There are 209 users in the forums

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Have a homie that really digs his conspiracy theories. He's a rams fan and swears McVay and Shanahan are such close buddies that they had a gentleman's agreement: McVay would let Shanahan into the playoffs on the condition that if they met there, Shanahan would let McVay win.

If we lose this is my excuse

Let's GOOO!
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 28, 2022 at 1:11 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Have a homie that really digs his conspiracy theories. He's a rams fan and swears McVay and Shanahan are such close buddies that they had a gentleman's agreement: McVay would let Shanahan into the playoffs on the condition that if they met there, Shanahan would let McVay win.

If we lose this is my excuse

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
you just know rams are gonna try fake punt/field goal in this game
B**** @$$ Mcvay

I'd expect something, unless the Rams are destroying us, which I don't think is likely.

If we're up by 2 scores and we look like once again we're taking their soul and punching them in the mouth he will no question.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Wow!

Lmaooooo
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Mind games

could have done some earlier stuff before the media showed up, go get that PT big cat. Still got two days to heal up.
I think the history of the last 6 games can be thrown out for this game. Each team knows the other about as well as they can. I'm just concerned that sooner or later the Rams will lay a complete game and not cough up a lead. That team has a lot of talented players that are probably tired of losing to the NIners. In a balanced league like the NFL the odds are in favor of the Rams having a good game. Last time we played them, they had just gotten Von Miller and he was a little injured. Now he's healthy. Same with OBJ. I really want to get another shot at a SB win but I don't have a good feeling about this game.

The Niners had several players that looked tired and beat up at the end of the Packers game. You can only recover so much in one week. The 49ers offense hasn't been great for the last couple of games so the defense is going to have to really keep the pressure on Stafford if they have any chance of winning. It's not realistic to expect JG to have a big game given his thumb injury so the D has to keep the score low and the running game needs to do it's part. No rocket science here since the Niners game plan for success has been the same ever since they started winning again.

One other point. I wonder if either team is going to try something different to surprise the other one since they know each other so well. Something like a no huddle offense on an entire drive. Some type of different look. Anything to try and gain an edge.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I think the history of the last 6 games can be thrown out for this game. Each team knows the other about as well as they can. I'm just concerned that sooner or later the Rams will lay a complete game and not cough up a lead. That team has a lot of talented players that are probably tired of losing to the NIners. In a balanced league like the NFL the odds are in favor of the Rams having a good game. Last time we played them, they had just gotten Von Miller and he was a little injured. Now he's healthy. Same with OBJ. I really want to get another shot at a SB win but I don't have a good feeling about this game.

The Niners had several players that looked tired and beat up at the end of the Packers game. You can only recover so much in one week. The 49ers offense hasn't been great for the last couple of games so the defense is going to have to really keep the pressure on Stafford if they have any chance of winning. It's not realistic to expect JG to have a big game given his thumb injury so the D has to keep the score low and the running game needs to do it's part. No rocket science here since the Niners game plan for success has been the same ever since they started winning again.

One other point. I wonder if either team is going to try something different to surprise the other one since they know each other so well. Something like a no huddle offense on an entire drive. Some type of different look. Anything to try and gain an edge.

They traded for Von Miller and OBJ before our week 10 matchup, so they were already there for 8 weeks when we played them again. They were fully up to speed in that game.

could have done some earlier stuff before the media showed up, go get that PT big cat. Still got two days to heal up.
him being is practice gear and on the field is a positive
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Even our boy is getting off the wagon...too bad too sad.

But he's picking the 9ers.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

OBJ and Miller played both games. Everyone is worn out and tired this time of year dont psych yourself out. You think the Rams arent tired after going cross country to Tampa? Niners also got to rest on Sunday (after playing Saturday) while the Rams were playing TB. Kupp has run one zillion routes this year you dont think he is a little beat up? It is what it is...i think the outcome of the game is simple albeit unpredictable. Whichever team runs the ball better, turns it over least and pressures the QB most will win. Worn out and beat up wont be a deciding factor cuz both teams gotta deal with that
Share 49ersWebzone