There are 110 users in the forums

WR-Danny Gray-SMU, 3rd round 2022 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I doubt they can get more than a 6th round pick. He hasn't done anything.

No one is giving up any assets for Danny Gray.

THIS!

I can see someone swapping a 6th or 7th with us. Especially a team in need of speed. Not a great return but I think it's possible.

Agree it's a possibility.

BUT - who is going to trade for a guy that can't stay healthy?

AND hasn't proved himself as a semi-descent player.
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on May 9, 2024 at 8:26 AM ]

THIS!

I can see someone swapping a 6th or 7th with us. Especially a team in need of speed. Not a great return but I think it's possible.

Some team that had him on their draft board and believes in his potential. A late draft pick + his rookie contract means little risk, high reward.
Other teams know there is too much talent on this team so they will wait for him to be released like Sermon, Davis-Price and Pettis rather than give up a pick for a bottom-of-the-roster guy.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

THIS!

Some team that had him on their draft board and believes in his potential. A late draft pick + his rookie contract means little risk, high reward.

I hope you're right.
3rd Round Picks in the Lynch/Shanahan regime. One amazing pick, one special teams starter and a few who may not be with the team in 2024 (Thomas, Gray, Latu).
  • Ahkello Witherspoon
  • C.J. Beathard
  • Fred Warner
  • Tarvarius Moore
  • Jalen Hurd
  • Trey Sermon
  • Ambry Thomas
  • Tyrion Davis-Price
  • Danny Gray
  • Ji'Ayir Brown
  • Jake Moody
  • Cameron Latu
  • Dominick Puni
Originally posted by hummbabybear_1:
3rd Round Picks in the Lynch/Shanahan regime. One amazing pick, one special teams starter and a few who may not be with the team in 2024 (Thomas, Gray, Latu).
  • Ahkello Witherspoon
  • C.J. Beathard
  • Fred Warner
  • Tarvarius Moore
  • Jalen Hurd
  • Trey Sermon
  • Ambry Thomas
  • Tyrion Davis-Price
  • Danny Gray
  • Ji'Ayir Brown
  • Jake Moody
  • Cameron Latu
  • Dominick Puni

All 3 are in serious danger of missing the roster this year. I think Brown will be good
Originally posted by lamontb:
  • Ahkello Witherspoon
  • C.J. Beathard
  • Fred Warner
  • Tarvarius Moore
  • Jalen Hurd
  • Trey Sermon
  • Ambry Thomas
  • Tyrion Davis-Price
  • Danny Gray
  • Ji'Ayir Brown
  • Jake Moody
  • Cameron Latu
  • Dominick Puni

All 3 are in serious danger of missing the roster this year. I think Brown will be good

One Fred Warner is worth 2 decades of 3rd round picks.
  • Ahkello Witherspoon
  • C.J. Beathard
  • Fred Warner
  • Tarvarius Moore
  • Jalen Hurd
  • Trey Sermon
  • Ambry Thomas
  • Tyrion Davis-Price
  • Danny Gray
  • Ji'Ayir Brown
  • Jake Moody
  • Cameron Latu
  • Dominick Puni

If we keep 6 CBs, Thomas makes it.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
  • Ahkello Witherspoon
  • C.J. Beathard
  • Fred Warner
  • Tarvarius Moore
  • Jalen Hurd
  • Trey Sermon
  • Ambry Thomas
  • Tyrion Davis-Price
  • Danny Gray
  • Ji'Ayir Brown
  • Jake Moody
  • Cameron Latu
  • Dominick Puni

Finding Purdy in the last round cancels out some of those mistakes. Fans love to point out the picks that fail while ignoring all the ones that worked out better than expected. Not to mention the UDFAs.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
  • Ahkello Witherspoon
  • C.J. Beathard
  • Fred Warner
  • Tarvarius Moore
  • Jalen Hurd
  • Trey Sermon
  • Ambry Thomas
  • Tyrion Davis-Price
  • Danny Gray
  • Ji'Ayir Brown
  • Jake Moody
  • Cameron Latu
  • Dominick Puni

Finding Purdy in the last round cancels out some of those mistakes. Fans love to point out the picks that fail while ignoring all the ones that worked out better than expected. Not to mention the UDFAs.

I can agree with this, cause if not for those late round hits (Purdy, Kittle, Huff) coupled with the free agents (Ward, Juice) and trades (TW, CMC) we would be in trouble and would have already fired our coach and GM again.

Maybe we should cut him now so he won't get injured tomorrow.
  • Ahkello Witherspoon
  • C.J. Beathard
  • Fred Warner
  • Tarvarius Moore
  • Jalen Hurd
  • Trey Sermon
  • Ambry Thomas
  • Tyrion Davis-Price
  • Danny Gray
  • Ji'Ayir Brown
  • Jake Moody
  • Cameron Latu
  • Dominick Puni

At the end of the day, does it really matter how Lynch, Shanahan, and co. have done in any specific draft round or isolated situation? Surely the pertinent point is that they have put together one of the best rosters in football through the various resources available.
It's like saying Purdy has been poor in the 3rd quarter or something. Meaningless.
Originally posted by joeknows:
At the end of the day, does it really matter how Lynch, Shanahan, and co. have done in any specific draft round or isolated situation? Surely the pertinent point is that they have put together one of the best rosters in football through the various resources available.
It's like saying Purdy has been poor in the 3rd quarter or something. Meaningless.

You gotta slice-and-dice the data to look for improvement. Whatever metrics they are using for the players they rank in the 75 to 150 range has not been effective. They clearly picked a lot of guys in that range that didn't even warrant a 7th round selection.
Gray and EYE for a Lamb ??
Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:
Other teams know there is too much talent on this team so they will wait for him to be released like Sermon, Davis-Price and Pettis rather than give up a pick for a bottom-of-the-roster guy.

That's his best chance to keep getting paid for doing nothing in this league.

He bounced and recaught his pass last week. I think his hands are suspect just like Cam Latu. I'm guessing both have nursed their draft spots to the max and will be cut soon.
Share 49ersWebzone