There are 228 users in the forums

Drake Jackson-DE-USC, 2nd Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by 9moon:
DID this guy just gained some belly AFTER getting drafted ??

AS long as he can set the edge and get outside contain and rush the qb on passing downs I hope he is the real deal. If he has a healthy Bosa, Armstea, Kinlaw he will have lots of only one RT to beat.

I HOPE so too... I but dang, he looks like a FAT Drake !!
Originally posted by pdizo916:
14 sacks.... easily !!!

for his career?

• Giedi
  • Veteran

That's belly muscle, not fat.
Originally posted by Giedi:

That's belly muscle, not fat.

which we need to slice up and make a fried LIEMPO out it !!
Originally posted by ritz126:
i dont agree with the boom/bust

at worst hes a situational pass rusher and a liability against the run. Hes very explosive its hard for me to believe he isn't a 4-5 sack/year minimum after a year or so

I mean, he had 5 sacks last year in the PAC-12. Not exactly going against the Trent Williams' of the world. Yes, if he puts it all together, he can be really special because he has specific attributes that you can't teach. But there's a lot to put together. Gotta transform his body, develop more strength and a better motor, among other things. Explosiveness alone gets you nothing against NFL tackles.
Originally posted by dhp318:
i dont agree with the boom/bust

at worst hes a situational pass rusher and a liability against the run. Hes very explosive its hard for me to believe he isn't a 4-5 sack/year minimum after a year or so

I mean, he had 5 sacks last year in the PAC-12. Not exactly going against the Trent Williams' of the world. Yes, if he puts it all together, he can be really special because he has specific attributes that you can't teach. But there's a lot to put together. Gotta transform his body, develop more strength and a better motor, among other things. Explosiveness alone gets you nothing against NFL tackles.

We love getting players from the good old Pac-12.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
14 sacks.... easily !!!

for his career?

In his first game.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by Ghostofabshelmet:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Finally got our Harold Landry clone.

Thanks god, now I can STFU about the Pettis pick

Wasn't Landry picked before Pettis?

Yes but .... I promised to stop now

Facts have never stopped webzone posters from whining... myself included.

at USC he was playing out of position completely he had a really high pass rate win %

he was asked to drop back into coverage a lot which orced him to drop weight and play at around 240

at USC he was playing out of position completely he had a really high pass rate win %

he was asked to drop back into coverage a lot which orced him to drop weight and play at around 240

This might end up being one of the steals of the draft. I thought we were set at edge, but I can't complain about this pick at all. This could make up for the loss of the 2019 version of Dee Ford.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

This might end up being one of the steals of the draft. I thought we were set at edge, but I can't complain about this pick at all. This could make up for the loss of the 2019 version of Dee Ford.

He seems to have the HUNGER, he just needs to prove if it's football OVER food !!!

Kid was looked at as top 15 pick at the beginning of the college season. USC did him zero favors his time there. I'm pumped to see what he can do with an actual play and legit coaching. He turned 21 this past April too
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Kid was looked at as top 15 pick at the beginning of the college season. USC did him zero favors his time there. I'm pumped to see what he can do with an actual play and legit coaching. He turned 21 this past April too

they say some of the vets look good to. so maybe this kid will not have to be the man right away opposite bosa?
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

they say some of the vets look good to. so maybe this kid will not have to be the man right away opposite bosa?

I wonder how much playing time he'll see In his first year considering the 9ers don't really like throwing the rookies out there on game day unless they have no choice.
I'm sure he'll get plenty of money-down rush snaps. Samson Ebukam's reaction, when asked about Drake, says it all. Drake is super talented and showing it in practice. The way he moves with those wiery, loose limbs and flexibility in his ankles and hips reminds me of Brian Burns.

He's going to benefit a ton from a couple of years in an NFL weight room.
Share 49ersWebzone