Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Awesome run blocking…….very poor in pass blocking today 4 pressures allowed

Wow! Where did you get those stats?

If was in the PFF Article yesterday which assigned grades to 49ers and Packers for the game. Even if you don't agree with PFF the eye test showed he did allow a few pressures

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-preseason-week-1-game-recap-san-francisco-49ers-28-green-bay-packers-21

Pff finally updated their website and I was able to check the stats out. Brendel and Banks played the best out of all the O lineman last night, especial Brendel. PP should look much better with both TW and MM starting. I hope Burford can improve by the start of the season or we may end up moving Brunskill or Moore into his spot.

Burford had the top run-blocking grade last night. If he continues to do that he'll start regardless of what he does in the pass game.

Banks actually graded higher in RBLK. Burford gave up 5 pressures on 17 passing snaps. That is not good enough to start in the NFL. He has got to get better. Hopefully his next outing we will see some progress.

Hmm, going by that article, they say this about Burford: "he seemed to make up for it as a run blocker, finishing with a team-high 86.2 run-blocking grade."

If was in the PFF Article yesterday which assigned grades to 49ers and Packers for the game. Even if you don't agree with PFF the eye test showed he did allow a few pressures

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-preseason-week-1-game-recap-san-francisco-49ers-28-green-bay-packers-21

Pff finally updated their website and I was able to check the stats out. Brendel and Banks played the best out of all the O lineman last night, especial Brendel. PP should look much better with both TW and MM starting. I hope Burford can improve by the start of the season or we may end up moving Brunskill or Moore into his spot.

Burford had the top run-blocking grade last night. If he continues to do that he'll start regardless of what he does in the pass game.

Banks actually graded higher in RBLK. Burford gave up 5 pressures on 17 passing snaps. That is not good enough to start in the NFL. He has got to get better. Hopefully his next outing we will see some progress.

Hmm, going by that article, they say this about Burford: "he seemed to make up for it as a run blocker, finishing with a team-high 86.2 run-blocking grade."

That's still not going to cut it. Can't hand off every play you know. I don't want Brunskill to start at RG bc he's losing the Center competition imo. Maybe Burford can take the job back after the 1st Rams game this season bc we all know Donald is his b***h

Well then pff's article does not match their website. They have Burford graded 73.6 and Banks 76.7. Not that its much of a difference but...
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Aug 13, 2022 at 2:57 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Very nice

He certainly has some strong traits to be excited about. I love his nastiness. He is a big boy and he is strong. He does have some things to clean up though. Hopefully he shows some improvement in PP this next game. Its crazy to think that we could have a solid O line this season, inside and out. If that is the case, the sky is the limit.

He certainly has some strong traits to be excited about. I love his nastiness. He is a big boy and he is strong. He does have some things to clean up though. Hopefully he shows some improvement in PP this next game. Its crazy to think that we could have a solid O line this season, inside and out. If that is the case, the sky is the limit.

If Burford & Banks prove to be a good G combo then the 2021 & 2022 drafts look even better than they already do. Just hope as you said these guys get better PP wise.

I shall cheer for you
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Not bad at all for a rookie that was OT in College. And on this video, 65 is pretty good also.

When Rich Madrid is highlighting G's you know s**t got real this off season. LOL

As to the G's, I'm actually pretty excited about them both. They have some really nice skill sets to build upon.

Yup! Man, if Brendel plays well too, game on!
  • thl408
He better represent wearing that #74 (Staley). Good debut for the rookie. He went up against #93 a lot (TJ Slaton) who seems like a solid 2nd year DT for the Packers (played all 17 games in 2021 as a rotational DT).
Originally posted by Crash49:

I shall cheer for you

I'm not sure why I laughed at this so much lol..... good reference though.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yup! Man, if Brendel plays well too, game on!

Just rewatched the first quarter of the Greenbay Game - Brendel did a good job. Hope that continues - Banks, Brendel, Burford - the killer B's is looking good so far.

Need someone who knows O line play to tell me if Banks was good in these plays. Most of the time he found a way to not hit anyone and that goes against everything I was taught playing football.
Share 49ersWebzone