There are 162 users in the forums

49ers select Spencer Burford-OT/OG-UTSA, 4th Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JMC52:
I'm so puzzled how he was so promising his first year to this in his 2nd

From what I saw, he seems physically gifted, but just isn't good at picking up blitzes, shifts, and stunts.
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

Looks stupid our guys on social media afterward, taking shots at one another.
Hot and Cold performances.

IMO, could develop into a quality back-up.

He was bottom 1/3 last year and regressed this year. Perhaps a better OL coach could make a difference but I doubt it.
[ Edited by dj43 on Feb 21, 2024 at 8:06 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:

He was bottom 1-3 last year and regressed this year. Perhaps a better OL coach could make a difference but I doubt it.

It's weird as well because he's got interviews out there that you love to hear from any player. Talked about how he loves watching tape and working on his technique, it seems like he's just not getting yet.

Then has that post after screwing up on that final play where he said, "I should have just played within the scheme. I played on instinct. It was my fault."

He just hasn't figured it all out yet to put it all together.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

He was bottom 1-3 last year and regressed this year. Perhaps a better OL coach could make a difference but I doubt it.

It's weird as well because he's got interviews out there that you love to hear from any player. Talked about how he loves watching tape and working on his technique, it seems like he's just not getting yet.

Then has that post after screwing up on that final play where he said, "I should have just played within the scheme. I played on instinct. It was my fault."

Boot his ass out. Too many mistakes from him, very costly mistakes too, so he needs to go.
Get this guy out of town. Permanently.

Originally posted by swoosh6996:

Boot his ass out. Too many mistakes from him, very costly mistakes too, so he needs to go.

The problem is, we have only Feliciano behind him, and he had a career year last season. There is no guarantee he will play that way for an entire season. JF will be 33 next year.

The fact that Burford is our best future hope at RG points out our desperate need to move to improve three out of five positions on the OL, and that assumes Banks will play back to 2022. This past season he was below average.
Unfortunately for Burford, we'll only remember him as Barford
We need a new oline coach. Who has Forrester developed?

Originally posted by Wrathman:

You sir are correct. And why does the ST coach still have a job?

Agree. I want the Eagles OL coach.
Foerster is a very well respected guy around the league despite being fired by the Dolphins for being caught on video snorting cocaine.

Is it the coach? Or is it the type of player that Shanahan is drafting? Unless, Forrester is calling the draft shots on the players he wants Shanahan and Lynch to acquire. Frankly, I don't know. I think Forrester has done well with developing Banks. But, there is clearly a problem on that right side of the line. Both Burford and McKivitz were less than stellar. But that's just my opinion.

Agree. I want the Eagles OL coach.

Tough. You get Big Dom and like it.
Share 49ersWebzone