LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 280 users in the forums

Brian Schneider ST coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online
29th coming in. 32nd for sure now.
Toub's team ran laps over our ST's, same way we were trucked on Defense.
What happened to the FA special team aces we picked up this off-season. Doesn't make up for poor coaching.
I have beef with the special teams minus Robbie Gould and Wishnowsky. It seems like every single game the opposing team is returning kickoffs or punts for LARGE gains. Today the Chiefs ST units were right up in our face everytime we got the kickoff and tackled the returner for a abysmal gain. This is happening on a weekly basis. Ray Ray is definitely not a very good returner.

Granted, we did get a special teams fumble recovery, but that was more of an error on the chiefs punt returner for not coming up closer to catch the ball.
We got rid our ST coach from last year, signed like 3 ST "aces" supposedly in the offseason, and somehow our ST unit is WORSE than last year??
We supposedly invested in Special Teams too
that time where Ray Ray got tacked by a single guy running at him (which happened twice) was why we spent resources @ special teams in the off season ami rite?
Originally posted by Leathaface:
We got rid our ST coach from last year, signed like 3 ST "aces" supposedly in the offseason, and somehow our ST unit is WORSE than last year??

Remarkable.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
that time where Ray Ray got tacked by a single guy running at him (which happened twice) was why we spent resources @ special teams in the off season ami rite?

Ray ray needs to kneel the ball… every time. No exceptions
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Ray ray needs to kneel the ball… every time. No exceptions

This. Plus kick the damn ball into the endzone. No run backs and less injuries and penalties. Tired of watching them kick it to the 5 and the returner burns our coverage.

Originally posted by leakyfausett:
This. Plus kick the damn ball into the endzone. No run backs and less injuries and penalties. Tired of watching them kick it to the 5 and the returner burns our coverage.

these two points were my primary rants last night. If we can agree that we need to play perfect to beat the chiefs, why do we keep insisting on letting them return our kickoffs… we suck at covering… and why do we keep running them out…. We suck at returning!

"coach Kyle, I got an idea… remember two weeks ago when our kicker got hurt because we couldn't cover kickoffs… I'm going to keep doing that!"

"Coach Kyle…do you enjoy the less-than-league average field position I keep getting you on kickoff return??!! I'm gonna keep running ray ray out of the end zone cool?"

stupid f**k. How does this dude have a job?
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Oct 24, 2022 at 12:53 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
And I thought hightower was bad....
if it makes us feel better, the Packers spent resources on their special teams in the off season as well and they're doing pretty bad too lol.
This guy needs to change some guys up or change some choices they are making on special teams to improve our results during the games
DL noted we're 32nd in kickoff returns, 29th in kickoff coverage but significantly better in punts/coverage.

26th unit overall ATM.

Yet we keep doing the same things.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 26, 2022 at 8:58 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone