49ers select Spencer Burford-OT/OG-UTSA, 4th Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Awesome run blocking…….very poor in pass blocking today 4 pressures allowed
Originally posted by elguapo:

Wow! Where did you get those stats?
Originally posted by YACBros85:

PFF, honestly I thought he played well overall.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Of course you did. LOL

I was just on pff after reading the comment. They didn't have any stats available for him.

If was in the PFF Article yesterday which assigned grades to 49ers and Packers for the game. Even if you don't agree with PFF the eye test showed he did allow a few pressures

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-preseason-week-1-game-recap-san-francisco-49ers-28-green-bay-packers-21
[ Edited by elguapo on Aug 13, 2022 at 12:02 PM ]

If was in the PFF Article yesterday which assigned grades to 49ers and Packers for the game. Even if you don't agree with PFF the eye test showed he did allow a few pressures

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-preseason-week-1-game-recap-san-francisco-49ers-28-green-bay-packers-21

Pff finally updated their website and I was able to check the stats out. Brendel and Banks played the best out of all the O lineman last night, especial Brendel. PP should look much better with both TW and MM starting. I hope Burford can improve by the start of the season or we may end up moving Brunskill or Moore into his spot.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Of course you did. LOL

RTs did not do much to help him, looking at you Skule
Compared to 1st preseason games of the past… the O line played like all pros. When was the last time the first preseason game didnt sound alarms when it came to the offensive line.

Obviously there were mistakes and guys got beat on certain plays, but if this is the floor from day 1 of preseason… it's pretty encouraging compared to years past.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
RTs did not do much to help him, looking at you Skule

His first whiff came when McGlinchey was still in IIRC. It was on the very first drive of the game
[ Edited by the_dynasty on Aug 13, 2022 at 12:18 PM ]

Originally posted by 49ersRing:

That's what training with Trent Williams in the off season will do for you. I know the 49ers were high on this guy, but I am sure his performance in camp has even surprised them.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Compared to 1st preseason games of the past… the O line played like all pros. When was the last time the first preseason game didnt sound alarms when it came to the offensive line.

Obviously there were mistakes and guys got beat on certain plays, but if this is the floor from day 1 of preseason… it's pretty encouraging compared to years past.

Solid post!

Pff finally updated their website and I was able to check the stats out. Brendel and Banks played the best out of all the O lineman last night, especial Brendel. PP should look much better with both TW and MM starting. I hope Burford can improve by the start of the season or we may end up moving Brunskill or Moore into his spot.

Burford had the top run-blocking grade last night. If he continues to do that he'll start regardless of what he does in the pass game.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

O line played better for sure but it also helps to have qbs who actually have pocket presence.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Burford had the top run-blocking grade last night. If he continues to do that he'll start regardless of what he does in the pass game.

Banks actually graded higher in RBLK. Burford gave up 5 pressures on 17 passing snaps. That is not good enough to start in the NFL. He has got to get better. Hopefully his next outing we will see some progress.
Share 49ersWebzone