There are 314 users in the forums

Drake Jackson-DE-USC, 2nd Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Koldo:
Some of you should temper your expectations.

Kid still has a long way to go.

Of course. Pretty dumb of fans to get excited about their highest drafted player this year, right?
[ Edited by NotAFinga42 on May 3, 2022 at 5:32 PM ]
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:

Of course. Pretty dumb of fans to get excited about their highest drafted player this year, right?

Of course you can get excited without creating unrealistic expectations like him becoming Aldon 2.0.

Of course you can get excited without creating unrealistic expectations like him becoming Aldon 2.0.

Well here's the thing, you don't know any better than those who are excited about his potential right now. He has all of the tools, great coaches and a fantastic team. So he has a lot better shot at being great than not. You have no idea how good he'll be, so why tell people he won't be great? Seems like a pattern for you.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran

Well here's the thing, you don't know any better than those who are excited about his potential right now. He has all of the tools, great coaches and a fantastic team. So he has a lot better shot at being great than not. You have no idea how good he'll be, so why tell people he won't be great? Seems like a pattern for you.

Where did I say he wouldn't be a great player?

I just said "temper your expectations" as in "he's still developing as a pass rusher so don't expect a 15-sack rookie season".

I just said "temper your expectations" as in "he's still developing as a pass rusher so don't expect a 15-sack rookie season".

Yeah I haven't read every post here, but haven't seen a 15 sack prediction. At any rate, seems like you've got the tempered expectations on lockdown, so some of us will pick up the slack with our optimism.

Let people be excited man. Some people want to be optimistic. It's okay if you wanna temper your own expectations but let other people have their own.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran

Yeah I haven't read every post here, but haven't seen a 15 sack prediction. At any rate, seems like you've got the tempered expectations on lockdown, so some of us will pick up the slack with our optimism.

Fair enough

Nah
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Nah

NAH ????

how good do you think the guy is coming out ??
Originally posted by 9moon:

Nah

NAH ????

Think he's gonna be great. Perfect bookend for Bosa. It's the offseason, man, right after the draft. Even Lions fans are excited right now. Sorry you're not, but the regular season will be here in a few months.

this guy is already better than bosa, give him a max contract right now.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
this guy is already better than bosa, give him a max contract right now.

Don't even let him play, just tell him to retire and give him his gold jacket already
WZ predicts 15 sacks

I predict 4 to 6 sacks

moon 0 sacks 0 tackles

Nah

NAH ????

SUPER STAR

Nah

NAH ????

SUPER STAR

meh....
I'd prefer a SUPER STAR with CHEESE

Share 49ersWebzone