There are 243 users in the forums

Drake Jackson-DE-USC, 2nd Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Originally posted by hummbabybear_1:
Some guys just have bad luck like Jason Verrett. But remember Steph Curry had to take a lower than max contract early in his career due to injury history. So there is hope for Drake.
I wouldn't compare Steph Curry to Drake Jackson lol. Steph showed he could be a cornerstone of a franchise, just needed his ankle(s) to cooperate. Drake Jackson had one nice game. Hasn't shown much else other than he doesn't seem capable of handling the rigors of an NFL season.
Not totally comparable, but Curry was almost traded due to injuries and his play.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
He looks like another guy that just can't heal. Amazing how some recover faster than expected and others with the same injury never do.

I'm tellin you all, he was placed in storage longer because of 92 and 5. if it weren't for the 2 bums that we had, 95 would have had 12 sacks..
Originally posted by bud49:
Drake Kinlaw, Drake Balmer, and Drake Jackson. The Trifecta.

D-Jack could be someone different.. if the right veteran takes him under his wings I fully believe that he can be a very good pass rusher.. the guy is young and very raw and what he has is the ability to RUSH THE QB and seems to have the RIGHT attitude..
Insider info is that "he just doesn't have that dawg in him"
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:

D-Jack could be someone different.. if the right veteran takes him under his wings I fully believe that he can be a very good pass rusher.. the guy is young and very raw and what he has is the ability to RUSH THE QB and seems to have the RIGHT attitude..

Oh I think he could be a good DE also, I'm more referring to the fact he can't stay healthy.
Originally posted by 9moon:

Oh I think he could be a good DE also, I'm more referring to the fact he can't stay healthy.

if he's 9 games healthy and gets us 10 to 15 sacks, then I'll have no complaints .. but don't get me wrong, 9 games wont deserve a super rich new contract.. plus, I still say that he would have played more games had 92 and 5 were not around.
gonna miss all TC, that's a bad sign for an injury that occurred last October. I was hoping he'd be back, but it might never happen for this guy
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BP13:
gonna miss all TC, that's a bad sign for an injury that occurred last October. I was hoping he'd be back, but it might never happen for this guy

I'm hoping the young man from Georgia plays lights out in TC. I like Jackson but I just don't think he will ever be a healthy player in the NFL.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Originally posted by hummbabybear_1:
Some guys just have bad luck like Jason Verrett. But remember Steph Curry had to take a lower than max contract early in his career due to injury history. So there is hope for Drake.
I wouldn't compare Steph Curry to Drake Jackson lol. Steph showed he could be a cornerstone of a franchise, just needed his ankle(s) to cooperate. Drake Jackson had one nice game. Hasn't shown much else other then he doesn't seem capable of handling the rigors of an NFL season.

Don't be emo, he's just saying injury plagued players luck can change and there true potential can be tapped.
Originally posted by JMC52:
Don't be emo, he's just saying injury plagued players luck can change and there true potential can be tapped.

Correct. I could have said that Sam Bowie also had early career injuries and look how things turned out, but that comparison would have been a downer.

Originally posted by BP13:

Even if he were healthy, nothing he's done has shown he'd make the team. His injury actually protects him for now.
Bust
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by A49ER08:
Bust

Pretty much.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Bust

Pretty much.

agreed...time to move on