There are 110 users in the forums

Niners sign CB Charvarius "Mooney" Ward

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by lamontb:
he's just an average CB. Not terrible. But don't expect him to lock ppl down

I think he's above average, sure he's made some mistakes but overall he's been a stud for the 49ers.

wouldn't call him a STUD now, c'mon... but he's been worth every penny IMO
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
I like Ward, but if we get a tight ass official that won't let them play he gets a bunch of penalties
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by lamontb:
he's just an average CB. Not terrible. But don't expect him to lock ppl down

I think he's above average, sure he's made some mistakes but overall he's been a stud for the 49ers.

wouldn't call him a STUD now, c'mon... but he's been worth every penny IMO

He was a stud last season, maybe not vs KC but his PFF numbers were top 10.
It's been so long since the 49ers have had an elite corner, Ward is probably the best we've had in my lifetime and I'm 31. :/
Originally posted by Waterbear:
It's been so long since the 49ers have had an elite corner, Ward is probably the best we've had in my lifetime and I'm 31. :/

Jason Verrett played almost an entire season and you don't even give him credit for it.

Dam bruh. We gotta win one for the younger Niners fan. This really depressed me.

Kinda crazy because one could argue we never won a superbowl without an elite secondary, elite as in arguably best in the league.

This summer I re-watched a ton of old games, guys like Lott and Hanks were gifted CBs...pretty crazy when you have the luxury of move those types of players to safety.

Ward is a gifted guy, but CBs need a ton of help, even D Sanders could not turn a defense around alone.

Lucky for the 49ers they have everything else in place...they should over draft CB and OLine and see who sticks.
Originally posted by Dshearn:

Kinda crazy because one could argue we never won a superbowl without an elite secondary, elite as in arguably best in the league.

This summer I re-watched a ton of old games, guys like Lott and Hanks were gifted CBs...pretty crazy when you have the luxury of move those types of players to safety.

Ward is a gifted guy, but CBs need a ton of help, even D Sanders could not turn a defense around alone.

Lucky for the 49ers they have everything else in place...they should over draft CB and OLine and see who sticks.

that's why it's a HEAD SCRATCHER when you draft a RB early (2022) and a project TE (2023) when it's obvious that we needed a CB and/or an OL.... and if you think about it, we did not even need to draft a FS (2023) because Gip and Huff were so good last year...

we could have targeted those positions ... damn damn damn..

unless 2 and 20 really made Shanny believe that they can start.
that's why it's a HEAD SCRATCHER when you draft a RB early (2022) and a project TE (2023) when it's obvious that we needed a CB and/or an OL.... and if you think about it, we did not even need to draft a FS (2023) because Gip and Huff were so good last year...

Don't talk about our draft prioritization. Please.
Charvy at 75 pff. If he made the grab at half time probably an extra 3 points. Hes solid. Worth an extension. Our d sux but hes doing well. Good job.

Yes that was weird and stupid, esp. reaching for a low ceiling project TE and passing on CB and OL
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Jason Verrett played almost an entire season and you don't even give him credit for it.

Lol 😎
Originally posted by Dshearn:

Those picks bother me far more than the Trey trade even though. The 3rd round has been the most wasteful.

I'm 34. Carlos Rogers IMO was better than Ward. I loved him and Tarell Brown. That defense was so so good.
He's well above average. Get out of here with that. Elite shut down corners don't grow on trees in all NFL history. The expectations are wildly unrealistic.

You should be able to get to the QB with the front 7 we have. Except we can't. Most of us understand why.
Share 49ersWebzone