Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Signed his 4 yr contract today

Awesome. Straight to I.R.

j/k

So funny

It's not funny - he needs to stay healthy.

Regression to the mean! In other words, he'll never be injured because Dee Ford was always injured.🤪😝🤣

Love it!
Pretty funny what Cohn had to say about Jackson in comparison to Inman:

Cohn - "Matched up multiple times with offensive tackle Sam Schlueter during 11 on 11s and never beat him. Each rep, Jackson struggled to disengage and turn the corner, as opposed to Turay, who was in the backfield all morning. I expected to see Jackson beat Schlueter at least once considering Schlueter probably won't make the team. Too soon to panic about Jackson, though. We'll see if he improves as the offseason progresses, as he's extemely young."

Inman - "Defensive end Drake Jackson, sidelined last week by a leg issue, looked exceptional in pass-rushing drills with the defense, and a dip move he made drew applause from Bosa and others."
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:

Cohn - "Matched up multiple times with offensive tackle Sam Schlueter during 11 on 11s and never beat him. Each rep, Jackson struggled to disengage and turn the corner, as opposed to Turay, who was in the backfield all morning. I expected to see Jackson beat Schlueter at least once considering Schlueter probably won't make the team. Too soon to panic about Jackson, though. We'll see if he improves as the offseason progresses, as he's extemely young."

Inman - "Defensive end Drake Jackson, sidelined last week by a leg issue, looked exceptional in pass-rushing drills with the defense, and a dip move he made drew applause from Bosa and others."

Technically those two reports aren't contradictory as one is talking about 11 on 11s and the other is talking about pash-rush drills. That said, take every report with a grain of salt, because each reporter can only look at one thing at a time so they're going to miss a lot.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Technically those two reports aren't contradictory as one is talking about 11 on 11s and the other is talking about pash-rush drills. That said, take every report with a grain of salt, because each reporter can only look at one thing at a time so they're going to miss a lot.

Not directly contradicting each other, but to say he struggled and didn't win one rep, versus he looked exceptional and drew applause is uhmmm interesting. Wish there was video of his reps out there.
It's a boom/bust pick that is going to require at least a season or two of development. I don't mind it at an impact position like DE in the late 2nd round, so we shall see.

Wow. Unbelievable. Cohn has even admitted to some of his fellow podcasters (Like John Chapman) he says a lot of things for clicks.
Originally posted by Shifty:

Not directly contradicting each other, but to say he struggled and didn't win one rep, versus he looked exceptional and drew applause is uhmmm interesting. Wish there was video of his reps out there.
I understand that one comment was about 11 on 11s and the other was about pass rushing drills but for one to make a point about how poor Jackson looked versus the other making a point to show how promising Jackson looked, that to me is quite comical.
im so excited for our pass rush this season

we were already very good but when we had a healthy Ford it was just on another level. I think with Jackson and the depth we have it can get back to that
Originally posted by dhp318:
It's a boom/bust pick that is going to require at least a season or two of development. I don't mind it at an impact position like DE in the late 2nd round, so we shall see.

i dont agree with the boom/bust

at worst hes a situational pass rusher and a liability against the run. Hes very explosive its hard for me to believe he isn't a 4-5 sack/year minimum after a year or so
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:

Wow. Unbelievable. Cohn has even admitted to some of his fellow podcasters (Like John Chapman) he says a lot of things for clicks.

Agree. I wouldn't put a lot of weight on whatever Cone says.

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by elguapo:

Agree. I wouldn't put a lot of weight on whatever Cone says.

True. His football eye isn't trustworthy. I do like the raw videos he posts sometimes and that he's seemingly the only media person who asks certain questions people want to know. Everything Lombardi asks are usually softball questions.

But still… never trust his football takes.

That's why the players can't stand Grant.

I actually kind of like his format but I hate his method of how he puts players on good/bad lists. Sure he adds how Drake is young and it's not time to panic but he's clearly pushing the narrative in his article that Drake was bad in his view. Which is fine if everyone else agrees but clearly there was a very different view during the same practice.

So maybe don't put the kid in good or bad? Grant puts too much weight behind certain things in practice. You can find players on his "bad" list who other reporters said had a great day of practice and the coaches spoke highly of the same day. All because of one play or something minor.
I understand that one comment was about 11 on 11s and the other was about pass rushing drills but for one to make a point about how poor Jackson looked versus the other making a point to show how promising Jackson looked, that to me is quite comical.

Why? You can look good in one portion of practice and bad in another. It happens all the time. Just like how CBs can look terrible in 7 on 7 without a pass rush and not give up any passes in 11 on 11 when there is

I actually kind of like his format but I hate his method of how he puts players on good/bad lists. Sure he adds how Drake is young and it's not time to panic but he's clearly pushing the narrative in his article that Drake was bad in his view. Which is fine if everyone else agrees but clearly there was a very different view during the same practice.

So maybe don't put the kid in good or bad? Grant puts too much weight behind certain things in practice. You can find players on his "bad" list who other reporters said had a great day of practice and the coaches spoke highly of the same day. All because of one play or something minor.

Clearly Grant did not learn from his debacle with Javon Kinlaw. The 49ers players rallied around Kinlaw and directly took shots at Cohn as a "hack" which we ALL know he is. Name a 1st round or second round draft pick that Cohn was positive on from day?? He crucifies all of John Lynchs picks. My standard saying is Grant should send his resume to the 49ers so he can become the official GM.

I agree. He is stupidly extreme and aggressive in how he frames his practice reports. With the way he states things you'd think every player that had a bad rep in practice just pulled a Kyle Williams in the NFC Championship game.
Share 49ersWebzone