There are 435 users in the forums

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
LA broke our hearts with the giants , please don't do it to the niners too, please win this one…

I had blocked that out of my mind. Thanks for the reminder
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
This news should increase the point spread. That's how much TW means to this offense. Hopefully we can pull it off again with McKivitz.

Not rly. All signs point that Trent will tough it out

If it's really a high ankle, he may be a liability. I'd hate to see him miss an opportunity to play in the SB, but also would hate for him to be a weakness on the line.

It's his right leg as well, which LT's drive off of to kick-slide. Not liking this news AT ALL.
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Jimmy with the pregame fumble.

Or was it a fumble? Seems like he really wanted to get that "high ankle" phrase in there. 49ers can't get in trouble if the QB is clueless about the injury.

Also Trent could be used as a situational FB, while mckivitz (so?) starts.
Goal line stand...we gon need the big fella at least once in the game
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Oh noes Jimmy revealed an injury. We're definitely losing the game

I'm not buying it until shanny says it is. Even then not buying it until final injury report comes out. This team has been cloudy on injuries all year and might be spoofing now.
Jimmy G didnt leak the news

KNBR has been talking about the injury all day

High ankle in the same spot as his ankle injury earlier in the year

Made it hard to tell if imaging was showing new damage or old damage

Hosts kept saying it was damage on top of the other damage...same spot
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

Ok so it's new high ankle damage on top of the old?
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jan 28, 2022 at 4:24 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

Ok so it's new high ankle damage on top of the old?

Yes...that was my understanding

Everyone is confused because no specifics but Greg Papa said as long as he doesnt have a doubtful designation he feels hopeful
  • 91til
  • Veteran
still got a good feeling about this game.
hes listed as questionable lol so he has a chance to play

Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by ldhampton2s:
I guess im crazy, but I think Akers is a better RB than Mitchell. Has the production backed that' up this year? No. I understand that.

However, I think if the players switched teams…Akers would outperform Mitchell. That's just my honest opinion. Maybe its homerism…

I think Akers is going to have a monster game this Sunday

So you're just making assumptions? Should we upgrade the 49er receivers and downgrade Kupp and OBJ because they wouldn't be as good with Jimmy G throwing to them as they are with Stafford?

Anything is possible but 49ers run defense has been playing very good recently. If Akers has a big game it's likely in the passing game.

And I'm sure the 49ers would take a big receiving game from Akers vs Kupp/OBJ/Higbee.

Exactly Genus. I guess the niners receivers would be better than the Rams because of their passing offense and better quarterback. It's so great to make those type of arguments.

It's even better to take the opponents best quality and claim one of your players is going to exploit that quality. Yeah Akers running over our elite run defense? I guess whoever's playing against Ramsey is going to destroy him? See how stupid that sounds?

Also, you have to love how we always whip the Rams ass with significant players out on our side. That's sad that they can't even beat us without some of our best people playing. Both Trent Williams and K Williams were out last game and we still won. Sad times. If they had and all pro left tackle out and a nickel corner we would absolutely destroy them by even more
[ Edited by elguapo on Jan 28, 2022 at 4:33 PM ]
https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/amp/Kyle-Shanahan-gives-cagey-answer-on-trent-williams-16814733.php

😐 😐 😐
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Big cat is playing

Jimmy hush up

So big cat playing or not? All misinformation?

The game has already begun. Mcvay is going to put Donald on Trent thinking he's hurt.
NFLN giving the "edge" to the Rams in all facets except Special Teams & Swagger.
Originally posted by Heed49er:
NFLN giving the "edge" to the Rams in all facets except Special Teams & Swagger.

And 2 out of 3 picked the 9ers :)
Share 49ersWebzone