There are 136 users in the forums

Niners sign LB Oren Burks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
2 years/$5MM.

Interesting signing. Flanigan-Fowles was tendered, I dont recall if Al-Shaair was...?

Could this mean Greenlaw gets traded?
Special teams signing more than anything.
Hmmm liked him in college
Originally posted by IGSXIII:

Probably, yes.
a 3rd pick that sat behind some super stars. He could be the next Aziz
Who?
I was wondering why we signed a LB. Makes sense for special teams but we do pretty well drafting at that position, save for Reuben Foster.
He's going to tear it up here.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Hmmm liked him in college

Same
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Probably, yes.

Agree. Our linebackers are solid. I would rather have a solid secondary and an average/good LB corps, but it is what it is. Hopefully Chevarius helps the pass defense in 2022. Yeah, lots of *hope* there.

Coaching staff been pretty good with LB evaluation and development. Let's see what they can do for Burks
I thought we are strapped for cap cash.. can't we draft someone cheaper and spend money for players that will actually make an impact?

Yes.
Most important to beef up special teams since we don't want the players who tackle, block, and carry the ball the best get hurt.
Originally posted by kazak13:
I thought we are strapped for cap cash.. can't we draft someone cheaper and spend money for players that will actually make an impact?

Impacting ST is probably more valuable this year than a rotational LB like Fowles was last year.
Share 49ersWebzone