There are 117 users in the forums

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers at LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2021 Season NFC Championship Game

Originally posted by Adman311:
What's the deal with mostert, verrett and kinlaw? Any chance of a return?

You just became a 9ers fan? Lol
f**k the Rams
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
Originally posted by 9moon:
I can careless if Grappy throws another INT, he is what he is.. but what we need to do is NOT fall behind 17-0 again.. I expect the Lambs to be ANGRY, so we have to be smart and very detail next weekend.

WE'VE GOTS TO RUN IT !!! WE'VE GOTSSS TO RUN ITTTTTTT !!!!

Everyone in the league knows the strategy to beat the 49ers is to stop the run and defend the middle of the field, put the game on Jimmy hands. But most teams fail to do so because it's much easier said than done. And hopefully the defense keeps feasting because they have been elite the past 2 months or so.

Indeed. I'm hoping we can hit Aiyuk some. I feel he can have a bit day with all of the focus everywhere else. Same with Kittle. Just try to hold that ball for 40 minutes if we can.
Originally posted by Rascal:
All the rankings on O-lines and D-lines are BS. Ranking Packers' O-line as 14th is BS, it took a long time before our pass rush could get through. As for their D-line ranked at 13th was massively underrated. We couldn't run the ball for most of the game until pretty much towards the end of the game. Mtchell only had 53 yards on 17 carries. Back in 2019 in the playoffs, Mostert ran 220 yards on them. Plus, Jimmy G was under duress all night. Did you watch the CBS Bay Area halftime show? Even Joe Staley was saying our O-line was getting owned and Jimmy G was just getting way too much pressure.

Is it possible they were ranked lower because
Za'Darius Smith was out since week 1 and activated for our game, along with Whitney Mercilus? Those dudes are good, could be why they played better than their ranking….
I'm just glad we get a day extra rest.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I can careless if Grappy throws another INT, he is what he is.. but what we need to do is NOT fall behind 17-0 again.. I expect the Lambs to be ANGRY, so we have to be smart and very detail next weekend.

Everyone in the league knows the strategy to beat the 49ers is to stop the run and defend the middle of the field, put the game on Jimmy hands. But most teams fail to do so because it's much easier said than done. And hopefully the defense keeps feasting because they have been elite the past 2 months or so.

Indeed. I'm hoping we can hit Aiyuk some. I feel he can have a bit day with all of the focus everywhere else. Same with Kittle. Just try to hold that ball for 40 minutes if we can.

And also the fact the Rams are very thin at the safety position. Last time Jennings dominated and had a monster game. Kittle was pretty much helping the backup LT block Von Miller so he wasn't much of a factor.
Aiyuk is great in one on one as he can get open at will. Deebo is great in zone as he will exploit those holes and truck defenders.
The worst matchups for Jimmy are teams with great physical DL and great LB. Reason why it's great the game isn't against Tampa.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Yes this is big. And also an extra day for Shanahan and the crew to plan.
Originally posted by BYisGod:
I don't love the matchup, but hey, we gotta take care of business!

Not like we swept them and beat them 6 straight or anything
Originally posted by SFTifoso:

And the fact the game is at California so they can stay at home.

And also the fact the Rams are very thin at the safety position. Last time Jennings dominated and had a monster game. Kittle was pretty much helping the backup LT block Von Miller so he wasn't much of a factor.
Aiyuk is great in one on one as he can get open at will. Deebo is great in zone as he will exploit those holes and truck defenders.
The worst matchups for Jimmy are teams with great physical DL and great LB. Reason why it's great the game isn't against Tampa.

Yep. Then throw in Brady in a championship game. No thank you
Originally posted by SFTifoso:

And the fact the game is at California so they can stay at home.

And LA had to fly back home from FL. Those extra 5 hours help as well.
Can't get over confident, we can easily lose this game. Offense got to show up right at the start, bad Jimmie have to take a back seat. I bet we get everything Rams got!! Let's go Niners!!!
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Have to say that I would have preferred the Bucs. As has been noted by others it's tough to beat the same team three times in a season. Plus I just think the Brady/Jimmy G angle would have given it a nice touch. Hopefully the team will approach this game as they have the last few and t aske nothing for granted. Go Niners

Enough of how it's hard to beat a team 3X. Each game is its own game. Also, we BARELY won that last game last second. So, could just forget about what the final score was and say THAT was their good game against us. I see us dominating this game against them like we did our 1st meeting.

Yup. The guys know what's on the line. I just hope Jimmy throws it away if he breaks the pocket and there are defenders near a player. Minus a shovel pass or something similar to a wide open player, he's not getting that ball in there.
Share 49ersWebzone