There are 120 users in the forums

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
It's evident the Bucs matchups were terrible. Their best RB was coming from an injury, and you can't beat the Rams if you don't run the football. Their offense fell just in the strenghts of the Rams defense, which is the pass defense on long yardage situations.
Todd Bowles defense has always been blitz happy, and Stafford plays well when he gets blitzed and has to get rid of the ball quickly, he knows his targets are 1 on 1. Kupp being so wide open on that last drive had no excuse.
But the Rams had butter on their hands... and guess which defense leads the league in forced fumbles?
Again, I don't trust Jimmy G winning the game. But he has played complete ass ever since the Titans TNF and yet the team keeps winning these must win games.

He did pretty well against the Rams week 18, otherwise we wouldn't be here
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Jan 23, 2022 at 5:42 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Rascal:
One thing for sure, I would take Donald and his crew over Packers' D-line any day. The Packers' D-line owned our O-line and won most of one-on-ones, may be apart from Trent. That taught me to never look at the PFF rankings again, is total BS!!

Whats BS about them? O line play is terrible league wide.

All the rankings on O-lines and D-lines are BS. Ranking Packers' O-line as 14th is BS, it took a long time before our pass rush could get through. As for their D-line ranked at 13th was massively underrated. We couldn't run the ball for most of the game until pretty much towards the end of the game. Mtchell only had 53 yards on 17 carries. Back in 2019 in the playoffs, Mostert ran 220 yards on them. Plus, Jimmy G was under duress all night. Did you watch the CBS Bay Area halftime show? Even Joe Staley was saying our O-line was getting owned and Jimmy G was just getting way too much pressure.

Didn't the Packers have some D-line guys out the majority of the season? I also thought their D-line played exceptionally well, but it isn't their norm. Not that their D-line is bad, but imagine a Packers fan thinking our special teams is great right now because of last night? It was a game in which the Packer defense had their best outing since Dom Capers was calling plays or maybe even go back to Reggie White, Leroy Butler, etc. They were that good, but that isn't their normal. If it were, they would've been 16-1 this year.

The packers also had a BYE week to rest so them being "physical" was just being healthier and more rested than our guys at the start

Trent Williams was limping all game

But when everyone was tired in the 4th quarter the players that wanted it more were the battle tested road warriors
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
It's evident the Bucs matchups were terrible. Their best RB was coming from an injury, and you can't beat the Rams if you don't run the football. Their offense fell just in the strenghts of the Rams defense, which is the pass defense on long yardage situations.
Todd Bowles defense has always been blitz happy, and Stafford plays well when he gets blitzed and has to get rid of the ball quickly, he knows his targets are 1 on 1. Kupp being so wide open on that last drive had no excuse.
But the Rams had butter on their hands... and guess which defense leads the league in forced fumbles?
Again, I don't trust Jimmy G winning the game. But he has played complete ass ever since the Titans TNF and yet the team keeps winning these must win games.

He did pretty well against the Rams week 18, otherwise we wouldn't be here

Well yeah he played great for the clutch when it mattered, it's a rollercoaster of emotions. I hope an extra day of rest, and LA being basically a second home game, will help him heal that shoulder.
Bad Stafford vs. Bad Jimmy
I can careless if Grappy throws another INT, he is what he is.. but what we need to do is NOT fall behind 17-0 again.. I expect the Lambs to be ANGRY, so we have to be smart and very detail next weekend.

WE'VE GOTS TO RUN IT !!! WE'VE GOTSSS TO RUN ITTTTTTT !!!!
The Rams are trying to be like us, they are learning that in the NFC west you have to play bully ball because of us.

but the Rams are fake tough guys, more greatest show on turf than "who's got it better than us!" We should continue to make them play our style of football.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
The Rams are trying to be like us, they are learning that in the NFC west you have to play bully ball because of us.

but the Rams are fake tough guys, more greatest show on turf than "who's got it better than us!" We should continue to make them play our style of football.

their LBs are so weak in coverage, Shanny needs to exploit this all game long.. ALLL GAMEEE LONGGGG !!!

GO NINERSSSS !!!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
I can careless if Grappy throws another INT, he is what he is.. but what we need to do is NOT fall behind 17-0 again.. I expect the Lambs to be ANGRY, so we have to be smart and very detail next weekend.

WE'VE GOTS TO RUN IT !!! WE'VE GOTSSS TO RUN ITTTTTTT !!!!

Everyone in the league knows the strategy to beat the 49ers is to stop the run and defend the middle of the field, put the game on Jimmy hands. But most teams fail to do so because it's much easier said than done. And hopefully the defense keeps feasting because they have been elite the past 2 months or so.
Is Kittle finally going to have a big game or nah?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Hopefully

Have to say that I would have preferred the Bucs. As has been noted by others it's tough to beat the same team three times in a season. Plus I just think the Brady/Jimmy G angle would have given it a nice touch. Hopefully the team will approach this game as they have the last few and t aske nothing for granted. Go Niners

Big game blocking.
What's the deal with mostert, verrett and kinlaw? Any chance of a return?
yeah, blocking
I don't love the matchup, but hey, we gotta take care of business!
Share 49ersWebzone