There are 171 users in the forums

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Originally posted by ldhampton2s:
I think that's completely fair. Kupp fits what the Rams do better and Deebo fits what the 49ers do better.

It's just hard for me (considering I'm a Rams fan) to say any team has a better WR than Kupp this year. His connection with Stafford this season was one for the ages. A lot of people don't know, but Kupp put up astronomical numbers in college too.

Kupp was very highly regarded around here during the draft.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Akers this season, 44 runs for 106 yards, 2.4 yards a carry. And you think he is currently better than Elijah Mitchell?

He just came back from an injury, he's starting to get his legs under him.

I wouldn't take to much into those stats. Nobody runs against Tampa Bay. So Akers YPC, considering most of his attempts were against TB, doesn't bother me too much.

I get it, Akers hasn't proved all that much. I've seen the explosiveness and toughness though. I think he's going to be a problem for SF on Sunday

2 fumbles last week says otherwise.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
QB - Agreed.
RB - As everyone else has said, Mitchell is easily better than Akers atm. Akers has some great potential that was derailed by his injury, sadly, but Mitchell and the Niners running game as a whole is much better than the Rams. Hell, Deebo is even getting 5+ looks a game as a RB. Not even close, Niners.
WRs - I do give the slight nod to the Rams here.
Oline - I feel like this one is a push, but I also am not too familiar with the Rams oline outside a few players.
TE - Agreed.
Dline - Again, this is a push. Our dlines are vastly different, but both are dominant.
LB - Agreed.
Secondary - Agreed.

I think the media says the Rams are a better team overall in large part due to the "Super Team" moniker and the fact that you all won the NFC West this year. But I think the Niners are a better team head-to-head. It's one of the main reason we swept you guys this year in the regular season. Rams have a lot of big name players doing big name things, but the Niners are silently stout almost everywhere (except our CBs, right side Oline and special teams).

A healthy Cam Akers in your teams offense would outperform Mitchell and he'd be RB1. I think Akers is a better player than Mitchell.

I understand he doesn't have the production that Mitchell does.
It's possible, but I doubt it. Niners run D is vert stout. If the Rams are going to win, it'll definitely be through the air.

Probably is the Rams offense and the Niners offense are completely different. I believe the Rams throw the ball 8-10 times more per game than the Niners. That's a lot more opportunity for players like Kupp and OBJ to shine and limits the opportunities for Aiyuk, Kittle and Deebo. Shanahan saw what Deebo was becoming, that's why he started giving Deebo backfield reps, just to put the ball in his hands more. The Niners under Shanahan will always be a run first team, regardless of who our QB is.

Personally, comparing Kupp and Deebo is hard. Sure, they're both WRs, but that's where their similarities end. Both play a very different style of game, and both are at the top of that game. I'd say Kupp = Deebo considering the fact that the Rams would not trade Kupp straight up for Deebo, and the Niners would not trade Deebo straight up for Kupp.

I think that's completely fair. Kupp fits what the Rams do better and Deebo fits what the 49ers do better.

It's just hard for me (considering I'm a Rams fan) to say any team has a better WR than Kupp this year. His connection with Stafford this season was one for the ages. A lot of people don't know, but Kupp put up astronomical numbers in college too.

Oh, I'm not saying Deebo is better than Kupp. Nor am I saying Kupp is better than Deebo though. I think both men deserve the MVP award this year, but we both know a QB will win it. Niners aren't in the playoffs without Deebo's efforts, and the Rams don't win the West without Kupp. I feel that both players are in the same tier, 1a and 1b, if you will, up there with DHop.

Damn, the NFC West has some baller WR1s. Kupp, Deebo, DHop and DK. Jaysus.
It's possible, but I doubt it. Niners run D is vert stout. If the Rams are going to win, it'll definitely be through the air.

Probably is the Rams offense and the Niners offense are completely different. I believe the Rams throw the ball 8-10 times more per game than the Niners. That's a lot more opportunity for players like Kupp and OBJ to shine and limits the opportunities for Aiyuk, Kittle and Deebo. Shanahan saw what Deebo was becoming, that's why he started giving Deebo backfield reps, just to put the ball in his hands more. The Niners under Shanahan will always be a run first team, regardless of who our QB is.

Personally, comparing Kupp and Deebo is hard. Sure, they're both WRs, but that's where their similarities end. Both play a very different style of game, and both are at the top of that game. I'd say Kupp = Deebo considering the fact that the Rams would not trade Kupp straight up for Deebo, and the Niners would not trade Deebo straight up for Kupp.

I was super high on Kupp coming out.

We actually did a mock draft here with 32 users drafting for a team in 2017. I picked Kupp in the 3rd round and George Kittle in the 4th.

Originally posted by Crown:
Akers this season, 44 runs for 106 yards, 2.4 yards a carry. And you think he is currently better than Elijah Mitchell?

I wouldn't take to much into those stats. Nobody runs against Tampa Bay. So Akers YPC, considering most of his attempts were against TB, doesn't bother me too much.

I get it, Akers hasn't proved all that much. I've seen the explosiveness and toughness though. I think he's going to be a problem for SF on Sunday

Well hey there
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by elguapo:
I think that if anything it could be a very very very long day for the Rams if Mitchell "will be more effective this game though" because he's healthier than he was back then. Same with Samuel. The Rams are not that good at stopping the run and you're talking about if Akers has a good day???? That's kind of laughable but I guess that comes with being a Rams fan. You do know that the niners have the best run defense in the league and a better pass rush than the Rams don't you? Sorry those are the facts. The Rams may have two great players on their DL but we have great players on our DL.

Bosa is elite and I bet you didn't know that our DT DJ Jones is 2ND to only Aaron Donald in TFL. Arik Amrstead is on an absolute tear.

Also the Rams have horrible safety and linebacker play. Another thing about Samuel as opposed to Cooper Kupp, Samuel has a better average per catch and is much more dynamic. If Samuel had even close to the amount of receptions that Cooper Kupp has, he would be the offensive MVP by a long shot. Also, Samuel has to go up against outside corners quite a bit more whereas Cooper Kupp is almost always in the slot for the most part. It's a lot easier to beat slot cbs and get open in the slot than working against outside corners.

Kupp is a much better route runner. And if Samuel could have had the same production as Kupp…Kyle Shanahan wouldn't have allowed that to happen.

Part of it is Garapollo not being able to get him the ball through the air, which is why I think they started handing it to him.

Also, McVay lines Kupp closer to the OL because he is an extension of the Oline when it comes to blocking. He's a much better blocker than Deebo.

Really? Lol. Go watch SF's last drive vs GB and watch Deebo knock their MIKE back 3 feet on a lead block.

McVay uses him, yes but that also causes numerous bad things for LA against us One play Ebukam knocked him on his a$$ and sacked Stafford on a play action pass.

Another Bosa took him and Higbee out on a wide zone freeing up Tartt for a tackle for loss on Akers.

Kupp is a better route runner for sure. But Garoppolo not getting him the ball? That's pure ignorance. Deebo was averaging 110.25 yards per game BEFORE he switched to a rushing role. That equates to 1,874 yards on the season. Please.

Yeah I was laughing too at that ridiculously ignorant comment about Deebo Samuel not being a better blocker than Cupp? Looks like this Rams fan is pretty typical and glaringly biased when it comes to making arguments. If Deebo Samuel had the amount of targets or catches as Cooper Kupp he would've had well over 2200 yards. So it's not even an argument at that point. You got to love these Rams fans
I think that if anything it could be a very very very long day for the Rams if Mitchell "will be more effective this game though" because he's healthier than he was back then. Same with Samuel. The Rams are not that good at stopping the run and you're talking about if Akers has a good day???? That's kind of laughable but I guess that comes with being a Rams fan. You do know that the niners have the best run defense in the league and a better pass rush than the Rams don't you? Sorry those are the facts. The Rams may have two great players on their DL but we have great players on our DL.

Bosa is elite and I bet you didn't know that our DT DJ Jones is 2ND to only Aaron Donald in TFL. Arik Amrstead is on an absolute tear.

Also the Rams have horrible safety and linebacker play. Another thing about Samuel as opposed to Cooper Kupp, Samuel has a better average per catch and is much more dynamic. If Samuel had even close to the amount of receptions that Cooper Kupp has, he would be the offensive MVP by a long shot. Also, Samuel has to go up against outside corners quite a bit more whereas Cooper Kupp is almost always in the slot for the most part. It's a lot easier to beat slot cbs and get open in the slot than working against outside corners.

Kupp is a much better route runner. And if Samuel could have had the same production as Kupp…Kyle Shanahan wouldn't have allowed that to happen.

Part of it is Garapollo not being able to get him the ball through the air, which is why I think they started handing it to him.

Also, McVay lines Kupp closer to the OL because he is an extension of the Oline when it comes to blocking. He's a much better blocker than Deebo.

Really? Lol. Go watch SF's last drive vs GB and watch Deebo knock their MIKE back 3 feet on a lead block.

McVay uses him, yes but that also causes numerous bad things for LA against us One play Ebukam knocked him on his a$$ and sacked Stafford on a play action pass.

Another Bosa took him and Higbee out on a wide zone freeing up Tartt for a tackle for loss on Akers.

Kupp is a better route runner for sure. But Garoppolo not getting him the ball? That's pure ignorance. Deebo was averaging 110.25 yards per game BEFORE he switched to a rushing role. That equates to 1,874 yards on the season. Please.

Yeah I was laughing too at that ridiculously ignorant comment about Deebo Samuel not being a better blocker than Cupp? Looks like this Rams fan is pretty typical and glaringly biased when it comes to making arguments. If Deebo Samuel had the amount of targets or catches as Cooper Kupp he would've had well over 2200 yards. So it's not even an argument at that point. You got to love these Rams fans

Hey at least he has the stones to talk with another fan base.

I posted my preview video in their subreddit and it got down voted to oblivion and only had 1 or 2 people comment. The cowboys I had like 50 people interact with me. Same with the Packers.

You'd think with the amount of views those videos get I'd get more attention from Rams fans.
[ Edited by jonnydel on Jan 27, 2022 at 8:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Crown:

Yeah, funny how that was just glossed over. Mitchell has no fumbles this year I believe. They also may activate Henderson this week, adding another RB To that backfield.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Jan 27, 2022 at 8:43 PM ]
--
Agree with this

I posted my preview video in their subreddit and it got down voted to oblivion and only had 1 or 2 people comment. The cowboys I had like 50 people interact with me. Same with the Packers.

You'd think with the amount of views those videos get I'd get more attention from Rams fans.

For sure I would think more attention from Rams fans as well. Yeah it's good to have opposing fans talk when they're not too biased or ridiculous with their statements. I guess I just wish they would have a little more understanding of what they're talking about before throwing out this player or this unit or this team is better than the Niners.

For sure I would think more attention from Rams fans as well. Yeah it's good to have opposing fans talk when they're not too biased or ridiculous with their statements. I guess I just wish they would have a little more understanding of what they're talking about before throwing out this player or this unit or this team is better than the Niners.

This was me with Packeds fans before the game: guess they didn't know I knew, lol

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
I don't watch hot garbage take shows. Who the hell is Mina Kimes? There is plenty of great 49er content by everyday folks on youtube. Hell, we have a great one right here on these boards. Why would a fan need anything else?

Mina is pretty good compared to the rest of the goof troop hot take people....she's been pretty pro SF this whole year and is a massive Kyle supporter. Who cares if she not all in on Jimmy?

Dude So weird how you'll do post after post to back some of these people. I don't get it..
You constantly tell people your opinion on Things and make it a point that everybody has a right to their opinion. However people bash Mina and here you are… not one time or two, multiple threads etc.. so weird.

And I don't need a lecture with the same stuff you repeat 149 times… I mean wow..
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on Jan 27, 2022 at 8:57 PM ]

This was me with Packeds fans before the game: guess they didn't know I knew, lol

Nice Jonny! Keep teaching these ignorant fools....tell them what time it is
While I think this game is going to be close I'd like a weekend of no stress and cruise to victory! Let's go Niners! 1-2-3 DOMINATE!
Share 49ersWebzone