There are 215 users in the forums

Drake Jackson-DE-USC, 2nd Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
With that 99 jersey in some of the images he looks like Aldon

Lets hope he's not the next AL-DRUNK !!!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
I don't know who's most excited to see this kid grow within the W9: Bosa, Drake, Kocurek, fans?

Maybe I should start a poll.

Man o man if he can be Aldon 2.0 👌👍🏈🙏
I was trying to figure out why his production was low despite looking good on tape. So it seemed like the Trojans made him drop weight and play LB and he didn't adjust well. If we put him as straight DE the this could end up being a fantastic pick.

He's a pretty good player and does remind me of Aldon Smith actually.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I was trying to figure out why his production was low despite looking good on tape. So it seemed like the Trojans made him drop weight and play LB and he didn't adjust well. If we put him as straight DE the this could end up being a fantastic pick.

He's a pretty good player and does remind me of Aldon Smith actually.

Clay Helton was a**cheeks I don't know how he survived for that long at SC
Originally posted by Giedi:
I don't know who's most excited to see this kid grow within the W9: Bosa, Drake, Kocurek, fans?

Even if he's 70% as good as Aldon Smith that would be borderline great. Aldon was on pace to shatter the sack record after 3 years (most sacks ever in his first 3 years) and that's while playing part time as a rookie AND missing 5 games. Son of a b***h I can't talk about this anymore
Originally posted by elguapo:

Even if he's 70% as good as Aldon Smith that would be borderline great. Aldon was on pace to shatter the sack record after 3 years (most sacks ever in his first 3 years) and that's while playing part time as a rookie AND missing 5 games. Son of a b***h I can't talk about this anymore

He legit had a very realistic chance at being the best pass rusher in history ..
Originally posted by Zachary:

He legit had a very realistic chance at being the best pass rusher in history ..

Yup, he was a generational talent. Still ticks me off when I see people say he was only good because of Cowboy. Oh what could have been.

As for Jackson I'm very high on the pick and he couldn't have come to a better situation, with the talent we already have and one of the best D-line coaches in the league.
Originally posted by KegBert:

Yup, he was a generational talent. Still ticks me off when I see people say he was only good because of Cowboy. Oh what could have been.

As for Jackson I'm very high on the pick and he couldn't have come to a better situation, with the talent we already have and one of the best D-line coaches in the league.

He was only good because of cowboy lol. Why didn't he light it up after he left?
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

He was only good because of cowboy lol. Why didn't he light it up after he left?

Because the raging alcoholism took over. Most of Aldon's highlights are of him absolutely schooling the LT one on one. The real question is why didn't the dozens of players who played next to j. smith put up historic numbers like aldon did?

Very true Zachary. Hope you're doing good brotha

Also, Honda did you watch any Niner games when Aldon played? He whipped almost every LT or RT he went up against and it's not like Cowboy was double teamed often. Stunts helped with cowboy but I'd advise you to go back and watch some film. You will retract your statement for sure

Anyways, I'm exited about Jackson. He's going to play at 255-260 so he's quick.

He's going to eat lightning and crap thunder!!!!!!!!
[ Edited by elguapo on May 2, 2022 at 2:34 AM ]

Bonkers take. Cowboy was an absolute beast and they definitely played well off each other but Aldon was a special player who's career was torpedoed by his personal demons. But if you don't want to take some random forum posters opinion on it, both Joe Staley and Trent Williams have gone on record stating that Aldon was the most difficult pass rusher either of them ever had to go against in their entire careers.

He ain't Aldon. He's not violent at the POA like Aldon was. Jackson has the opposite of Smith when it comes to "heavy hands"

Smith was a complete edge rusher, it's a damn shame what he did to himself.

Drake as of right now IMO is a speed rusher with good bend and that's about it. He's gotta get stronger and more aggressive. Coach K is gonna be after him plenty. IMO while they weren't the same weight in college his play kinda reminds me of Randy Gregory coming into the league. Pure speed rusher with bend/burst and little to no power. Gregory added some muscle and has become a pretty damn good pass rusher in the league. I feel like Jackson can get to a place like that with Coach K. Drake just turned 21 so he's pretty damn young too.

I'm a fan of the pick because we have a plethora of good pass rushers right now so he's not gonna have to be "the dude" right out the gate. He's got a chance to be a darn good pass rusher gonna take a little seasoning 🤌
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 2, 2022 at 5:53 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He ain't Aldon. He's not violent at the POA like Aldon was. Jackson has the opposite of Smith when it comes to "heavy hands"

Drake as of right now IMO is a speed rusher with good bend and that's about it. He's gotta get stronger and more aggressive. Coach K is gonna be after him plenty. IMO while they weren't the same weight in college his play kinda reminds me of Randy Gregory coming into the league. Pure speed rusher with bend/burst and little to no power. Gregory added some muscle and has become a pretty damn good pass rusher in the league. I feel like Jackson can get to a place like that with Coach K. Drake just turned 21 so he's pretty damn young too.

I'm a fan of the pick because we have a plethora of good pass rushers right now so he's not gonna have to be "the dude" right out the gate. He's got a chance to be a darn good pass rusher gonna take a little seasoning 🤌

he already looks like he put on muscle though He looks 260-270 which is what you want him to be ( i think he was playing at 240-250)
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

he already looks like he put on muscle though He looks 260-270 which is what you want him to be ( i think he was playing at 240-250)

Albert Breer on his newest after the draft article this AM said Jackson weighed in at 254 pounds at combine, then weighed 273 at his pro day less than a month later...which raised questions and was a reason he dropped to SF. I remember this time last yr when people were talking about the next draft, Drake Jackson was regarded as a top 10 pick heading into the 2022 draft cycle.

Not sure what SF wants him at, I'm guessing around 260ish might be the right spot for him. I wouldn't say he added almost 20lbs of muscle in a month lol...if that was the case let me know how to do that (legally).

Either way the film shows a dude that had very little power and wasn't about using his hands at he POA like you want. I like the pick at that point good value, if he had speed to power and better hands he would have been a top 10 pick. He's got some work to do...not many dudes are Nick Bosa out the gate lol. I think he will be a DPR YR1 and add some legit strength and work on his hands. He turned 21 in April so he's pretty damn young, which is a good thing.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 2, 2022 at 7:22 AM ]
The better our pass rush the more help it will add to our average secondary.
Share 49ersWebzone