There are 210 users in the forums

Drake Jackson-DE-USC, 2nd Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is just crazy athletic ability. Natural elite balance, coordination and reaction time.

I'm hyped for this kid...
Originally posted by thl408:
What a great environment to be drafted into. His assignment in his rookie year will be simple. He has a great group of teammates to learn from and the best DL coach in the business.

He's so incredibly lucky to have come here. He's got the W9, Kocurek, some moderate vets, even Ford and Bosa to tap in to for knowledge, technique and rushing with a plan AND there's no rush to be an every down DE. Just awesome.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
I'm hyped for this kid...

+1
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by thl408:
What a great environment to be drafted into. His assignment in his rookie year will be simple. He has a great group of teammates to learn from and the best DL coach in the business.

His assignment is termination.

His target:

He will definitely give Stafford some trouble and force him into some bad decisions. Oh wait, we didn't really need another pass rusher to do that, after all Stafford led the NFL in interceptions already

Hopefully our DBs can catch the damn ball when he throws it to them.

I know right?! Because you know Stafford does throw a ton of balls to the other team
Originally posted by Zachary:
He legit had a very realistic chance at being the best pass rusher in history ..

Eh, no he didn't. Justin Smith was a pretty big part of his dominance. Once JS retired he wouldn't have had someone to occupy half the OL for him to run by.
Originally posted by Niners99:
He legit had a very realistic chance at being the best pass rusher in history ..

Eh, no he didn't. Justin Smith was a pretty big part of his dominance. Once JS retired he wouldn't have had someone to occupy half the OL for him to run by.

Eh, yes he did. I trust watching him without the help of Justin Smith and of course I trust people like Trent Williams possibly one of the best tackles in the history of the game as well as Joe Staley another possible Hall of Famer over your opinion. If you didn't get the memo, which obviously you didn't, they said he was the toughest player to defend on his own, ever. It had nothing to do with Justin Smith when they were speaking about Aldon Smith. Thanks anyways

Eh, yes he did. I trust watching him without the help of Justin Smith and of course I trust people like Trent Williams possibly one of the best tackles in the history of the game as well as Joe Staley another possible Hall of Famer over your opinion. If you didn't get the memo, which obviously you didn't, they said he was the toughest player to defend on his own, ever. It had nothing to do with Justin Smith when they were speaking about Aldon Smith. Thanks anyways

lol you took that way too personally. Calm down.

lol you took that way too personally. Calm down.

Not at all it's just a lot of fans are ignorant when it comes to Aldon Smith. Maybe you should admit you're wrong. Don't take it personal lol
I'm sure Bosa was elated when the pick was announced. He will finally have a bookend partner that they can't get with the broken down Ford the last year or 2. Coach K will definitely harness and get the best coaching for this young stud. Our pass rush should be lights out as we also added nice rotational like Hyder and Turay for this coming season.

I see 13 sacks for Drake as a part timer...

This one's gonna be good, I just hope he can gain 10 more pounds!!

GO NINE-NINE !!!
Originally posted by 9moon:

GO NINE-NINE !!!

I'm thinking anywhere from 7-9 sacks. As long as he's firing in the SB this year I'll be happy as a clam
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

GO NINE-NINE !!!

I'm thinking anywhere from 7-9 sacks. As long as he's firing in the SB this year I'll be happy as a clam

Great point. He'll be better at the end of the season vs the beginning - if everything goes well.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
I don´t know what he will do in his career. Maybe he will bust, maybe he will be a star. At the end of the day he ´ s just a late second rounder.
But I will say this. When you watch him play, he looks like a true edge rusher. He seems born to do that. It feels natural with him. His bend and the way he turns the corner, you can´t really teach that.
Originally posted by Giedi:

GO NINE-NINE !!!

Great point. He'll be better at the end of the season vs the beginning - if everything goes well.

i think 5 sacks and thats very good

9+sacks for a rookie isnt very reasonable
Share 49ersWebzone