SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Why most picking rams? I don't get it

They're idiots, fake news and enemies of the people

Or because they are a very good team at home and starting to gel.

Home field has nothing to do with this game. There will be a heavy 49ers crowd.

The line says otherwise

The line has to do with enticing gamblers, not with predicting the outcome. 🙄
Real heroes doent wear capes, but apparently they live in Thousand Oaks, California

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rams-effort-to-block-49-er-fans-from-buying-tickets-for-nfc-championship-game-may-have-backfired-145454914.html
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Jan 27, 2022 at 4:43 PM ]
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
I'm concerned that the Rams D Line could prove to be really disruptive in this game.
Evidence: GB D Line was really disruptive in the last game.

I figure Kyle can accommodate for it because he knows what's coming.
Evidence: Dallas D Line was really neutralized for the most part.

Jimmy is gonna have to be calm in the storm, be prepared, and get the ball out quick over the middle to exploit the Rams LBs.

The Rams might gamble that they can flood the middle of the field even at the risk of exposing some long WR routes because Jimmy usually doesn't play that game very effectively. Just looking for the Rams to not respect that at all.

Damn I hope we run 45 times actually.
Everything points to it.
And yeah I wish Jimmy was a threat to air it out. Even if just to keep the Rams honest. Kyle gotta call that early.

I think we can hold the Rams to 27 points.
I think the Rams can hold us to 27 points.

Something's gonna break it.

GB sold out because they knew Garoppolo with his hurt thumb and shoulder in 0 degree windchill wasn't going to be throwing all over them. Conditions will obviously be different on Sunday.
Originally posted by kdoggie:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I'm starting to think these analysts aren't picking who they think is going to win they're picking who they hope wins

They're making hot takes to get us to watch the game. That's their job.

The NFL is having a Fit that we got into the playoffs.Hopefully they call it fairly on Sun. Stafford is their last chance to get a markee qb matchup.The last thing they want is Jimmy vs Mahommes. Love being the spoiler! Go Niners
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Real heroes doent wear capes, but apparently they live in Thousand Oaks, California

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rams-effort-to-block-49-er-fans-from-buying-tickets-for-nfc-championship-game-may-have-backfired-145454914.html

If we somehow win and win it all, They should put a statue of him at SoFI
Originally posted by Crown:
chris simms picked the rams.

good.

He's been picking niners all other playoff games
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Originally posted by Crown:
chris simms picked the rams.

good.

He's been picking niners all other playoff games

spoiler: it doesn't matter who he or anyone picks
This is our 15th straight game without a week off due to the early bye. I wonder if that has ever happened before?
Anyone else think Stafford's wife will leave him for Jimmy after the game? Ricky Bobby style
Originally posted by FL9er:
"Jimmy is like the guy who did nothing but still got an A on the group project." - Mina Kimes

"Better than doing all the work and still getting an F!; Russell, last name Wilson!" - FL9er

I think Mina secretly ache for Jimmy's jaw line.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Anyone else think Stafford's wife will leave him for Jimmy after the game? Ricky Bobby style

he stayed with her through her brain tumor so probably not
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
I'm concerned that the Rams D Line could prove to be really disruptive in this game.
Evidence: GB D Line was really disruptive in the last game.

I figure Kyle can accommodate for it because he knows what's coming.
Evidence: Dallas D Line was really neutralized for the most part.

Jimmy is gonna have to be calm in the storm, be prepared, and get the ball out quick over the middle to exploit the Rams LBs.

The Rams might gamble that they can flood the middle of the field even at the risk of exposing some long WR routes because Jimmy usually doesn't play that game very effectively. Just looking for the Rams to not respect that at all.

Damn I hope we run 45 times actually.
Everything points to it.
And yeah I wish Jimmy was a threat to air it out. Even if just to keep the Rams honest. Kyle gotta call that early.

I think we can hold the Rams to 27 points.
I think the Rams can hold us to 27 points.

Something's gonna break it.

GB sold out because they knew Garoppolo with his hurt thumb and shoulder in 0 degree windchill wasn't going to be throwing all over them. Conditions will obviously be different on Sunday.

Certainly so. But Rams will sell out even harder because EVERYTHING is on the line and they literally have nothing left if they lose. It's all gone.
They'll come hard. I'm not underestimating them.
I trust that the niners can and will make them pay for that. But it'll take 60 minutes and we need Jimmy to play cool. Play within structure and no hero ball.
Originally posted by father49er:
"Jimmy is like the guy who did nothing but still got an A on the group project." - Mina Kimes

"Better than doing all the work and still getting an F!; Russell, last name Wilson!" - FL9er

I think Mina secretly ache for Jimmy's jaw line.

Ithink that's the statement that pissed off a lot of people. Jimmy did nothing. Absolutely no contribution. She lost any and all credibility right there
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

This is why she has been discredited. There is absolutely NO way Jimmy did NOTHING at QBE and we are here

Thats an absolutely asinine statement by her and it makes sense from a Seahawks fan.

Jimmy is the reason we are here as far as his position is concerNed because we have seen what it is when he isn't under center

Can we don't better at QB? Sure. But Jimmy still is a big contributor to our success flaws and all

Exactly.

Besides, he has best winning percentage in NFL history as an underdog.

In a "QB driven league" that has to mean something. A lot actually, IMO.

People forget this team won games when the roster was average AF with 1 win for the season prior to his first start. He legitimately carried this f**king franchise to the point that NOBODY talked s**t about him.

I've said it before, and will need to repeat it for those cuck casuals who talk s**t:

Either Jimmy is an underrated QB or Kyle and his roster is seriously f**king underrated.

Can't have it both ways, that we have a game manager and so so roster.

Just no f**king way that happens. At least say the 49ers have the best 52 man roster in the NFL!!

Nobody gives the 49er credit whatsoever on the level they deserve.

Garoppolo does some things average, maybe some subpar, but 1-3 things REALLY f**kING WELL.

And those things he does really f**king well, well, that's why the 49ers WIN.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jan 27, 2022 at 5:37 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4u:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by debo4mvp:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by debo4mvp:
Are we going to win or not?

Dude, private message the moderator English and get your screen name spelled correctly.

I don't want it spelled correctly.

you win, this time..

Bel Biv Debo

Winner
Share 49ersWebzone