There are 308 users in the forums

Drake Jackson-DE-USC, 2nd Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erWill:
WZ predicts 15 sacks

I predict 4 to 6 sacks

moon 0 sacks 0 tackles

4-6 sacks seems reasonable for a rotational pass rusher. He may even get to 8 depending on injuries, matchups, etc. I expect him to play only 2nd and longs and 3rd downs.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
WZ predicts 15 sacks

I predict 4 to 6 sacks

moon 0 sacks 0 tackles

4-6 sacks seems reasonable for a rotational pass rusher. He may even get to 8 depending on injuries, matchups, etc. I expect him to play only 2nd and longs and 3rd downs.

Agreed. He may mesh well with our defense. Time will tell. I think he needs to be coached up a bit.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Some of you should temper your expectations.

Kid still has a long way to go.

Of course. Pretty dumb of fans to get excited about their highest drafted player this year, right?

Of course you can get excited without creating unrealistic expectations like him becoming Aldon 2.0.

Well here's the thing, you don't know any better than those who are excited about his potential right now. He has all of the tools, great coaches and a fantastic team. So he has a lot better shot at being great than not. You have no idea how good he'll be, so why tell people he won't be great? Seems like a pattern for you.

Where did I say he wouldn't be a great player?

I just said "temper your expectations" as in "he's still developing as a pass rusher so don't expect a 15-sack rookie season".

I agree, the same thing happened with Banks last season. I can see it now, if Hyder, Ebukam, Turay, Willis, or Ominehu starts over him for most of the season or has more sacks then him, then the WZ will be calling him a bust. When the more realistic goal should be for him to gain as much from those guys as possible and be ready to take over next year when all of those guys are free agents.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
SUPER STAR

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Big fan of these breakdowns! Can't wait to see Jackson out there.

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
WZ predicts 15 sacks

I predict 4 to 6 sacks

moon 0 sacks 0 tackles

Agreed. He may mesh well with our defense. Time will tell. I think he needs to be coached up a bit.

4 sacks would be a little disappointing Imo. I'm expecting anywhere between 6-10.
Good to see NY85 is out of his Twitter slump
The kid is young and raw. Depending on time in games, he will get a sack here and there. But, whatever happens this first year, things usually start to click second or third year. Excited for Drake

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerTy:
The kid is young and raw. Depending on time in games, he will get a sack here and there. But, whatever happens this first year, things usually start to click second or third year. Excited for Drake

Just looking at some of his freshman highlights, his get off looks very similar to Dee Ford. Dee Ford played around 250-ish and if Drake can be bigger (around 275 is what I hear his best weight is at) and still keep that Dee Ford-ish get off, man o man -- talk about getting a steal in the 2nd round.

Personally, I think he can impact the team in his first year. I know Charles Haley did really well his first year when as a rookie he played on loaded 1986 49er DLine.

This is the cool part

These guys are at the ultimate job hiring event and as soon as they get selected they are thrown onto a team with guys that they idolized. Imagine being selected by the 49ers in the 80's! Jerry, Joe, Ronnie, Roger...?
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NinerTy:

Just looking at some of his freshman highlights, his get off looks very similar to Dee Ford. Dee Ford played around 250-ish and if Drake can be bigger (around 275 is what I hear his best weight is at) and still keep that Dee Ford-ish get off, man o man -- talk about getting a steal in the 2nd round.

Personally, I think he can impact the team in his first year. I know Charles Haley did really well his first year when as a rookie he played on loaded 1986 49er DLine.
I am excited to see what Drake Jackson can bring to the 49ers this season. If I recall correctly Jevon Kearse had a great rookie season for the Titans in 1999.

Not saying this is the same situation, but it's possible, however unlikely it may seem, that Jackson can make a big impact in year one. I'll have faith.

I feel like he could be what we hoped Dee Ford would be for us: healthy, and as a byproduct of always being available: impactful.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:

This is the cool part

These guys are at the ultimate job hiring event and as soon as they get selected they are thrown onto a team with guys that they idolized. Imagine being selected by the 49ers in the 80's! Jerry, Joe, Ronnie, Roger...?

Agree, and if I recall, some of the rookies were in awe of Jerry and Roger running the Hill, and the stars and leaders on the team really demanded the rookies to hold a very high standard of excellence. That '86 draft, right after the '81 and '84 super bowls - Jerry and Roger got them accustomed to the high standard of excellence of the 49ers and that culture generated another two super bowls soon after that draft.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Good to see NY85 is out of his Twitter slump

Vacation is over
Share 49ersWebzone