There are 206 users in the forums

Drake Jackson-DE-USC, 2nd Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nothing can be as bad as that Joe Williams trade up and whiffing at no.3 but man I'm so dissapointed in our picks. So so so dissapointed.
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
Nothing can be as bad as that Joe Williams trade up and whiffing at no.3 but man I'm so dissapointed in our picks. So so so dissapointed.

it's the KS10 trend... yah'll gotta be used to it by now..

I call it the RB Itch and it had to be scratched ...

Joe " The Bum " Williams

Trey " The Minister " Sermon

and now.... introducing... Tyrion Davis " if the Price " is Right !!!
Though I hoped for center/guard or safety, I'm pleased with this pick. Someone might have to go (stacked on D-line)... Jackson's taking a spot on the roster, he might be starting near the end of the season (or sooner) just on time for the playoffs
I love the guys attitude.

Didn't watch him play, but his highlights show a guy that can really close that last yard. The picks help too, appears to be a guy that knows were the ball is and can react.

With any luck our young DL guys and OL guys spend a lot of time with each other working on their game.
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
Before seeing him play, lol. I'm not thrilled with the pick of a RB in the 3rd, but I get it. We do need to address the IOL and S positions today
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
We're not allowed to like a second team now?

His "second team" is probably SF. Dude hasn't said one positive thing about this team since he got in here. Never mind this team has made it to a SB and NFCC two of the last three yrs.

Fine with being critical and liking other teams/players, but this dude was on another level. Sounds like that idiot kelly guy who said he was a "scout" and now writes for the goof troop SI guys under Cohn lol. Ain't nobody got time for that dumb s**t

I know who he was. And he was a terrible fan with terrible takes. Just didn't know that was bannable. Thought you actually had to do something wrong.

Trolling has always been against the rules here, at least if you're always trolling and doing it excessively, which he was.

Guess I missed the trolling. Oh well

It appears i was lucky to survive the Nolan years as a poster considering how ludicrus i found it to draft OLmen to play D line and QBs to play FB.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Got to looooove the drake
I don't know who's most excited to see this kid grow within the W9: Bosa, Drake, Kocurek, fans?

Maybe I should start a poll.
I really love this pick. Wasn't sure if he'd be there and once we signed Turray, I thought edge was off at 61. But a couple of things-

1) Highly unlikely you get a consistently impactful edge rusher after round 2.

2) Samson Ebukam, Jordan Willis, and Kemoko Turay are all free agents next year. With the first two being primary edge rushers, and while good, are only rotational guys, we need someone that can potentially dominate from that spot. This team clearly wants to pass rush of the 2019 line, but the run stopping ability of the 2021 line.

I'm expecting noticeable impact in 2022, and for him to really rise in 2023 going forward when maybe there is one less edge rusher in the rotation.

This team has certainly come a long way since when Cassius Marsh was edge rusher number 1.
Does this mean we going back to wide 9?

It seems likely at this point that Ebukam is the odd man out as we can save north of $6M if we cut him. And he and Drake and Toney seem to be competing for the same spot opposite Bosa. It also insinuates Armstead stays inside.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
It seems likely at this point that Ebukam is the odd man out as we can save north of $6M if we cut him. And he and Drake and Toney seem to be competing for the same spot opposite Bosa. It also insinuates Armstead stays inside.

I like Ebukam. I think he is solid depth. But I don't $6M like him.
Originally posted by Joecool:

49ers have been wide 9 since 2019.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
We're not allowed to like a second team now?

His "second team" is probably SF. Dude hasn't said one positive thing about this team since he got in here. Never mind this team has made it to a SB and NFCC two of the last three yrs.

Fine with being critical and liking other teams/players, but this dude was on another level. Sounds like that idiot kelly guy who said he was a "scout" and now writes for the goof troop SI guys under Cohn lol. Ain't nobody got time for that dumb s**t

I know who he was. And he was a terrible fan with terrible takes. Just didn't know that was bannable. Thought you actually had to do something wrong.

Trolling has always been against the rules here, at least if you're always trolling and doing it excessively, which he was.

He was annoying a lot of folks, sad to say.
Originally posted by Joecool:

When did they stop?
Share 49ersWebzone