There are 317 users in the forums

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Originally posted by Silky:
I'm surprised Mina Kimes got this thread and fanbase so fired up. As NY said she isn't the only one to say something like that. I guess maybe because Garcia responded to her so harshly that it got to where we're at. I am 90% sure Garcia was probably drinking too because it was so random.

You know who does love Jimmy and creams her pants every time there is a segment on him? Kay Adams from NFLN GMFB.

Why do these pictures load so big? I shrink them but they go back to being big anyway

Kay is awesome and incredibly good to look at.

I think the reason Mina's comments got so much heat is because she essentially insinuated Garoppolo does nothing for the team which is a crap take and she's better than that. She's a very smart lady but when you're making statements and you use hyperbole based analogies then it can certainly ruffle some feathers.

If she just said Jimmy G is limited and has moments where he makes some very questionable decisions which can cost his team then nobody should really take issue with it. That's factual. Saying he's someone who gets an A in a group project while doing nothing is a s**t take.

Garoppolo may not be the main contributor to the project but he is still making a contribution towards the end to help ensure the A.
Originally posted by NCommand:
NY ranting for Mina the 12. Mina must have said something disparaging about Jimmy. Amirite? LOL

You're a girl dad, no? We got fans in here saying she isn't qualified to talk football and her opinion doesn't matter….Jeff Garcia goes off on her (and only her) saying she can't talk about this because she never played….never challenged any other analysis that said the same stuff about Jimmy all yr.

I could careless what she said about Jimmy…it has NOTHING to do about that. I'm piss with the way some of our fans have acted and a former player. Be better…That's all. I'm done
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Meh Jeff has always been kinda uptight and unhinged. Was never a fan of him in his post playing career. Much prefer seeing Staley in the pregame and post game along with Whitner and Takeo.

Me too. Garcia always seemed awkward.

He should know as well as anyone what it feels like to be attacked that way. I mean, come on. Listen to him talk and you'd think he spent more time at the Blue Oyster than on the gridiron.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Look, Garcia was wrong, we are not like that. If it galvanized the team, so be it. If they needed another log on the fire. so be it. But we are better. No negative, ju ju.

• kray28
  • Veteran
I love Jeff Garcia...I think the backlash against him is largely unwarranted. He's not the only jock out there that feels this way. Again, I don't think you need to have played a sport to comment on it. But it's fair to ask what credibility someone like Mina Kimes has to say that Jimmy G is a guy who is basically just along for the ride.

That's not just disrespectful, it's highly uninformed.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
Damn! Getting hot in here. Go Niners!!!

After reading the previous post to this my exact word was DAMN!

Yeah, its getting - Krizay!
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Garcia's comments were dumb.

She knows football but her take came off as an uninformed hottake.

That's fair
Originally posted by kray28:
In fairness, you shouldn't have had to play a sport in order to comment on it.
If this were true...a lot of people would be out of a job in sports media.
Not just Mina Kimes, but Grant Cohn and David Lombardi too.

Let's just disagree with her...because she's wrong.

Obviously it matters if you played, but not all these players were great football minds, plenty of them couldn't even break down a game as good jonny does. I look at someone like Marcus Spears at ESPN who is all personality, anytime he talks about other things than defensive line he doesn't sound smart at all.

I think she made a bit of hot take there, and it's right to criticize, but she hasn't said anything hundreds of other media people have said about Jimmy, and much worse. This is mainly because she's a woman, and it just brings out the ugly that some people have in them and it's obvious sexism.
Why do you all care so much about talking heads? Their job is to stir up controversy. This whole Garcia thing is like mana from heavy for them. Seriously, I don't care what any of them have to say. I'll watch, only to get some perspective on opposing teams.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by kray28:
In fairness, you shouldn't have had to play a sport in order to comment on it.
If this were true...a lot of people would be out of a job in sports media.
Not just Mina Kimes, but Grant Cohn and David Lombardi too.

Let's just disagree with her...because she's wrong.

Obviously it matters if you played, but not all these players were great football minds, plenty of them couldn't even break down a game as good jonny does. I look at someone like Marcus Spears at ESPN who is all personality, anytime he talks about other things than defensive line he doesn't sound smart at all.

I think she made a bit of hot take there, and it's right to criticize, but she hasn't said anything hundreds of other media people have said about Jimmy, and much worse. This is mainly because she's a woman, and it just brings out the ugly that some people have in them and it's obvious sexism.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
NY ranting for Mina the 12. Mina must have said something disparaging about Jimmy. Amirite? LOL

You're a girl dad, no? We got fans in here saying she isn't qualified to talk football and her opinion doesn't matter….Jeff Garcia goes off on her (and only her) saying she can't talk about this because she never played….never challenged any other analysis that said the same stuff about Jimmy all yr.

I could careless what she said about Jimmy…it has NOTHING to do about that. I'm piss with the way some of our fans have acted and a former player. Be better…That's all. I'm done

I'm just giving you a hard time.

Obviously, if this is the true passion behind your stance, I'm all about it.

Then again, as a girl dad, my daughter would never say something that stupid about our QB. LOL

Both of them were wrong to get their message out the way they did. Both of them were trying to say something which had validity to it but the method of the message was delivered in a way which incited a bad response from people hearing it.

Mina's point is that Jimmy is carried by the team and him being limited is accurate. Jimmy has a great team around him and he's got moments where he makes some really damaging mistakes where the team has to pick us up from.

Saying that in a way which basically says "Garoppolo does nothing to help the team" is BS.

That's what set off Garcia.

Garcia's point of "people shouldn't comment on how much impact a QB has on a team without knowing the little things that go into playing the position, prepping for games, impacting the team around you" basically falls apart because he comes off attacking Mina specifically and it comes off sexist and over the top.

A more calm comment about how people who haven't played in the league don't understand how much happens with the position to contribute to team wins regardless of stats on the field would've hit much better.

I'm going to stop watching murder mystery shows because I was saddened to learn that the show hosts had never committed a murder. Saw that on twitter and got a chuckle.
I seriously could careless about media (the enemy of the people) nonsense

all I know is Jeff Garcia was the QB when I really started watching the game at 9-10 years old, and he gave us plenty of fun memories from 2001-2002. The comeback against the Giants will always be one of my all-time favorites.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Mina Kimes ugly AF too

Yeah I don't find her attractive either, which makes her job even harder imo. She's not just some pretty face to look at, she's got to know her s**t to be on there.

whatever, just annoyed/ashamed of Jeff. Back to football.

This is where we disagree. You're telling me if you were at a dinner party at one of your ritzy friends house and they sat you next to her, you wouldn't be all over that. You have the salmon and she gets the chicken meal, but no potatoes because shes practicing keto. You ask her about that diet and that you've always been interested in it. She shows you this great app she's been using the past 4 months and she's lost some pounds but mainly got toned up. Then the conversation steers towards TV shows and that your guilty pleasure is Queer Eye on Netflix? Those episodes puts you in knots every time. You wouldn't be all over that?
Share 49ersWebzone