SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Ut oh...don't give Kittle and Co. fuel for the fire

Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by ltrain:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
And we don't get all blitz-happy like the Bucs do. They live and die by that philosophy, and it killed them in the end. We can send 4 and get good enough pressure, and we all know Stafford hates that and becomes more mistake-prone then.

Doesn't Stafford have like a near-perfect QB rating this season when we've blitzed him?
The media is hyping up Stafford for his great QBR while blitzed by any teams. Problem is we blitz very few times with the front 4 that we have to create pressure. Our team is built to give a team like the Rams problems. I hope we can execute.
yup
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/18/rams-buccaneers-matthew-stafford-blitz-stats/
Stafford wasn't necessarily good under pressure this season. He had the 11th-worst PFF grade among starting quarterbacks when pressured, completing just 49.6% of his throws. He did average 7.9 yards per attempt under pressure, which was second among all starters, but he had 14 turnover-worthy plays and a passer rating of only 77.1.
Why does anyone give a damn what Mina Kimes says? Also, why does anyone care to defend her? She is a talking head on a network and has never played a down of football in her life. Who cares.

Let's get back to football. So fired up for this Sunday! Go Niners!!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by genus49:
Mina is a very smart lady. I think she said a stupid take but that's what media tends to do...they blow up a take that is based in logic and go with hyperbole spin on it which can incite the reaction that she got.

Garcia also had a point because he's reacting to Mina's comment. Saying Jimmy didn't do anything is a trash take. There is a lot that goes into playing QB in the NFL and it's not always about passing numbers or big plays down the field.

It's one thing if you want to say Jimmy is a game manager who is asked to not make a lot of mistakes and run the offense but he still has to run the offense.

How many big throws do we have to see him make late in games to help us get the win or on 3rd down to keep drives going before we admit that he plays a part in helping this team win?

Let's be real, most people in here that think it's a stupid take are saying that and poo pooing on her (not saying you are) because we're all 49er fans. If she gave Jimmy all the credit in the world, it would be posted in multiple threads. People would love it and not question her merits to be able to speak about football...IMO it's weird that Garcia chose to go after her....like she was the only person that has talked about Jimmy like this lol? Where's the Chris Simm, Florio, Chris Carter and the handful of other "analysts" posts questioning them?

and what did she say that was so crazy? That SF is winning with Jimmy and not because of Jimmy? I mean that debatable IMO, but not some horrific thing where she should then be called out because she's not a former player and a women...just weird. But whatever fans are weird

I watched Keyshawn Johnson horribly argue with her and Stephen A Smith about Jimmy's merits.
The only thing he could say was essentially "Jimmy's........ just ... somehow winning."

I'm just like... dude. Cite Jimmy's key fourth quarter throws on the last drive to Kittle and Deebo. Because Mina and SAS were making valid points and Keyshawn wasn't giving them ANYTHING. At the very least... talk about his poise, his calm, mention leadership intangibles... just say SOMETHING beyond "the 49ers are just winning."
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Why does anyone give a damn what Mina Kimes says? Also, why does anyone care to defend her? She is a talking head on a network and has never played a down of football in her life. Who cares.

The point of "defending" her is because unlike a lot of her co-works, she's actually pretty good at her job. Why does "playing a down of football" have to do with anything? Greg Cosell hasn't played a down of football in his life, A LOT of people who played football are pretty freaking dumb after the fact.

Yes let's go Niners.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Agree, I like the fact that our DLine (overall) is younger than the Rams DLine. That means going into the (whatever week it is now) 20th week? 21st week? Those old Rams DLine legs and bodies won't be as fresh as the young 49er DLine bodies we have.

The point of "defending" her is because unlike a lot of her co-works, she's actually pretty good at her job. Why does "playing a down of football" have to do with anything? Greg Cosell hasn't played a down of football in his life, A LOT of people who played football are pretty freaking dumb after the fact.

Yes let's go Niners.

I mean, yes, she's biased as a Seahawks fan. But people shouldn't put her down because she's female or because she has never played football.

I watch some of the hot takes from a lot of former players, and I can very clearly tell they didn't watch the games very closely. I really don't pay too much attention to talking heads unless they really point out the X's and O's.
I watched Keyshawn Johnson horribly argue with her and Stephen A Smith about Jimmy's merits.
The only thing he could say was essentially "Jimmy's........ just ... somehow winning."

I'm just like... dude. Cite Jimmy's key fourth quarter throws on the last drive to Kittle and Deebo. Because Mina and SAS were making valid points and Keyshawn wasn't giving them ANYTHING. At the very least... talk about his poise, his calm, mention leadership intangibles... just say SOMETHING beyond "the 49ers are just winning."

Dude half of former players are awful at contextualizing the game of football. BUt THeY PLaYED The GaME.

Look at this HOFer talking about Jimmy...where's the outrage?

At least when Mina talks there's some football insight behind it. She brings the analytics and she actually knows football enough to backup her points.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

And that's exactly what happens when you try limiting the sales to just the Los Angeles area.

I mean, yes, she's biased as a Seahawks fan. But people shouldn't put her down because she's female or because she has never played football.

I watch some of the hot takes from a lot of former players, and I can very clearly tell they didn't watch the games very closely. I really don't pay too much attention to talking heads unless they really point out the X's and O's.

Oh she will say she loves her seahawks, but for the most part this yr she's been one of the only pro-SF analysis all yr. Yeah I agree the AM hot take s**t is trash and basically wanting everyone to debate/talk about it....which it's working lol
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

And that's exactly what happens when you try limiting the sales to just the Los Angeles area.

sea of red coming to LA
Originally posted by Giedi:

Agree, I like the fact that our DLine (overall) is younger than the Rams DLine. That means going into the (whatever week it is now) 20th week? 21st week? Those old Rams DLine legs and bodies won't be as fresh as the young 49er DLine bodies we have.

Yes! Also like that we have a deeper team. They have Donald, but they do not have the rotational depth that we have on the DL.
Ut oh...don't give Kittle and Co. fuel for the fire

bump
Oh she will say she loves her seahawks, but for the most part this yr she's been one of the only pro-SF analysis all yr. Yeah I agree the AM hot take s**t is trash and basically wanting everyone to debate/talk about it....which it's working lol

She think Russ is better than Steve Young like the other Seahawk homer on the radio?
Share 49ersWebzone