There are 194 users in the forums

Drake Jackson-DE-USC, 2nd Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I don't know who's most excited to see this kid grow within the W9: Bosa, Drake, Kocurek, fans?

Maybe I should start a poll.

Man o man if he can be Aldon 2.0 👌👍🏈🙏

Aldon 2.0? Those are some high expectations.

I'm an incurable optimist.😁😁🏉
Was saying to myself right at the moment, "Pick Drake Jackson, pick Drake Jackson"...and then was very happy to hear the pick was Drake Jackson. One of the few times that's happened for me w/ this regime during the draft. Can see him making almost an immediate impact as a bookend DE w/ Bosa.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Was saying to myself right at the moment, "Pick Drake Jackson, pick Drake Jackson"...and then was very happy to hear the pick was Drake Jackson. One of the few times that's happened for me w/ this regime during the draft. Can see him making almost an immediate impact as a bookend DE w/ Bosa.

EDGE opposite Bosa long term hopefully, only 21, which is crazy.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

EDGE opposite Bosa long term hopefully, only 21, which is crazy.

Pretty incredible he just turned 21. Yes, hopefully long term he and Bosa are the bookends causing all kinds of issues for opposing offenses.

Originally posted by elguapo:
I don't know who's most excited to see this kid grow within the W9: Bosa, Drake, Kocurek, fans?

Even if he's 70% as good as Aldon Smith that would be borderline great. Aldon was on pace to shatter the sack record after 3 years (most sacks ever in his first 3 years) and that's while playing part time as a rookie AND missing 5 games. Son of a b***h I can't talk about this anymore

Same here. Totally depressing to see such a gifted individual basically drink and piss his god given gifts away.

I read early in this thread that he was looking like a top ten draft pick (sorry no link to the poster or the article) then USC did their best to tank Drake's NFL prospects by messing with his weight. I'm hoping (as everybody has stated) Kocurek can do another miracle - this time on a guy with talent and a long term mandatory commitment to the 49ers. If Drake can blossom into 70% of Aldon, man o man, this DLine will be up there with the '84 super bowl 'niners.

We did get a steal. Drake already stated that he was going to drop somewhere between 255 and 260, his freshman weight, because that's where he had the most success and wants to be.

Nice Lott!!!! You willed it to happen. I believe Kolohe was going ape s**t as well. I like it boys!!! We got a speed rusher
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
The better our pass rush the more help it will add to our average secondary.

Average secondary lol

agree. it is below average. safety play is well below average.. ward is fine. but what else.. we have gaping holes at safety and please have something better than tarrt or some undrafted free agent.. sooner or later the secondary stands on its own and it failed us many times last year.

Maybe I should be harder on him because Kyle Williams and Roger Craig are dead to me but...
Tartt is solid, if unspectacular. We can do worse.
[ Edited by All22 on May 2, 2022 at 11:03 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Even if he's 70% as good as Aldon Smith that would be borderline great. Aldon was on pace to shatter the sack record after 3 years (most sacks ever in his first 3 years) and that's while playing part time as a rookie AND missing 5 games. Son of a b***h I can't talk about this anymore

Same here. Totally depressing to see such a gifted individual basically drink and piss his god given gifts away.

I read early in this thread that he was looking like a top ten draft pick (sorry no link to the poster or the article) then USC did their best to tank Drake's NFL prospects by messing with his weight. I'm hoping (as everybody has stated) Kocurek can do another miracle - this time on a guy with talent and a long term mandatory commitment to the 49ers. If Drake can blossom into 70% of Aldon, man o man, this DLine will be up there with the '84 super bowl 'niners.

We did get a steal. Drake already stated that he was going to drop somewhere between 255 and 260, his freshman weight, because that's where he had the most success and wants to be.

Thats great news! I heard his freshman weight was somewhere north of 260, or more like around 275-ish. Either way, as long as he's 70% of Aldon- I'll be dang impressed.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Can't wait to see him rushing the QB this season. The entire D-line Is gonna be a problem.

Nice Lott!!!! You willed it to happen. I believe Kolohe was going ape s**t as well. I like it boys!!! We got a speed rusher

You know it, elguapo!
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Big fan of these breakdowns! Can't wait to see Jackson out there.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Weight room and get rid of the false step and he will be a big difference maker. Very excite

Lol
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Some of you should temper your expectations.

Kid still has a long way to go.
Share 49ersWebzone