There are 186 users in the forums

Drake Jackson-DE-USC, 2nd Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
The better our pass rush the more help it will add to our average secondary.

Average secondary lol
Hoping our D-line coach can work his magic once again.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
With that 99 jersey in some of the images he looks like Aldon

Arms aren't long enough. Aldon had some Brobee arms.
[ Edited by Jakemall on May 2, 2022 at 9:26 AM ]
I can't wait to see the results of him working with Bosa and going up against Trent Williams regularly. All the talent is there, he just needs to refine it.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Average secondary lol

I would say that's accurate. Ward and Ward and above-average. Moseley is average, and Thomas and whoever claims the slot position would be below-average.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I can't wait to see the results of him working with Bosa and going up against Trent Williams regularly. All the talent is there, he just needs to refine it.

Me too!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Average secondary lol

I would say that's accurate. Ward and Ward and above-average. Moseley is average, and Thomas and whoever claims the slot position would be below-average.

Until Thomas shows that he's majorly improved this year!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I don't know who's most excited to see this kid grow within the W9: Bosa, Drake, Kocurek, fans?

Maybe I should start a poll.

Man o man if he can be Aldon 2.0 👌👍🏈🙏

Even if he's 70% as good as Aldon Smith that would be borderline great. Aldon was on pace to shatter the sack record after 3 years (most sacks ever in his first 3 years) and that's while playing part time as a rookie AND missing 5 games. Son of a b***h I can't talk about this anymore

Same here. Totally depressing to see such a gifted individual basically drink and piss his god given gifts away.

I read early in this thread that he was looking like a top ten draft pick (sorry no link to the poster or the article) then USC did their best to tank Drake's NFL prospects by messing with his weight. I'm hoping (as everybody has stated) Kocurek can do another miracle - this time on a guy with talent and a long term mandatory commitment to the 49ers. If Drake can blossom into 70% of Aldon, man o man, this DLine will be up there with the '84 super bowl 'niners.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Average secondary lol

We have the #3 D in the league people just keep selling us short. We annihilated Dak and the #1 offense. And Rodgers the MVP. Yet we are average? Our secondary took the ball off Stafford every time we played him. Now we got Ward... Thomas made huge strides you could see it last year he walked off our season with the Week 18 game ending INT to send us to the playoffs. He could be a star player as soon as this season. Lenoir year 2, Hufanga as well now we add Castro-Fields and Womack. This is well above average. I can't remember us having this many good young players in the secondary.
Dont follow college football much. This guy got chronic knee problems too, or have we finally learned?

• cciowa
  • Veteran

Average secondary lol

agree. it is below average. safety play is well below average.. ward is fine. but what else.. we have gaping holes at safety and please have something better than tarrt or some undrafted free agent.. sooner or later the secondary stands on its own and it failed us many times last year.
Weight room and get rid of the false step and he will be a big difference maker. Very excite
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I don't know who's most excited to see this kid grow within the W9: Bosa, Drake, Kocurek, fans?

Maybe I should start a poll.

Man o man if he can be Aldon 2.0 👌👍🏈🙏

Aldon 2.0? Those are some high expectations.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Weight room and get rid of the false step and he will be a big difference maker. Very excite

Needs to attend the School of Bosa and learn a few things.
Share 49ersWebzone