There are 252 users in the forums

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by ldhampton2s:
I guess im crazy, but I think Akers is a better RB than Mitchell. Has the production backed that' up this year? No. I understand that.

However, I think if the players switched teams…Akers would outperform Mitchell. That's just my honest opinion. Maybe its homerism…

I think Akers is going to have a monster game this Sunday

Even if Akers is a better RB than Mitchell, it's the 49ers DL versus the Rams interior OL that will be a mismatch in the 49ers favor. If the Rams win this game it won't be because of Akers, it will be because the Rams passing game is having success. Rams will not have a consistent rushing attack on Sunday.

This
I guess im crazy, but I think Akers is a better RB than Mitchell. Has the production backed that' up this year? No. I understand that.

However, I think if the players switched teams…Akers would outperform Mitchell. That's just my honest opinion. Maybe its homerism…

I am interested in hearing about the intangibles and skillsets that Akers has that makes him better than Mitchell. This is not meant to be a disagreement with what you said, I don't know much about Akers at all. I have only seen Akers play a couple of times.

This would be a cool breakdown video of Akers vs Mitchell by Johnny Del

My thoughts on this discussion; it's too early to tell who the better back is. Give me two to three full seasons to make that assessment
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by thl408:

Even if Akers is a better RB than Mitchell, it's the 49ers DL versus the Rams interior OL that will be a mismatch in the 49ers favor. If the Rams win this game it won't be because of Akers, it will be because the Rams passing game is having success. Rams will not have a consistent rushing attack on Sunday.

This

It's what I'm hoping for.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

I am interested in hearing about the intangibles and skillsets that Akers has that makes him better than Mitchell. This is not meant to be a disagreement with what you said, I don't know much about Akers at all. I have only seen Akers play a couple of times.

My thoughts on this discussion; it's too early to tell who the better back is. Give me two to three full seasons to make that assessment

i honestly think theyre in same tier the difference is negligable

AKers just came back from a major injury too
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
boy it's sounding like there's gonna be a crazy amount of 49ers fans!

I hope it's just a sea of red and Stafford can't hear s**t like last time but worse!!!!

They already predicting 60-65% niner fans. We need more!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Two more wakeups.
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

i honestly think theyre in same tier the difference is negligable

AKers just came back from a major injury too

But the question is still valid. Injured or pre-injury what was seen that shows Akers is better than Mitchell????? For the record Mitchell is banged up too right now(knee). There is basically zero evidence suggesting Akers is better than Mitchell so curious how the determination couldve been made other than a personal preference or "hunch". If not for missing so many games Mitchell was headed for like a 1,300 yard season rushing. FWIW Mitchell is also faster than Akers. Guess Im missing something here.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Two more wakeups.

The NFL will do everything possible to get the Rams and Stafford in the Superbowl. Make no mistake about it.
Two more wakeups.

I wonder how nice the third wakeup will be....

Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
The NFL will do everything possible to get the Rams and Stafford in the Superbowl. Make no mistake about it.

i don't believe that.

I think there being a 49er rematch with the Chiefs or Bengals would be huge.

We already saw the "home" team host the super bowl in their own stadium last year, so it's not as exciting.

Plus their fans don't show out anyways.

LOL. And what exactly is that?

It'll boost the Rams market value in LA, for sure.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Two more wakeups.

I wonder how nice the third wakeup will be....

We can't worry about that s**t, the Niners handle their business everything will take care of itself. The fans just need to take over the stadium and the team needs to dominate.

Just be loud, just win.

That's it.
Agree

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 28, 2022 at 8:40 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone