LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 257 users in the forums

Brian Schneider ST coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Wish and Gould are fantastic imo, but the coverage on kickoffs and returns in general is s**t so far.
Somehow our ST actually got worse even though we spent a bunch of $$ trying to improve it
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Somehow our ST actually got worse even though we spent a bunch of $$ trying to improve it

The coverage/tackling has been bad and Ray Ray just seems timid with little vision, but I feel like its because he literally has no lanes so I am not really blaming him at this time.
Needs to be fired. Worse than Hightower just better personnel (no Cannon returning kicks).

We are giving up huge returns in every game. We need Gould to kick it as deep into the endzone on every kickoff no matter what (if he doesn't have the leg to do then get Wish to do it no more f**king excuses that he needs to JUST focus on punting game like he can't just practice kickoffs a few times a week). Honestly I am fine signing another kicker to do it because our tackling is atrocious and not going to be fixed until the ST coach is fired.

Also tell Ray Ray to let every single kickoff return go into the endzone no matter what. Our blocking is beyond atrocious and if a play is somehow blocked well then it is coming back due to a holding. This led to a sack last game. We can't afford to start behind the 25 with our limited QB and struggling offense.
Originally posted by frenchmov:

I said this in another post a few days ago. Like, seriously, how is this even possible? SMH.
Why was the game plan to kick the ball short of the endonze on kickoffs? They had some nice gains when we did that a couple times in the first half.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Why was the game plan to kick the ball short of the endonze on kickoffs? They had some nice gains when we did that a couple times in the first half.

Probably expected our players to be well coached and make the tackle short of the 25 yard. They definitely had the opportunity to make the tackle before the 25 yard on a few kickoffs.
Originally posted by miked1978:

Yeah...I heard another Podcaster talking about these angle kicks/blocking. At some point you gotta recognize your personnel isn't good enough against quality ST returners and blockers. This was one of those games and it cost us dearly coming right out of the half that absolutely killed any chance of momentum.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 26, 2022 at 5:42 PM ]
This f**king dude better tighten s**t up if we don't have a leg to kick it through the f**king end zone. Every return felt like it was just about to pop.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
This f**king dude better tighten s**t up if we don't have a leg to kick it through the f**king end zone. Every return felt like it was just about to pop.

STs been a roller coaster for a while now.

They have the leg though. Don't buy what the coaches are selling, kickers are being coached to go short to try and pin inside 25.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

They have the leg though. Don't buy what the coaches are selling, kickers are being coached to go short to try and pin inside 25.

I thought Kyle was asked about that and he said no they aren't being told to kick it short.
I thought Kyle was asked about that and he said no they aren't being told to kick it short.

He was. Don't buy it. I watch the set ups closely and it's not consistent. Hell Moody has a huge leg and he didn't get every kickoff into the endzone in the preseason.

One of those coach speak lies.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

He was. Don't buy it. I watch the set ups closely and it's not consistent. Hell Moody has a huge leg and he didn't get every kickoff into the endzone in the preseason.

One of those coach speak lies.

It's possible he lies. I don't get why he would lie. But our kickers do out more air on a kick if they are trying to bomb it through the end zone they could just line drive it out the endzone.
this guy is a spy for the seahawks im telling you guys...
Share 49ersWebzone