There are 248 users in the forums

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Originally posted by kray28:
Time to scrutinize what the Lambs have done in the playoffs:

1. One home game against a depleted and fading Cardinals team.
2. A road game against Brady where the Lambs played pretty well...but allowed a huge comeback and barely won.

Yep, we gonna take 'em out.
Garcia on that good coke! lol
I guess im crazy, but I think Akers is a better RB than Mitchell. Has the production backed that' up this year? No. I understand that.

However, I think if the players switched teams…Akers would outperform Mitchell. That's just my honest opinion. Maybe its homerism…

I think Akers is going to have a monster game this Sunday
[ Edited by ldhampton2s on Jan 28, 2022 at 8:02 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cortana49:
Originally posted by kray28:
Time to scrutinize what the Lambs have done in the playoffs:

1. One home game against a depleted and fading Cardinals team.
2. A road game against Brady where the Lambs played pretty well...but allowed a huge comeback and barely won.

Yep, we gonna take 'em out.

Yeah its a bad take by Garcia because its like a Director of a movie complaining about poor reviews by critics because they never made a movie. He should of just explained why she was wrong, but instead he went for the easy route. He was probably just angry hearing about all the flak JG is getting from the sports media, and went the wrong route for addressing it. Hopefully he learns and gets better.
Originally posted by ldhampton2s:
I guess im crazy, but I think Akers is a better RB than Mitchell. Has the production backed that' up this year? No. I understand that.

However, I think if the players switched teams…Akers would outperform Mitchell. That's just my honest opinion. Maybe its homerism…

I agree. The Shanahan running system is better, so whomever is the niners player will be more effective.
  • thl408

Even if Akers is a better RB than Mitchell, it's the 49ers DL versus the Rams interior OL that will be a mismatch in the 49ers favor. If the Rams win this game it won't be because of Akers, it will be because the Rams passing game is having success. Rams will not have a consistent rushing attack on Sunday.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Well this thread devolved quickly. Can the mods just rename it Mina Kimes and get a new pregame thread going

Let's look at their rookie years 625 vs 978 yards 4.2 vs 4.7 ypc. Eli Mitchell wins both handily. And he was doing it with teams absolutely selling out to stop the run.

So yeah, it's just homerism.
I'm certain I'm crazy, but it's delusional Akers is a better RB than Mitchell because the production hasn't backed that up this year. No. I understand that.

However, I think if the players switched teams…Akers would outperform Mitchell. I assert this despite saying the Rams have a better OL. That's just my honest opinion. Of course, it's homerism…

I have no reason to think Akers is going to have a monster game this Sunday
FIFY.
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on Jan 28, 2022 at 8:20 AM ]

I think Akers is a great RB. I'm not going to disagree that if you swap them his production might be better.

I will disagree that he will ball out this Sunday. I think he gets 18 attempts for 60 yds and possibly a TD. Niners run game is strong. Mattford will have to beat us with his arm. I think Shanahan counts on his mistakes.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DrEll:
Well this thread devolved quickly. Can the mods just rename it Mina Kimes and get a new pregame thread going

I know right, people getting all worked up over a woman. lol

Bros before hos, whatever happen to that.
boy it's sounding like there's gonna be a crazy amount of 49ers fans!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:
boy it's sounding like there's gonna be a crazy amount of 49ers fans!

I hope it's just a sea of red and Stafford can't hear s**t like last time but worse!!!!

So you're just making assumptions? Should we upgrade the 49er receivers and downgrade Kupp and OBJ because they wouldn't be as good with Jimmy G throwing to them as they are with Stafford?

Anything is possible but 49ers run defense has been playing very good recently. If Akers has a big game it's likely in the passing game.

And I'm sure the 49ers would take a big receiving game from Akers vs Kupp/OBJ/Higbee.
Share 49ersWebzone