on another forum today. I grew up in SoCal and this guy calls me a traitor for being a Niners fan. He's the fan of the franchise that ditched LA for St. Louis for the better part of two decades.

Depends on how old you guys are. There are a lot of people who grew up in California that have always known the Rams to be a St. Louis team. So if they were to like a California team, it'd be a choice between the 49ers, Raiders, and Chargers.

Yeah...he claims he stayed a fan of the Rams franchise all through it. LOL. He's an NFL fan version of a simp.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Alfienator:
I hope this is not a close game like the other two playoff games. I want them to win with a decent lead. My testicles still hasn't descended from the last game.

It's gonna be close...probably come down to a FG. Not for the faint of heart stuff...

It's gonna be close...probably come down to a FG. Not for the faint of heart stuff...

Every 49er game...

Originally posted by swoosh6996:
And we don't get all blitz-happy like the Bucs do. They live and die by that philosophy, and it killed them in the end. We can send 4 and get good enough pressure, and we all know Stafford hates that and becomes more mistake-prone then.

Doesn't Stafford have like a near-perfect QB rating this season when we've blitzed him?
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Every 49er game...

I mean, I'll be pleasantly surprised and happy if we blow them out like the first time we played them...
But I'm fully expecting this to be a close game.
  • thl408

Every 49er game...

I think I prefer the DAL ending over the GB ending - build an early lead then hang on for dear life. That was fun.
Originally posted by genus49:
Mina is a very smart lady. I think she said a stupid take but that's what media tends to do...they blow up a take that is based in logic and go with hyperbole spin on it which can incite the reaction that she got.

Garcia also had a point because he's reacting to Mina's comment. Saying Jimmy didn't do anything is a trash take. There is a lot that goes into playing QB in the NFL and it's not always about passing numbers or big plays down the field.

It's one thing if you want to say Jimmy is a game manager who is asked to not make a lot of mistakes and run the offense but he still has to run the offense.

How many big throws do we have to see him make late in games to help us get the win or on 3rd down to keep drives going before we admit that he plays a part in helping this team win?

Let's be real, most people in here that think it's a stupid take are saying that and poo pooing on her (not saying you are) because we're all 49er fans. If she gave Jimmy all the credit in the world, it would be posted in multiple threads. People would love it and not question her merits to be able to speak about football...IMO it's weird that Garcia chose to go after her....like she was the only person that has talked about Jimmy like this lol? Where's the Chris Simm, Florio, Chris Carter and the handful of other "analysts" posts questioning them?

and what did she say that was so crazy? That SF is winning with Jimmy and not because of Jimmy? I mean that debatable IMO, but not some horrific thing where she should then be called out because she's not a former player and a women...just weird. But whatever fans are weird
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 27, 2022 at 11:32 AM ]
Originally posted by thl408:

Every 49er game...

I think I prefer the DAL ending over the GB ending - build an early lead then hang on for dear life. That was fun.

I've aged 5 yrs over the past 3 weeks lol

Every 49er game...

Doesn't Stafford have like a near-perfect QB rating this season when we've blitzed him?
The media is hyping up Stafford for his great QBR while blitzed by any teams. Problem is we blitz very few times with the front 4 that we have to create pressure. Our team is built to give a team like the Rams problems. I hope we can execute.
  • thl408

Every 49er game...

I've aged 5 yrs over the past 3 weeks lol

I'll trade in my 80s years for nerve racking 49er playoff football.
I'll trade in my 80s years for nerve racking 49er playoff football.

HA
  • thl408
Originally posted by ltrain:

The media is hyping up Stafford for his great QBR while blitzed by any teams. Problem is we blitz very few times with the front 4 that we have to create pressure. Our team is built to give a team like the Rams problems. I hope we can execute.
yup
Share 49ersWebzone