There are 224 users in the forums

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by JEP83:
So tired of this narrative!

Guys I live in Jacksonville and am listening to 1010XL radio station. They are talking about the Rams Niners game. The opening line is that the Rams went all in this year and that the niners shouldnt be jn the playoffs. We dont have stars they said. The other three teams in the playoffs have stars and we shouldn't be there.

Now I do understand that they are Jaguar fans etc but it's the narrative that we don't have stars or big name players as a supporting reason to why we shouldn't be in this weeks game.

A team that was in the Super Bowl 2 years ago with the good majority of the same players on this roster "shouldn't be there"

so stupid.

I dunno what people are talking about when they say that. We have elite players:

George Kittle, TE --- Considered with Kelce to be one of the best TE's in league.
Deebo Samuel, WR --- Breakout season, 1st Team All-Pro
Kyle Juszycyk, FB --- Best FB in the game, by a mile.
Trent Williams, LT --- One of the best tackles in the game in the last decade, the best Offensive Lineman all season
Nick Bosa, DE --- Robbed of an All-Pro this year.
Fred Warner, MLB --- Didn't start the year off well having to compensate for all those injuries, but he's in All-Pro form at the right time.

Don't you know it's all about the QB?!? Nothing else matters!
So 43% of sales in Stubhub are Niner fans and 65% on Vivid. We're really gonna have more fans in their than week 18 lol
  • thl408
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
I'm concerned that the Rams D Line could prove to be really disruptive in this game.
Evidence: GB D Line was really disruptive in the last game.

I figure Kyle can accommodate for it because he knows what's coming.
Evidence: Dallas D Line was really neutralized for the most part.

Jimmy is gonna have to be calm in the storm, be prepared, and get the ball out quick over the middle to exploit the Rams LBs.

The Rams might gamble that they can flood the middle of the field even at the risk of exposing some long WR routes because Jimmy usually doesn't play that game very effectively. Just looking for the Rams to not respect that at all.

Damn I hope we run 45 times actually.
Everything points to it.
And yeah I wish Jimmy was a threat to air it out. Even if just to keep the Rams honest. Kyle gotta call that early.

I think we can hold the Rams to 27 points.
I think the Rams can hold us to 27 points.

Something's gonna break it.

I do think the 49ers came out willing to throw the ball to get the defense to back up. Versus GB early, Jimmy threw it well but there were drops from Kittle, Aiyuk, and Jennings. I'll blame that on the weather, but the point is they were willing to come out and throw. That needs to happen again just to get the Rams to respect the run/pass balance. Once a few completions are netted, start hitting them with the full playbook.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
So 43% of sales in Stubhub are Niner fans and 65% on Vivid. We're really gonna have more fans in their than week 18 lol

You just don't have enough Rams diehards that are willing to throw several Gs down to go to the game. Plenty of Niner fans will, obviously. That's why exorbitant prices favor the Niners.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Yeah StubHub says the sales are double from week 18 to Bay Area zip codes lol.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
You just don't have enough Rams diehards that are willing to throw several Gs down to go to the game. Plenty of Niner fans will, obviously. That's why exorbitant prices favor the Niners.

When you leave for 20+ years it takes a while to retake a foothold.
It was Cowboys 49ers... then Giants 49ers... then Cowboys 49ers (again)... then Packers 49ers... then we had the dark ages... then it was Seahawks 49ers...

Until now...

Welcome to the new rivalry... Rams 49ers

McVay vs Shanny
NorCal vs SoCal

Rams went all in to win the SB in their house. Signing OBJ. Signing Miller. Trading for Stafford. Trading for Ramsey. Rushing back Akers. All their chips are in. They did it all for this moment. Now it's time for the showdown. We can take it from them. It will either be us in their house in the SB or them. It just doesn't get any bigger than this. I don't know about you but the thought of the Rams in the Super Bowl makes me want to vomit in terror

Let's get it.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
It was Cowboys 49ers... then Giants 49ers... then Cowboys 49ers (again)... then Packers 49ers... then we had the dark ages... then it was Seahawks 49ers...

Until now...

McVay vs Shanny
NorCal vs SoCal

Rams went all in to win the SB in their house. Signing OBJ. Signing Miller. Trading for Stafford. Trading for Ramsey. Rushing back Akers. All their chips are in. They did it all for this moment. Now it's time for the showdown. We can take it from them. It will either be us in their house in the SB or them. It just doesn't get any bigger than this. I don't know about you but the thought of the Rams in the Super Bowl makes me want to vomit in terror

Let's get it.

Rams went all in in 2018 too, all that got them was 3 points in a super bowl they didn't deserve to be in.
SOON....
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by debo4mvp:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by debo4mvp:
Are we going to win or not?

Dude, private message the moderator English and get your screen name spelled correctly.

I don't want it spelled correctly.

you win, this time..

I don't want to win. I want the Niners to win

physical vs finesse
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Go 49ers!
LFG !!!

LET'S GOOOOOO!

Until now...

McVay vs Shanny
NorCal vs SoCal

Let's get it.

NorCal vs SoCal, I don't agree with that. We may have more fans in SoCal than the Rams.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
chris simms picked the rams.

good.
Originally posted by libertyforever:

Until now...

McVay vs Shanny
NorCal vs SoCal

Let's get it.

NorCal vs SoCal, I don't agree with that. We may have more fans in SoCal than the Rams.

Even better let's get the BEAT LA chant going loud in "their" house
Share 49ersWebzone