There are 196 users in the forums

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I think the history of the last 6 games can be thrown out for this game. Each team knows the other about as well as they can. I'm just concerned that sooner or later the Rams will lay a complete game and not cough up a lead. That team has a lot of talented players that are probably tired of losing to the NIners. In a balanced league like the NFL the odds are in favor of the Rams having a good game. Last time we played them, they had just gotten Von Miller and he was a little injured. Now he's healthy. Same with OBJ. I really want to get another shot at a SB win but I don't have a good feeling about this game.

The Niners had several players that looked tired and beat up at the end of the Packers game. You can only recover so much in one week. The 49ers offense hasn't been great for the last couple of games so the defense is going to have to really keep the pressure on Stafford if they have any chance of winning. It's not realistic to expect JG to have a big game given his thumb injury so the D has to keep the score low and the running game needs to do it's part. No rocket science here since the Niners game plan for success has been the same ever since they started winning again.

One other point. I wonder if either team is going to try something different to surprise the other one since they know each other so well. Something like a no huddle offense on an entire drive. Some type of different look. Anything to try and gain an edge.

we are all tired of losing to seattle too but that doesnt stop us from doing it every year!!! we gonna own the rams like we always own the rams

I love your confidence but it doesn't mean much. We didn't own the Rams in the last game. We got hammered in that first half. The second half we flipped the script and they were still in position to win at the end. I just don't know that the 49ers can keep allowing that to happen. If the defense plays well the entire game I'm confident they can win. If they allow the Rams to get ahead early I'm not so confident that the Niners can come back again. Comebacks often rely on weird plays like the blocked punt last week against GB. I doubt the Niners win last week without those 2 special teams plays. I hate to be in that position again where you have to hope for a big turnover or something.
our team better pack 3 weeks worth of clothes
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
our team better pack 3 weeks worth of clothes

Hell yeah!!!
If trent doesnt play, theyll need to keep Kittle in to block. That would be a blow
Originally posted by socalfan21:
If trent doesnt play, theyll need to keep Kittle in to block. That would be a blow

It would be, but all signs point to him playing. Walkthrough today, in uniform today. Also MM said he believes he will play on the radio an hour ago.
[ Edited by Leathaface on Jan 28, 2022 at 2:08 PM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
I think the history of the last 6 games can be thrown out for this game. Each team knows the other about as well as they can. I'm just concerned that sooner or later the Rams will lay a complete game and not cough up a lead. That team has a lot of talented players that are probably tired of losing to the NIners. In a balanced league like the NFL the odds are in favor of the Rams having a good game. Last time we played them, they had just gotten Von Miller and he was a little injured. Now he's healthy. Same with OBJ. I really want to get another shot at a SB win but I don't have a good feeling about this game.

The Niners had several players that looked tired and beat up at the end of the Packers game. You can only recover so much in one week. The 49ers offense hasn't been great for the last couple of games so the defense is going to have to really keep the pressure on Stafford if they have any chance of winning. It's not realistic to expect JG to have a big game given his thumb injury so the D has to keep the score low and the running game needs to do it's part. No rocket science here since the Niners game plan for success has been the same ever since they started winning again.

One other point. I wonder if either team is going to try something different to surprise the other one since they know each other so well. Something like a no huddle offense on an entire drive. Some type of different look. Anything to try and gain an edge.

we are all tired of losing to seattle too but that doesnt stop us from doing it every year!!! we gonna own the rams like we always own the rams

I love your confidence but it doesn't mean much. We didn't own the Rams in the last game. We got hammered in that first half. The second half we flipped the script and they were still in position to win at the end. I just don't know that the 49ers can keep allowing that to happen. If the defense plays well the entire game I'm confident they can win. If they allow the Rams to get ahead early I'm not so confident that the Niners can come back again. Comebacks often rely on weird plays like the blocked punt last week against GB. I doubt the Niners win last week without those 2 special teams plays. I hate to be in that position again where you have to hope for a big turnover or something.

That's one way to look at it. You could also say that we gave up 17 points in the first half in week 18, but only 17 points in the other 6 quarters plus OT combined. In that time period we've outscored them 55-17. That's pretty dominant.

Obviously, we can't ignore that first half in week 18, and we need to get off to a better start in this game, but it does tell us that we've dominated them the majority of the time.
Ahh the life of a 49er fan over the last 11 years. Get your hopes up, then crush them when you least expect it.

BUT NOT THIS YEAR
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Ahh the life of a 49er fan over the last 11 years. Get your hopes up, then crush them when you least expect it.

BUT NOT THIS YEAR

Nope. We got this.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by socalfan21:

It would be, but all signs point to him playing. Walkthrough today, in uniform today. Also MM said he believes he will play on the radio an hour ago.

He did? Oh good
Big cat is playing

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Big cat is playing

Man I really hope so. We need him. Keeping Kittle in to help block all the time doesn't sound great to me.
[ Edited by PA49ersfan on Jan 28, 2022 at 2:38 PM ]
Against Dallas, it was the QB, a LB and possibly another player (or two)
Against GB, it was the QB, a WR, and possibly another player (or two)
Against Rams, it is the QB, the WR, a DLine man, a LB, a CB, and a Kicker. This is a very good team, that also has multiple pro bowlers. I don't think either team is afraid of the other + we have that dreaded "law of averages".
Tough game, let's hope for the best.
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Big cat is playing

Man I really hope so. We need him. Keeping Kittle in to help block all the time doesn't sound great to me.

Wasn't Ambry Thomas questionable prior to the Packers game?
Calm down ppl. Trent will play.
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
Calm down ppl. Trent will play.

Let's hope so.
Share 49ersWebzone