LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 271 users in the forums

Brian Schneider ST coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Found the thread!!! I knew we had to find something to b***h about

Hey, special teams completely sucked today and made a non game a game.

if it wasn't for incredible d, this would have been a close game with all the short fields we gave carolina and s**tty kick blocking.

what the,

dwe won by 20+ points and i dont think they got closer than 10-3
Injuries cannot a coach overcome.

Even Hightower was excused for some of this splash over effect.

I even thought I saw somewhere that Pepper was playing D.
Nobody's concerned about ST? Ray Ray fumbled twice on returns this season, and Robbie Gould is now injured sacrificing his 150 pound body to stop two return TDs. We're supposed to have a much better ST this year
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I wish our kickers could kick the ball out of the end zone. Would solve a lot of problems.
Originally posted by Antix:
I wish our kickers could kick the ball out of the end zone. Would solve a lot of problems.

We gotta find a special teamer that can do this! Our Defense should always face teams at 25.
Can't believe that with all the time these kickers have to "practice", Wish can't kick a short field goal....high school kids can do it, and he has an elite leg. C'mon! Also, as said above, can't we kick it through the endzone...everytime!? Those short kickoffs changed the momentum at the time. Panthers had nothing going from under center, and they were given a chance with kickoff returns in a broken field situation.

I agree, let Gould kick the field goals and extra points and hire another to kick it into the endzone.
Originally posted by golfish:

I agree, let Gould kick the field goals and extra points and hire another to kick it into the endzone.

The only reason I agree with you two is because our kick coverage is below average. If our kick coverage was average or better, I would want our kickers kicking the ball to the goalline or right before. A touchback on kickoffs brings the ball to the 25 yard line. The average kick return in the NFL is less than 25 yards.
You know I started the Hightower thread to bring awareness to a big weakness on the team.

And here we are again!
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 10, 2022 at 2:06 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
You know I started the Hightower thread to bring awareness to a big weakness on the team.

And here we are again!

Well I guess you could now loop this problem to the other thread where you started analysing injuries. LOL

Missing Al Shaair on coverage and at least one other has an effect. I.e. depth issues weakens ST coverage the most.

But I was like you, hoping to see a little more than Gould missing FGs, blocked attempts and short KO's/bad cover.

We know who Mitch and Tabor are but where is that lustre we desire?

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
The only reason I agree with you two is because our kick coverage is below average. If our kick coverage was average or better, I would want our kickers kicking the ball to the goalline or right before. A touchback on kickoffs brings the ball to the 25 yard line. The average kick return in the NFL is less than 25 yards.

And that is where Mitch used to kick it to mostly as well as Gould. Are they neglecting the coverage but keeping their stars out?

a special teams coach from Seattle really going to come here to improve their division rivals team???

[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Oct 11, 2022 at 1:46 AM ]
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

a special teams coach from Seattle really going to come here to improve their division rivals team???

That's ice cold.

But we did have Richard Sherman.........
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

That's ice cold.

But we did have Richard Sherman.........

Seriously. Like, a coach is going to join a new team and not try his utmost to improve that team! Like, his loyalty to a previous team is greater than his loyalty to his own career? Really, something this place just leaves you shaking your head and wondering about some people.
Originally posted by English:
Seriously. Like, a coach is going to join a new team and not try his utmost to improve that team! Like, his loyalty to a previous team is greater than his loyalty to his own career? Really, something this place just leaves you shaking your head and wondering about some people.

Josh McDaniels and his screw job of Indy says hi
Share 49ersWebzone