There are 183 users in the forums

Niners sign CB Charvarius "Mooney" Ward

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Pro bowl starter.

Earned himself a $250K bonus(NLTBE Incentive) and can earn another $250K if he's named an All-Pro.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Pro bowl starter.

Earned himself a $250K bonus(NLTBE Incentive) and can earn another $250K if he's named an All-Pro.

What's the difference between a Pro Bowl Starter and an All-Pro? I always thought they were the same.
Originally posted by father49er:
Pro bowl starter.

What's the difference between a Pro Bowl Starter and an All-Pro? I always thought they were the same.

All-pro is voted on by AP media members I think. Sounds like the pro-bowl is fan voting.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Pro bowl starter.

All-pro is voted on by AP media members I think. Sounds like the pro-bowl is fan voting.

Ah, thanks.
Pro bowl starter.

Ah, thanks.

Pro Bowl is 1/3rd fan voting, 1/3rd players voting, 1/3rd coaches voting.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Pro bowl starter.

Pro bowl is pretty meaningless and is a popularity contest mostly. All Pro is the actual AP writer's selections for the best players at their positions in the league. Also AP MVP, AP defensive player of the year, etc.. It's the formal awards.
This was the one guy on the Niners I was hoping would finally make the pro bowl! So glad he got in... He deserves it! Way to go Mooney Ward!
Pro bowl starter.

All Pro is more prestigious than the pro bowl
Originally posted by lamontb:
Pro bowl starter.

All Pro is more prestigious than the pro bowl

lol I remember when our own fan base, ie people here, were upset that Huff got the All Pro nod, specifically, over Derwin James. That was when both Pro Bowl and All Pro were popularity contests to some
Originally posted by 49ers808:
lol I remember when our own fan base, ie people here, were upset that Huff got the All Pro nod, specifically, over Derwin James. That was when both Pro Bowl and All Pro were popularity contests to some

So true. Our boy Hufanga was a turnover machine not to mention was excellent at game changing plays like sacks or hits behind the line of scrimmage. We really miss him this year. People don't see that as much, but we have only recovered a few fumbles, and he was always in the right spot in terms of turnovers.

Ward is absolutely playing like a top five corner in the league

AP Mooney
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

It's crazy that this went undrafted. He's a f**king baller.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

It's crazy that this went undrafted. He's a f**king baller.

Wasn't his best game, but that was a big stop by him.
WE lose if he doesn't make that stop.
Share 49ersWebzone