There are 231 users in the forums

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by 49erminion:
Aren't you all worried about running Deebo as a RB as Kyle has been the past three games? He's getting roughed up and is bound to get hurt. I hope this is the last season we do this. And man do we miss a healthy Jeff Wilson. I hope E. Mitchell has the game of his life tomorrow.

I think going forward they would use him less as a RB (in the regular season), but that is his game and what makes him great. Perhaps an average of 5 carries a game.

In the playoff, it is do or die, so around 10 carries a game is fine.

The one thing I really don't like about shanny, he will ride (insert player here) until they get hurt. Whether its Deebo or Mitchell. Mitchell is really a head scratcher to me. If mitchell gets hurt that really hurts our running game. No reason to not split time between him and wilson jr. WJ was running his a$$ off while mitchell was out too. Deebo is a stud and will do exactly whats asked of him. He'll play hurt and thats kinda scaary cause we really need deebo. Shanny should be choosing his spots to use him but unfortunaltey, we have to account for other positions that aren't performing right now.

I think Wilson is injured. They should use Sermon to spell Deebo and Mitchell. He is a bigger back and has fresh legs.
Niners vs Rams will be the 4th time since 2002 that division rivals face off in the conference championship. The winner of the previous 3 went on to win the super bowl
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Aren't you all worried about running Deebo as a RB as Kyle has been the past three games? He's getting roughed up and is bound to get hurt. I hope this is the last season we do this. And man do we miss a healthy Jeff Wilson. I hope E. Mitchell has the game of his life tomorrow.

I think going forward they would use him less as a RB (in the regular season), but that is his game and what makes him great. Perhaps an average of 5 carries a game.

The one thing I really don't like about shanny, he will ride (insert player here) until they get hurt. Whether its Deebo or Mitchell. Mitchell is really a head scratcher to me. If mitchell gets hurt that really hurts our running game. No reason to not split time between him and wilson jr. WJ was running his a$$ off while mitchell was out too. Deebo is a stud and will do exactly whats asked of him. He'll play hurt and thats kinda scaary cause we really need deebo. Shanny should be choosing his spots to use him but unfortunaltey, we have to account for other positions that aren't performing right now.

I think Wilson is injured. They should use Sermon to spell Deebo and Mitchell. He is a bigger back and has fresh legs.

Thanks, forgot that wilson was injured. But your right about sermon, he's back and could be used to give mitchell and Deebo breathers.

Really dumb take. This is football, not golf lol. Would you rather he not use them like that and lose? Any coach more concerned with that over winning can GTFO. Not to mention there is little chance most of the players finish their career with our team anyway. Why not take advantage of them as much as possible while they're here?
[ Edited by NotAFinga42 on Jan 29, 2022 at 10:46 AM ]
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:

Really dumb take. This is football, not golf lol. Would you rather he not use them like that and lose? Any coach more concerned with that over winning can GTFO. Not to mention there is little chance most of the players finish their career with our team anyway. Why not take advantage of them as much as possible while they're here?

we should without running them into the ground. shanny runs guys into the ground thats just an additional factor to our injury problem. mitchell is a great example. why tf couldnt wilson get more carries this season when he was healthy?? he could. wilson is a good RB. but shanny just overuses guys an he overused mitchell to the point that he developed a knee problem. look at why we started using deebo, cause we ran out of RBs. why cant he let hasty get some touches? hasty gets yards. wev seen him do it. but no, funnell it all through one player only so he gets worn down. its gotten us this far but its gonna come back to bite us in the ass....
Originally posted by stefano89:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:

we should without running them into the ground. shanny runs guys into the ground thats just an additional factor to our injury problem. mitchell is a great example. why tf couldnt wilson get more carries this season when he was healthy?? he could. wilson is a good RB. but shanny just overuses guys an he overused mitchell to the point that he developed a knee problem. look at why we started using deebo, cause we ran out of RBs. why cant he let hasty get some touches? hasty gets yards. wev seen him do it. but no, funnell it all through one player only so he gets worn down. its gotten us this far but its gonna come back to bite us in the ass....

And that is why we are in the NFCCG! I'm not questioning a damn thing coach does. And I guarantee you the players don't either.
[ Edited by NotAFinga42 on Jan 29, 2022 at 10:58 AM ]

motion pre-snap is free, have no idea what more teams don't do it.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 29, 2022 at 11:00 AM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Kittle let's get savage tomorrow

Dang it! I was supposed to post that yesterday!.. left the tab open on the side for a while now.

Oh well, I hope Kyle showed this clip to the whole team... especially Jimmy. Do your part and get this wounded Warrior back to the Super Bowl!
Maybe also show the defense that it's a 4 quarter game and to not give up 21 points in the 4th. Also show them the bucs syperbowl as a way defense is supposed to finish a game.

+1

That team took it's foot off the gas and gave KC some breathing room to come back. You play all 4 quarters.

Originally posted by BYisGod:
Guys, I have some bad news, apparently we shouldn't even bother showing up because it's guaranteed to be a Rams blowout according to Bill Plaschke. The Rams' roster is allegedly so vastly superior that we cannot possibly compete.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/story/2022-01-28/los-angeles-rams-san-francisco-49ers-nfc-championship-prediction?_amp=true

Jesus it's like this guy doesn't watch football. Journalism is so amazingly terrible now.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Guys, I have some bad news, apparently we shouldn't even bother showing up because it's guaranteed to be a Rams blowout according to Bill Plaschke. The Rams' roster is allegedly so vastly superior that we cannot possibly compete.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/story/2022-01-28/los-angeles-rams-san-francisco-49ers-nfc-championship-prediction?_amp=true

Jesus it's like this guy doesn't watch football. Journalism is so amazingly terrible now.

Practically all of the talking heads or homers taking the Rams start their argument with "They have the star power"
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jan 29, 2022 at 11:07 AM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Practically all of the talking heads or homers taking the Rams start their argument with "They have the star power"

I mean look it's true they do have star power and they are rolling right now but it isn't going to be blowout from either team. This will come down to a few points IMO. They act like SF is some college team.
I mean look it's true they do have star power and they are rolling right now but it isn't going to be blowout from either team. This will come down to a few points IMO. They act like SF is some college team.

Niners got all kinds of studs on their team just as well.
i live in LA and Bill Plaschke is notoriously wrong on most of his takes
Share 49ersWebzone