Drake Jackson-DE-USC, 2nd Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
rocking #95, hopefully, he can be better than Street, or hell Tank
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Frank Gore is a RB

Not Frank the Tank. He means Tank Carradine.

Cornellius Tank Carradine yo!

Lol totally forgot about that… for good reasons.

Lol! And I just saw he will be sporting Tanks jersey number and they're about the same size along with being a 2nd round picks. Hopefully that's all the similarities lol
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on May 17, 2022 at 3:32 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

My favorite player to wear #95 was Michael Carter. The Man was a beast inside. If Kinlaw can be like him, holy moly! But hope Drake can uphold the excellence that #95 played with during the dynasty years.
Kinda reminds me a bit of Dwight Freeney. Looks like a great scheme fit, was watching some highlights and he has some good instincts and agility
Originally posted by Since07:
Kinda reminds me a bit of Dwight Freeney. Looks like a great scheme fit, was watching some highlights and he has some good instincts and agility

Best bend in the whole draft class. Such a steal at 61 and we finally have a speed rusher opposite Bosa. I don't count Ford bc he was only healthy for 10 or so games total
Originally posted by elguapo:

Best bend in the whole draft class. Such a steal at 61 and we finally have a speed rusher opposite Bosa. I don't count Ford bc he was only healthy for 10 or so games total

Drake is an interesting prospect for sure...I made a profile of him in the draft thread because I thought there was a fit there.

I like comps even though it's kinda pointless, but it's still fun to toss them out there. Jackson's a tough one because he's played at various weights, different schemes, and had god awful coaching. I feel like as a player he could have a similar path to Randy Gregory (not the off field stuff). Weight issues, but elite athletic ability with the tools you want at edge. Took him years to get where he is because of off field stuff, I don't think he actually started until this yr. I would say he's around 255-260lbs right now and can play with speed to power finally. I'd like Jackson at around 260-265lbs but good weight. He doesn't need to be 275lbs. I believe Bosa is 6'4" and 265lbs.

I was looking at Drake's measureables vs Gregory.

Drake

Height 6'3"
Weight 254 lbs
Wingspan 82⅝"
Arm Length 34"
Hand Size 10⅛"
Vertical Jump 37"
Broad Jump 127"
(pro-day at 273lbs)
3-cone drill 7.09*
20 yard shuttle 4.28*

Gregory

Height 6' 5"
Weight 235 lbs
Arm Length 34"
Hand Size 10"5
Vertical Jump 36½"
Broad Jump 125"
3-Cone Drill 6.79s*
20 Yard Shuttle 4.16s*

Overall I think Drake is setup for success sooner than Gregory, one because we know he can put on the weight and two because he will actually be able to play (no off field issues). I'll add I like the idea that he's not a finished product. Unlike the players that come from say Bama who are basically finished products... which is fine, but also they're maxed out a lot of the time. The tools are there for him without question, he's gonna have to work his ass off though.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 18, 2022 at 5:46 AM ]
Gregory's 3-cone was insane!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Gregory's 3-cone was insane!

Stud athlete. That was at like 235lbs though. Drake's 3-cone was at 273lbs both did it at their pro-days.
Originally posted by Giedi:

My favorite player to wear #95 was Michael Carter. The Man was a beast inside. If Kinlaw can be like him, holy moly! But hope Drake can uphold the excellence that #95 played with during the dynasty years.

I loved Ricky J, he was my favorite 95.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by elguapo:

Drake is an interesting prospect for sure...I made a profile of him in the draft thread because I thought there was a fit there.

I like comps even though it's kinda pointless, but it's still fun to toss them out there. Jackson's a tough one because he's played at various weights, different schemes, and had god awful coaching. I feel like as a player he could have a similar path to Randy Gregory (not the off field stuff). Weight issues, but elite athletic ability with the tools you want at edge. Took him years to get where he is because of off field stuff, I don't think he actually started until this yr. I would say he's around 255-260lbs right now and can play with speed to power finally. I'd like Jackson at around 260-265lbs but good weight. He doesn't need to be 275lbs. I believe Bosa is 6'4" and 265lbs.

I was looking at Drake's measureables vs Gregory.

Drake

Height 6'3"
Weight 254 lbs
Wingspan 82⅝"
Arm Length 34"
Hand Size 10⅛"
Vertical Jump 37"
Broad Jump 127"
(pro-day at 273lbs)
3-cone drill 7.09*
20 yard shuttle 4.28*

Gregory

Height 6' 5"
Weight 235 lbs
Arm Length 34"
Hand Size 10"5
Vertical Jump 36½"
Broad Jump 125"
3-Cone Drill 6.79s*
20 Yard Shuttle 4.16s*

Overall I think Drake is setup for success sooner than Gregory, one because we know he can put on the weight and two because he will actually be able to play (no off field issues). I'll add I like the idea that he's not a finished product. Unlike the players that come from say Bama who are basically finished products... which is fine, but also they're maxed out a lot of the time. The tools are there for him without question, he's gonna have to work his ass off though.

That's not a bad comp at all. What I'm interested in it is his 10 yard split because in my opinion that's the best indicator of how his skills will translate to the nfl.

Yea. He has the spin move too.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

That's one hell of a Hall of Fame player. Another player that wore #95 was Richard Dent - another Hall of Fame player. I think Michael Carter should be in the Hall of Fame, if super bowl is a factor. Michael has three super bowl rings.

Ricky Jackson? He wore 57, Richard Dent wore 95.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Ricky Jean Francois
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Ricky Jean Francois

My bad, I thought he meant Ricky Jackson. I know he was a designated pass rusher and got the numbers mixed up with Richard Dent in 1994.
Share 49ersWebzone